PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Can't compile 1.9.2.7-2 for WL500g

dAF2000
08-01-2005, 18:08
Although it's my first post here, I already wanted to compile the 1.9.2.7 firmware. However, after some time I get this error message during the make:

cp: cannot stat '/root/broadcom/router/mipsel-uclibc/install/nas/usr/sbin/nas': No such file or directory

I untarred GPL_1927.tar (I already renamed GPL_1927.zip to GPL_1927.tar.gz and gunzipped it, that why it's a tar file now). After that I downloaded wl5009-1.9.2.7-2.tar.bz2 from http://wl500g.dyndns.org, extracted it and placed all files in /root/broadcom/src. I saw that the original Makefile was overwritten now. Then started compiling using "make".

Some files were patched, so that seemed to be okay, until I got this error during the make of "nas", I think.

The strange thing is, is that the file "nas" which failed is present in the directory /root/broadcom/src/router/mipsel-uclibc/install/nas/usr/sbin. I just don't have /root/broadcom/router/mipsel-uclibc/install/nas/usr/sbin (see the difference with and without /src/).

What did I wrong here?

Oleg
08-01-2005, 19:04
extracted it and placed all files in /root/broadcom/src. I saw that the original Makefile was overwritten now. Then started compiling using "make".

You do not need to strip leading directory, but extract AS IS.

dAF2000
08-01-2005, 20:18
If I extract it, I get the directory wl500g-1.9.2.7-2. In which directory should I extract it? So, where should the directory wl500g-1.9.2.7-2 be?

Oleg
08-01-2005, 20:21
It should be in the broadcom/src, just like wl500g.dyndns.org page saying.

dAF2000
08-01-2005, 21:25
You're right. I think I became a bit blind due to all the tars, gz and bz2 :)
It compiles a lot better now. However, if I get to compiling the firmware (cd src/gateway and make) it finally gets to building the kernel in /root/broadcom/src/linux/linux and reports "*** No rule to make target 'zImage'. Stop. And that's right because there is no zImage in the Makefile.
Well, it's okay for me now. I don't want to compile the kernel, just want to compile some programs. I think that should work now.

Thanks for your help till now!