PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : printing fails - and I see clock set to 1970!

peter1908
10-01-2005, 03:40
Hi there,
All was well - after some troubles setting up with the Alcatel Speed Touch Pro and bigpond in Australia.
Then I lost my paralell printer - I've tried multiple computers and a usb printer and I cannot get the printers to work.
Three days later I then lost my connection altogether - the green 'air' light stayed on permanently.
So I turned off the power to the WL500g. Turned on again.
The 'air' light started flashing and the network came back.
But I still cannot print
And I now see that the date is 1970 and the link to 'ntp' - time.nist.gov - when you click on it says the server has moved - and I have no idea how to 'reconnect' with it.
Can I set the time manually?
Are hte clock and printer issues related?
Can anyone help - please?!
Thank you
Peter

Antiloop
10-01-2005, 08:44
Hi there,
All was well - after some troubles setting up with the Alcatel Speed Touch Pro and bigpond in Australia.
Then I lost my paralell printer - I've tried multiple computers and a usb printer and I cannot get the printers to work.
Three days later I then lost my connection altogether - the green 'air' light stayed on permanently.
So I turned off the power to the WL500g. Turned on again.
The 'air' light started flashing and the network came back.
But I still cannot print
And I now see that the date is 1970 and the link to 'ntp' - time.nist.gov - when you click on it says the server has moved - and I have no idea how to 'reconnect' with it.
Can I set the time manually?
Are hte clock and printer issues related?
Can anyone help - please?!
Thank you
Peter
:confused: read faq a bit please
supply more info, firmware version, printer type
what did work before and what did not etc..

peter1908
12-01-2005, 01:54
I HAVE SOOOOOO looked at the FAQs and spent SOOOO many hours trying to fall in love with this WL500.
It is up and runnning using firmware 1.8.1.9 - which is the one which can handle bigpond's heartbeat.
I had a Canon bjc 80 connected to the parallel port and all was fine - about an 8 sec delay between pressing print and the job starting...occasionally it went to more like 20sec - no idea why.
Then the printer just stopped working. I've tried two or three computers - all of which print fine to their usb/paralell ports.
I've tried connecting a BJC85 to the usb port on the WL500 - no joy.
I've done a complete reset on the WL500 - no joy.
I HAVE NOTICEd that the time on my WL500 is set to 1970 - there seems to be an issue with the ntp link - I don't know if this affects the printing - and I cannot understand why ALL the WL500s aren't affected by this fact that 'time.nist.gov' has moved.
PLEASE help me if you can.
Thank you
Peter