PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : DHCP and Vista

MagicBoy
08-07-2008, 01:00
Chaps,

Been a while since I was on here. Anyway Mum's using my WL500g after I moved to an ADSL only area and I'm cat sitting while she sits in the sun for a couple of weeks.

I've using a MacBook Pro but can't get it to connect to the wireless in Vista via DHCP. Works fine in OS X using the same card but Vista via Boot Camp needs a manual IP setting up. I've done a reboot of both just in case but no joy (router had been up 5 months!).

Any ideas?

wiz
15-07-2008, 11:46
why would you run vista on a mac book?

anyways. My first thoughts were the dhcp server knows the mac adress of the nic in the macbook as you probably had it running and kept it in the dhcp leases.

The vista will ask for a dhcp address while the dhcp server expects a renewall request. So what you can try to do is release the ip address and then boot vista to see if that helps.

MagicBoy
15-07-2008, 17:55
Vista - for testing purposes and the odd game. I use OS X 99% of the time.

I'll try the release/renew trick later. Works fine however on my usual router (Netgear DG834GT with custom ISP firmware), it's just the Asus that's misbehaving.

wiz
23-07-2008, 07:17
it is not the asus, it is vista.

If you get no dhcp, you will probably have an unidentified network in vista. If you are bored, do a google on "vista+unidentified network" :).