PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Wrong firmware!

maco
15-01-2005, 02:55
I uploaded the wrong firmware to my WL500g: the 1.8.2.1 WL500gx version for the deluxe model! Now the router doesn't work. Its software presents it as a deluxe model and it doesn't accept flashing a WL500g firmware.
The utility doesn't work either.

Is there a way to upload the correct firmware?

int
15-01-2005, 08:41
I uploaded the wrong firmware to my WL500g: the 1.8.2.1 WL500gx version for the deluxe model! Now the router doesn't work. Its software presents it as a deluxe model and it doesn't accept flashing a WL500g firmware.
The utility doesn't work either.

Is there a way to upload the correct firmware?

The WL are in emergency mode? (the led power are flashing?)
if so, you connect to WL with eth cable, wait for windows to atribute a ip (auto by windows, because can't resolve by HTTPD of WL)
Now execute the Firmware Restoration that are in Asus utility, and update your firmware..

Antiloop
15-01-2005, 16:38
he says his model presents itselves as a WL500g Deluxe thus it works..

just read manual on how to restore firmware
or use the search

maco
15-01-2005, 17:54
Thanks for the quick replies!
Perhaps I was not very clear in my first post...

After the wrong bios update the DHCP services of the router ceased. The wireless signal can be detected but the network services are unavailable. With a manual IP I can access via eth the web user interface which seems to work ok. However, the (correct WL500g) firmware file is rejected as unsuitable when I try to upload it (it just accepts deluxe firmwares now!). The Asus firmware utility is unable to connect to the router.
I even tried to emulate a failed firmware upgrade (using the deluxe firmware) to get the router in emergency mode but it never entered that state!

Antiloop
15-01-2005, 19:02
use search or read manual

you can put the wl500g into recovery modus

just press and hold the restore button, and power it on
whoila it is in recovery modus

and please use a static IP while doing firmware recovery

maco
16-01-2005, 00:41
Problem solved! Thanks for the help Antiloop!