PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : [VPN] Using client fails behind wl500g

jycai
28-02-2004, 06:03
I can not connect my windows xp vpn client to the server at work through WL-500G.

I have tried the following, but non of them work.
1. put my pc's IP in the DMZ
2. Open 1732 port

I have no problem connect my vpn through dial-up, so the server is not the problem.

Any one have any idea?

luka82
19-04-2004, 19:08
Me too!!

copycat
23-04-2004, 12:55
is it me or are we missing some posts here?

Antiloop
23-04-2004, 13:26
I don't think it's you..

luka82
23-04-2004, 14:02
i have the same problem

Antiloop
23-04-2004, 15:36
i think someone missed the boat.. :D

luka82 there were a few replies here today

someone telling it didn't work.. and copycat(am i right?) telling his vpn does work

and me telling something i don't remember anymore, or it was the last post..

but somehow they've disappeared with some other posts

copycat
23-04-2004, 16:26
Ok. Either I was in the future this morning and have now returned to present time, or this forum is buggy. A couple of days back my posts in the compatible hardware didn't show up, but they did a few hours later...

When I replied with the "is it me" this post was all the way down in the list so the forum "forgot" about the last posts..

jycai
23-04-2004, 16:29
Actually with the new firmware, the VPN is working. The only problem I have right now, when I connect VPN, then web browing is not working; If I uncheck the use default gateway on remote network on the Advanced TCP/IP settings, then web browing is o.k., but the AS400 on the VPN side is not working.

Any one knows how to fix the problem?

Originally posted by jycai
I can not connect my windows xp vpn client to the server at work through WL-500G.

I have tried the following, but non of them work.
1. put my pc's IP in the DMZ
2. Open 1732 port

I have no problem connect my vpn through dial-up, so the server is not the problem.

Any one have any idea?

Antiloop
23-04-2004, 22:00
Originally posted by copycat
Ok. Either I was in the future this morning and have now returned to present time, or this forum is buggy. A couple of days back my posts in the compatible hardware didn't show up, but they did a few hours later...

When I replied with the "is it me" this post was all the way down in the list so the forum "forgot" about the last posts..

FYI the RCH forum is moderated.

about the posts this morning, the database got restored with an earlier backup due to database error.

also this forum will migrate ASAP to an other version
more things will be changed then..

copycat
23-04-2004, 23:15
Originally posted by Antiloop
FYI the RCH forum is moderated.

about the posts this morning, the database got restored with an earlier backup due to database error.

I suspected something like that, but because you didn't mention it I found it a bit strange.. But hey, if you have to divide your time between the forum and a new PWC version I know which one to choose :D

Antiloop
24-04-2004, 00:13
let's say i'm too stupid(or lazy) to find out how to create a directory to compile CR2 at my linuxbox.. so i'll wait till Oleg is back from vacation and i'll bother him with it...

peteredhair
24-04-2004, 00:37
Originally posted by jycai
Actually with the new firmware, the VPN is working. The only problem I have right now, when I connect VPN, then web browing is not working; If I uncheck the use default gateway on remote network on the Advanced TCP/IP settings, then web browing is o.k., but the AS400 on the VPN side is not working.

Any one knows how to fix the problem?

I don't think this is a problem, i'm also running the CR2 from Oleg and access a VPN at my work.

When i'm connected to the vpn every tcp packet get's tunneled on the vpn and isn't allowed to travel outside the vpn.
When i disconnect from the vpn i can access the internet from my pc and throught my asus wl-500g and my cable modem.

I think that's the way it works not a problem but i could be wrong.

Pete