PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Settings for IPTV through this router

Tellus1
23-03-2008, 13:49
What settings do I have to change in WL500gP in order to be able to watch IPTV on any computer in LAN segment?

(Right now I use a secondary NIC on one computer, which is connected directly to ISP's switch, but only when watching TV on this computer. NIC#1 is connected to WL500gP for the "regular" internet traffic. I was hoping to optimize the whole thing to go through one NIC, using this router.)

bilik
03-04-2008, 20:44
What settings do I have to change in WL500gP in order to be able to watch IPTV on any computer in LAN segment?

(Right now I use a secondary NIC on one computer, which is connected directly to ISP's switch, but only when watching TV on this computer. NIC#1 is connected to WL500gP for the "regular" internet traffic. I was hoping to optimize the whole thing to go through one NIC, using this router.)

From telnet

type /usr/sbin/igmpproxy
or /usr/sbin/igmpproxy -c /etc/igmpproxy.conf
or go in to web based menagment page , and then ip config->route and enable multicast routing , in my case worked .
p.s you need to change Multicast Rate to in something else than auto .

ChriZ
01-05-2009, 21:40
So, I finally managed to get my IPTV to work by Enabling Multicast Routes (IP Config > Miscellaneous) ... however, whenever my IPTV is on, suddenly my wireless network won't work anymore..
Whenever I'm trying to connect, it stalls when "Acquiring network address". I've tried to look both in the wireless settings and the DHCP, but haven't been able to make this work, so I've hit a dead end here..

This is applicable to both my laptops and my squeezebox, wired LAN works fine, though, also, whenever I'm not using my IPTV, everything is working okay... (all devices are 54g)

Oh, and I'm using Oleg 1.9.2.7-9 .

Any help or good ideas where to search are much appreciated, as I really prefer to use my Asus router than the bundled router with my IPTV...

/Christian

wpte
02-05-2009, 01:22
there is a 10 version out of oleg...:p
the lastest stable version: http://oleg.wl500g.info/1.9.2.7-10/

anyway... did you add some routes or just only enabled the multicast routes?
can you post the output of the command:

route
(can be done via telnet/ssh or the webinterface-> system setup -> system command)

who knows:p

ChriZ
02-05-2009, 14:47
there is a 10 version out of oleg...:p
the lastest stable version: http://oleg.wl500g.info/1.9.2.7-10/

anyway... did you add some routes or just only enabled the multicast routes?
can you post the output of the command:

(can be done via telnet/ssh or the webinterface-> system setup -> system command)

who knows:p

No, I haven't added any routes, I just enabled the multicast routes...

here is the results of the route (This is when streaming isn't active and my wlan works)
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
100.104.2.129 * 255.255.255.255 UH 0 0 0 vlan1
100.104.2.128 * 255.255.255.128 U 0 0 0 vlan1
192.168.15.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 br0
127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
default 100.104.2.129 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 vlan1

I didn't know a v10 of Oleg was out, guess I'm a little behind, I'll try an update as well when I have some time available, but please keep giving me good ideas ;)

EDIT: Just updated to Oleg version 10, unfortunately, this didn't solve this problem...

/Christian

wpte
03-05-2009, 01:13
and do the routes change when you are streaming then?:confused:
it differs quite a lot of what I have... and it contains ip-adresses that are not private (for home use) and might conflict with internet ip-adresses:p

do you use pppoe or something? because then it might be right:)

ChriZ
05-05-2009, 20:15
and do the routes change when you are streaming then?:confused:
it differs quite a lot of what I have... and it contains ip-adresses that are not private (for home use) and might conflict with internet ip-adresses:p

do you use pppoe or something? because then it might be right:)

This is when streaming iptv:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
100.104.2.129 * 255.255.255.255 UH 0 0 0 vlan1
100.104.2.128 * 255.255.255.128 U 0 0 0 vlan1
192.168.15.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 br0
127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo
default 100.104.2.129 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 vlan1

I think 100.104.2.129 is my iptv box...

I don't know if I'm using PPoE - how do I find out? (And what is it?) I find it rather bizzare that wired LAN works fine and only wlan is behaving strange..

/Christian

LiquidBee
24-05-2009, 19:31
Same thing here :(
HW: WL 500W
firmware: Oleg 1.9.2.7-10.

