PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How to add new users

gromot
15-06-2008, 18:32
Hi,
I have WL-500G Premium router and just installed the latest Oleg firmware. I have followed one of the tutorials to mount the HDD. So far it was going well, it works almost as I wanted, but I would like to have different users with different access rights to different folders. How can I do it?
I have installed Samba , http interface (swat) and "adduser".
I can not add new user from the http interface - it says "User luk does not exist in system password file (usually /etc/passwd). Cannot add account without a valid local system user."
I understand I need the local system user first, right?
"adduser luk" says "home/luk - read only file system". If I am on the correct path, can you please tell me what to do with this? I can change the folder, but what is the proper/standard location?
If I have the user then I will have to use the swat to create shares and acces permissions, right?

Can you please briefly explain me what to do? Or at leas point me to a proper how-to - I could not find any.

Thanks and best regards,
LUK

gromot
15-06-2008, 22:07
I have finally added a user with the 'adduser -H luk' - option 'do not create the home directory'. I know it works, but I still can not share the folder for the created user. (I can log in to the router via telnet using the new user and password).
Here is my smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.1.172 (192.168.1.172)
# Date: 2008/06/15 20:58:34

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = MSHOME
netbios name = ASUS
server string = Samba Optware Server
security = SHARE
log file = /opt/var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50