PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : VPN Pass through

tvcao2000
03-01-2005, 18:28
:confused: I tried to read as much information about VPN pass-through from this forum as much as possible so that I can set it up for my wife (she is threatening to return WL-500G because there isn't any instruction of how to setup VPN) but I am getting nowhere. Firmware is 1.9.2.7. Windows 2000 Pro is on the computer that will be using VPN. I would like to know:

- Where do I go to set this up?
- Any particular port(s) need to be opened and how? (Basically, throw as much detail at me as possible)

I really like Asus products so I do not want to see this item returned. Many thanks.
:( :( :(

Oleg
03-01-2005, 18:44
There is a bug in the ASUS firmwares, preventing passthough to work.
I've fixed this bug in the 1.9.2.7-2 firmware.

tvcao2000
04-01-2005, 05:30
I have update the firmware to 1.9.2.7-2 but I still have problem with the VPN setup. Everyone kept saying that PPTP setting will allow the VPN to work. The only place where I see PPTP is at "IP Config - WAN & LAN". Once I selected this option, "WAN IP Setting" was asking for IP, Subnet Mask, and Def Gateway. I used the IP, Subnet Mask, and Def Gateway that were given by my Cable Modem. Once I saved the setting, every computer was disconnected from the internet. I went in and change PPTP to Auto IP then I can get to the internet again. I am playing with different setting for 5 hours now but it still does not work. I know I got the right firmware, now all I need is anyone (this means you Oley ;) ) to tell me where I need to go and what type of information that I need to fillin for each field. Possibly any thread that will help me to head to the right direction is greatly appreciated.

- I am using Windows 2000, I don't know anything about Linux or Unix.
- I don't know anything about how to run a command line or telneting (I try to telnet to my gateway but unsuccessful)
- I am new to this but part of the problem is Asus has a poor instruction (documentation) of how to setup VPN or PPTP (Matter of fact, they do not have anything on these at all. I had emailed them more than two days ago but no reply yet).

Please HELP !!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

wiz
04-01-2005, 07:07
vpn passthrough means you can start Vpn tunnels from your lan to a vpn server in the wan (internet).

So if you have configured your Asus to give you access to the internet, you can setup a vpn session with the new connection wizard from windows.

So your VPN tunnel runs from your desktop to the server on the internet. Not from your asus to the server on the internet, so no additional configuration needed there.

Just make sure you have the correct customized firmware made by Oleg, and you should be able to get vpn through your Asus.