IPTV is not working on WLAN but working perfectly on LAN, and when LAN uses IPTV - all wlan connections die. The wireless network is still "visible" to the laptop but no traffic and no ip address can be aquired/assigned :(

Firewall and multicast routing are enabled.

any ideas?

thanks

filet
19-03-2010, 00:35
Dear english+Russian speaking members of forum!
I'm struggeling with configuration of wl500w/oleg 1.9.2.7-10 router to enable IPTV udp stream through router, but i'm more or less unsuccesfull. When searching wl500g.info forum for any additional info, Ican found a couple of hundred topics on russian part of forum, bot only a few of them (mostly unanswered) on english part of forum.
So can I be one ob the bilingual expert to make a quick resume or even better HOw-To of probably allready discused and answered questions on properly configuration of wl500x routers to play with IPTV broadcasts.

Currently in our country one of the provider requires separate connection for "data" and "video" and if you want to watch IPTV on PC with active data connection, you had to have two NIC's. After that you may have two separate networks, with diferent netmask (24 bit for data and 16 bit for video which requires udp/5002 port).
One of the sugestion on one of the local forum was, to connect data cable to wan port and video cable to first lan port of the asus router, than to enable multicast routing (and make a little magic).

In a name of non-russian speaking members, thanks for your help!

wpte
19-03-2010, 00:40
I never tried the iptv settings, but I just want to point you that there is an improved oleg firmware: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/downloads/list fresh builds about every month or so:D

filet
19-03-2010, 08:53
I never tried the iptv settings, but I just want to point you that there is an improved oleg firmware: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/downloads/list fresh builds about every month or so:D

Thanks for a tip; I will try new firmware and see if my problems will be solved! But, where can I find any informations about features of firmware?

wpte
19-03-2010, 11:21
Thanks for a tip; I will try new firmware and see if my problems will be solved! But, where can I find any informations about features of firmware?

it is configured the same way as the old one, ipkg works the same way etc.
there are just new features in the web admin and fixed a lot of problems:)

filet
19-03-2010, 17:56

With above firmware I can succesfuly connect/receive IPTV UDP stream.
I just have to upgrade firmware of router, disable dhcp on ISP "modem", connect video cable to any lan port and it's works.

I fnd out that firmware handle much better the WDS - now it can have security enabled (with Asus router securityy has to be set to open-system).

So Thanks for the link of firmware.

bef
16-10-2010, 23:00
Hello

I got a probably uncommon network setup and need some help to fix some last quirks...

first my network-setup:

Router from ISP configured as bridge
^
| Wired
v
RT-N16 as main router
^
| Wifi
v
WL-500w as Ethernet Brigde
^
| Wired
v
ITPV Box

Settings for the wifi-bridge:
WPA2/AES encryption
Multicast enabled
Multicast rate 38mbps
"efficient multicast forwarding disabled" (On the RT-N16, the Wl500w doesn't offer this feature)

now to my problems:
- Currently I get image or sound hiccups every 5 to 30 seconds. When I use a cable to plug the TV-box directly into the RT-N16 I no longer see these hiccups. I therefore suspect the wifi-bridge to be the culprit. Unfortunately a cable is no option in the long run...

- The efficient multicast forwarding doesn't work properly (RT-N16 only):
It only works when I start it up without the efficient forwarding, then turn it on and restart the RT-N16.

Someone has an idea on how to get the wifi-link more reliable?

thanks and with king regards
Benj

wpte
17-10-2010, 14:38
Someone has an idea on how to get the wifi-link more

For me it's also unstable, until I found the best channel to use:)
So... test out a few channels and see what happens.

If you get it right (and the routers are not too far away from each other), then you should be able to get a bandwidth of 20 to 40 Mbit/s

As for the jitter... I don't think that will ever disappear:(

theMIROn
17-10-2010, 14:54
"efficient multicast forwarding disabled" (On the RT-N16, the Wl500w doesn't offer this feature)
WL500W definitely does offer this feature with FW from my sign below.

- The efficient multicast forwarding doesn't work properly (RT-N16 only):
It only works when I start it up without the efficient forwarding, then turn it on and restart the RT-N16.
it splits wire and radio streams, keeps radio clean from multicast, if the subscribers are all on wire. Nothing else.

bef
17-10-2010, 21:56
@wpte

Moving the WL500w around a bit vastly improved the situation :) I only get a small stutter every few minutes if any at all... I still might have a look at the channel, as I selected the one in use years ago.

@theMIROn

Thanks for the clarification. I misinterpreted the effect of "efficient multicast forwarding", I thought it implements something like IGMP snooping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IGMP_snooping).
Therefore it is clear why I don't see this option on the WL500w: It is configured as Wifi-Client / Ethernet bridge and hence doesn't provide wifi-services for clients.