PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : FTP Server connection problems from WAN

yokokito
28-12-2004, 00:50
Hello,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate everybody who makes this forum possible, specially Oleg & Antiloop.

I have recently upgraded my WL-500g router from the firmware version 1.7.5.9.-5 to the newest ones 1.9.2.7. I was really happy with 1.7.5.9-5 but the bandwithd management feature makes me to upgrade the router.

However, now I´m experiencing problems with the FTP server. From the LAN side the FTP server works fine, but from the WAN side it does not work at all, no response, time-out etc.

The Asus Wl-500g is behind a 3COM 812 ADSL router that connects to the ADSL. In this router, the TCP port 21 is mapped (NAT) to the Asus router.
This configuration, which I have not changed, worked fine with previous firmware 1.7.5.9-5. I use the web interface to set-up the FTP server. Firewall, filters, etc are disabled in the Asus.

I have tried firmware releases 1.9.2.7-1, 1.9.2.7-2 and the official one 1.9.2.7 from Asus. Always the same problem. I also tried to change the operation mode of the Asus, I have checked the syslog, etc etc, without success.

Has anybody experienced similar problems ?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year from Spain.

Oleg
28-12-2004, 13:06
In which mode wl500g is operating? I mean HG, AP or Router.
Also, how an IP address is assigned?

yokokito
28-12-2004, 18:11
I tried all modes without success.

I set the IP of the ASUS router, 192.168.5.253. The IP of the 3COM (LAN side is 192.168.5.254). The public IP is static, configured in the 3COM, which is connected to WAN side.

This configuration worked fine in previous firmware series, I mean 1.7.9.5. I did not tried the 1.8 series.

Many Thanks

Sylvain
11-01-2005, 20:33
Hello !

Thanks to the webmasters for this forum !!!

I have exactly the same problem : no problem to acces the USB DRIVE with FTP from lan :) , but no response from wan. Ping ok from wan :mad: ...

CU
Sylvain

longa
19-01-2005, 10:57
I also have the same problem. Isn't there anyone who can help me out?

I've allready contacted asus, they said it should be something with the filtertable in the 'internet firewall' settings. But I still don't know what i should be exactly.

Antiloop
19-01-2005, 12:23
I tried all modes without success.

I set the IP of the ASUS router, 192.168.5.253. The IP of the 3COM (LAN side is 192.168.5.254). The public IP is static, configured in the 3COM, which is connected to WAN side.

This configuration worked fine in previous firmware series, I mean 1.7.9.5. I did not tried the 1.8 series.

Many Thanks
are you using the same WAN subnet as LAN subnet?

Antiloop
19-01-2005, 12:24
Hello !

Thanks to the webmasters for this forum !!!

I have exactly the same problem : no problem to acces the USB DRIVE with FTP from lan :) , but no response from wan. Ping ok from wan :mad: ...

CU
Sylvain
perhaps you are behind an ADSL router or something..

Sylvain
19-01-2005, 19:46
That's right ! I'm behind a freebox, ADSL modem...
I think there's a tuning to do, but which one ?

Thanks !

Sylvain

yokokito
22-01-2005, 09:53
Hello,

Yes, last weekend I found out the soultion to my problems with the FTP server from WAN side.

My configuration is a ADSL Router 3COM 812, with port 21 mapped (NAT) to Asus IP.

The problem has been fixed connecting an ethernet cable from the 3COM router to the WAN port of the ASUS !!!!. So, be careful, apart of properly configuring NAT to open the suitable ports, of connecting both router through the WAN port of the ASUS.
Doing that, all connectiions coming from WAN side to FTP server works fine !!!.

However, I found another problem. I can't access to the 3COM router from any PC behind ASUS.
I also put both ASUS WAN IP and 3COM LAN IP in the same subnet, and the others PC and the AUS LAN IP in a different sublan, but no access. I also tried to configure a port routing in the AUS but failed.
Solution to this problem ? Easy, but not very elegant. To connect a new ethernet cable between both routers, but in theis case in the LAN port of the ASUS.

Summarising, I Have:

1 Ethernet cable from 3COM to ASUS WAN port --> This connection allows to pass incoming conections to the FTP server.

1 Ethernet cable from 3COM to ASUS LAN port --> This connetion allows me to get access to 3COM router from any PC behind the ASUS router.

I know it is not very elegant but it works fine.

I hope this solution helps you to fix your "frustating" problems with the FTP server.

Kindest Regards from Madrid (Spain).

Sylvain
27-01-2005, 21:55
Hello,

The problem was I tried to connect from the WAM with a computer which was behind a FTP proxy... The administrator told me what to do and now it works fine !

I have au Iomega ZIP USB 1.1 100Mb plugged on and it's OK !!!
:) :) :)

Thanks
Sylvain