PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : LAN ping doesnīt work / C&C Generals / IP settings

Wiredbrain
30-12-2004, 19:27
Hi @all!

Perhaps another newbie question ...

My config:
WL500g: 192.168.1.1 (internet connection isnīt desired)
wireless Client 1: 192.168.1.101
wireless Client 2: 192.168.1.102
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 at Router + clients
Client 1: Win XP home
Client 2: Win XP prof.
all firewalls are down
both clients can access WL500g when using ASUS utility "device discovery"
Client MAC adresses are allocated in 500g config

1)
I can ping from both clients to the router, but not from client to client (canīt see the clients in network neighborhoud either ...)
Could it be a Win prob or a WL500g prob?

2)
What should I do, do make C&C Generals (Zero Hour) work in LAN? Any suggestions how to??

3)
While configurating the 500g at the first time I thought Iīve seen a menu where I can configure what client IP adresses (or range) are allowed to connect to 500g - I canīt find it anymore ... *yes - thatīs me*
Where could I find it?

Sorry - perhaps dopey - but Iīm really dispaired ... :eek:

Thanks for your effort!
Stephan

Styno
30-12-2004, 20:20
Probably you've enabled Win XP SP2 firewall or some other firewall on the pc (like ZoneAlarm).

Wiredbrain
30-12-2004, 21:34
Hi - thanks for your fast reply!

All Win XP firewalls are de-activated. Sygate was in use for testing and asks for traffic on port 8086 which I accepted. Result: The same as without firewall - no connect for the game.

I canīt believe that WL 500g is the reason. I tried some other Win XP clients (home and prof.) and all can reach WL 500g with "Device Discovery" but no ping to other clients.

Whatīs about DNS and WINS in networkproperties? Should I register there the IP of WL 500g?

btw: It isnīt possible to connect network drives from one client to another.

Iīll check my network config in Windows again. The bug must be there ...

brubber
30-12-2004, 23:57
Add gateway (192.168.1.1) in the TCP/IP settings of the proper (wireless) network card on your client machines.

Any firewalls active on your router?

Styno
31-12-2004, 14:07
I assume here that you plan to assign automatic IP addresses to the pc's in your LAN. This is done by DHCP, so you'll have to setup the DHCP server on the WL-500g and configure the LAN pc's as DHCP client. In WinXP that means you have to set the IP configuration to 'obtain IP address automatically' and 'obtain DNS server address automatically'. If you've done that reboot the pc and type ipconfig /all on the commandline. There should be a 192.168.1.xxx address there. Also you can check on the router which addresses have been automatically assigned (see your manual for that). If that is allright, and no firewalls are active, you should be able to ping LAN pc's.

tomilius
26-02-2005, 19:46
Maybe this wasn't around back then, but Set AP Isolated would do it.

theboy50
30-03-2006, 16:20
Add gateway (192.168.1.1) in the TCP/IP settings of the proper (wireless) network card on your client machines.

Any firewalls active on your router?

This worked for me.
Thanks you.

I had it set to automatically get DNS and IP, but with that configuration i could no se the other clients or ping then. After I manualy sat the gateway and DNS servere ip, It worked.