PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : A few questions regarding WL-HDD functioning

Valkenier
13-01-2005, 21:34
First: I use firmware 1.2.3.0 (Asus). When configuring my WL-HDD it sometimes falls back to factory settings after a restart, this seems rather unpredictable. Does someone know a cause or solution, or an easy way to backup previously made configurations?

Second: I quitted the transfer of a large file to the WL-HDD halfway. Now it's there (half) on the HDD, but I can't delete it since it's "locked". Is there a solution to delete or unlock this file?

Third: Is it right that 1.2.3.0 has a bug in restricting access according to the users list in combination with windowsXP? I mean I don't get access at all to the share if i use the configured user/passwd.

fstolle
24-01-2005, 20:48
Hi Valkenier
i´ve the same firmware and it works without any problems.
It seems to be a local problem. Maybe you device is damaged. I think it´s not possible to save and restore the settings.

2. I tried to copy large files and aborted the transfer but i´ve no problems to delete these files.

2 I agree with your problem to get access with XP. The only way to get access is via FTP.

Frank

Valkenier
24-01-2005, 21:31
1.Strange enough, the settings are now persistent after rebooting, can't explain it though.

2.I found out that after a reboot of the WL-HDD, the locked file became unlocked, and I was able to delete it. So that's solved

3. This issue is still there, it's not a big problem for me in my current setup of the wl-hdd, but in the future I would like to have the opportunity to lock certain users out of my personal files.

Styno
25-01-2005, 09:11
You might want to connect a shared drive by right-clicking on 'My Network Places' and 'Map network drive', now you can supply the correct credentials.

Valkenier
25-01-2005, 22:19
You might want to connect a shared drive by right-clicking on 'My Network Places' and 'Map network drive', now you can supply the correct credentials.

What do you mean?
The problem is that if I configure users and password on my WL-HDD for certain directory access, the WL-HDD refuses the connection although user and passwd in WinXP are right. My WL-HDD only allows acces if guest account is enabled, which gives all users acces to the shared directories. I don't see what your solution changes about this?

signed
26-01-2005, 08:19
What do you mean?
The problem is that if I configure users and password on my WL-HDD for certain directory access, the WL-HDD refuses the connection although user and passwd in WinXP are right. My WL-HDD only allows acces if guest account is enabled, which gives all users acces to the shared directories. I don't see what your solution changes about this?

The authentication is probably handled differently, this also occur sometimes with windows based machines within different workgroups.
In that case the solution normally is to make a drivemapping as proposed in the earlier message.