PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : [HowTo] GPRS/3G/HSDPA/UMTS USB modem Huawei E220 on Asus router

newbiefan
14-03-2008, 15:58
ATT: This Firmware is outdated. You can use this one: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/

The Huawei E220 modem is more and more used as a mobile internet access.
Well, wouldn't it be nice to have a cheap wireless-router, capable to be installed fast and elsewhere?
A mobile USB modem and a Linux-Router allows you to achieve it!
Whether at the alpine-cabin, at the car park, campground or Grandma's, everywhere internet for all!
The Huawei E220 modem is increasingly used from an unbelieveable amount of isp's throughout the world.
An adaption of Olegs grandiose firmware called Koppel FW gives you the unique opportunity to turn your low price asus router
to a full fledged gprs/umts wireless router in an easy way.
Please read the entire howto before any installation.
FIRMWARE FOR WL500GPV2 IS AVAILABLE NOW!!
The firmware is available for Asus Wl500gP, g, gx
-Download http://koppel.cz/cdmawifi/download (newest adapted, stable Oleg FW)
-Set at routers web interface, system setup to factory default. (of course apply & finish)
-Wait for reboot and click at menu system setup 'firmware upgrade' to upload your new firmware (1.71).
-Please wait several minutes and do not touch/unplug anything.....
THE LATEST FIRMWARE-RELEASE (1.69) SUPPORTS ALREADY THE HUAWEI E220 MODEM (SINCE 1.68).
Click on GSM / GPRS and input your data of your isp - done.
FOR ALL OLDER VERSIONS (<1.68) YOU NEED THE ATTACHED FILE 'dial.huawei.tar.gz' (or if your connection speed is too slow).
-After reboot choose USB Connection and select User defined.
-Upload attached user dial-up file 'dial.huawei.tar.gz'
-Then USB connection, dial-up Config, your username / password / APN / dialin number. (some isp don't need usernames/passwords)
Then apply and finish.

After each reboot the router connects automatically to inet. Use the webif to toggle between connect and disconnect.
Please note, that the modem must be switched with "windows mobile connect" to 3g preferred enabled and pin code disabled.
If you don't have your dial-in number and/or APN, just google for it or call support line of your isp.

With newer asus-routers (wl-500gp), perhaps you get a weak or no wireless signal. If this is the case, please log on (telnet) to your router (192.168.1.1) and add
to your post-boot (stored at /tmp/local/sbin/post-boot) with 'vi /tmp/local/sbin/post-boot' (if you are not firm with vi, google for vi manual, it's easy):

'wl antdiv 3'

This allows the router to select the best antenna.
As usual, store your post-boot with 'flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot'.

This HowTo is an excerpt from english Wl500g forum http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=7318
and (a german) UMTS Forum http://www.umtslink.at/3g-forum/showthread.php?p=528907
And last, but not least, many thanks to Oleg and Engy for such a grandiose firmware.
Have fun.........

newbiefan
26-03-2008, 20:37
If somebody want to have the "dial huawei" files with pin code, download from here:
http://wl500g.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=2738&d=1206016319

newbiefan
31-03-2008, 10:21
If your usb modem does not connect or your connection is lost,
just do a

killall pppd
and wait a minute, the modem starts immediatly with a new dial in.

Later I'll post a script which checks inet-connection and reconnects when connection is lost.

Att.: there is no need to reboot the router!!!

newbiefan
01-04-2008, 10:06
There are several ways to go.......
1.) You reboot your router, but I strongly suggest don't use such a solution.
When you reboot your router by script, it can end in a continuous
rebooting device.
Sometimes it is hard to get a connection to your router.....
2.) You do just nothing - the regular fw recognise a lost connection within 5
minutes
then a new connection is established again.
3.) You can open a console on your router and enter 'killall pppd'. Wait a
minute, your router starts a new connection immediatly.
4.) You write a script to ping a website from time to time and when at least
dns connection is lost, your script kills pppd and a new connection is
established soon.
Below you find all needed files, store file address to '/tmp/etc/' and do
the appropriate entry in '/tmp/local/.files', then store script 'watch_wan'
to '/tmp/local/sbin/' and store everything with the well known commands:
'flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot'
If you want, you can change time between pings, your loglocation aso.,
just have a closer look at the file 'watch_wan', don't forget to store it
forever with flashfs....
5.) You change your gprs file. As written above, there is an automatic
detection in your koppel firmware, hence you can adjust the time where a
lost connection is recognized.
Open vi /tmp/ppp/gprs/gprs (or open gprs with any editor) and change in
the line lcp-echo-failure 5 the value '5' to '2'.
Then add to your '/tmp/local/.files' the full path of gprs
file '/tmp/ppp/gprs/gprs'.
To store your changed file, do a
'flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot'

ahhh... don't forget to remove the extensions of the files and rights!
A chmod 777 /tmp/local/sbin/watch_wan should do the trick.
Call your watch_wan just with: (post-boot or console)
'/tmp/local/sbin/watch_wan &' in order to run in background

Hope it helps...

againmoon
07-04-2008, 20:10
Dear all, thank you very much for your work.
I am starting using WL-500GPV2 with my modem in Italy with a contract.
I have a limit of 5Giga of traffic per month. Is it possible to control the traffic from the router?
Is it also possible to check if the connection is with my mobile operator and not with other operators in roaming?
thanks very much

newbiefan
07-04-2008, 21:16
Well, this is hard to answer.....
but let me tell you the following:
with a bit scripting, it should be possible to control amount of traffic.
But what do you want to do when limit is reached? Switch off everything?

Further, a control of roaming or change to an other provider should be possible. For instance - check out the DNS-server addresses of your provider, when dns-addresses are changed, your are in a roaming area. Then you can switch off any connection or allow a connection at a certain time aso. - but everything with scripting.

Best would be to learn a bit linux and scripting.....

Hope it helps

againmoon
08-04-2008, 13:12
Dear newbies,
I think I will try to learn some linux.
On this forum http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=90959,
I found the following solutions for ubuntu, concerning traffic control in linux

Add to Panel > Network Monitor and System Monitor
Run netmeter in wine under Ubuntu.
iptables work fine
vnstat seems
darkstat,bandwidthd

do you think those solutions can work for WL500GPV2?
thanks

newbiefan
08-04-2008, 19:37
No, it will not work that way.....the systems are totally different.
An Asus router is an embedded linux device. Of course you can install a lot of different linux software like webserver, fileserver, ftpserver, printserver, torrent, videoserver and so on, but everything must be compiled (crosscompiled) for a so called mipsel-cpu. But there is an unbelieveable amount of precompiled packages - just have a look at this list:
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages

or a complete list: http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/

Isn't it amazing?

againmoon
09-04-2008, 08:09
I really would like to thank you for your support. I will have a look to those package. I think it will take a while...

againmoon
19-04-2008, 06:39
Usb interfaces problems WL-500GP v2
When I connect usb modems to my router, it does not recognize nothing, no vendor id , product id.
I tried with modem onda HS600, nothing,
SAMSUNG U700(HSDPA) , nothing
Siemens P990 (UMTS), nothing

WHen I connect hard disc no problem. I connected HDD IOMEGA 120 Giga no powered, ok.
I connected 500 G LANCE HDD, external supply, ok
I also connected an Iphone (it is not a modem) and it was recognized, even without external supply.
I tried with powered usb hub, but nothing changed.

Initially I tested with Koppel wl500GP v2 software (see http://koppel.cz/conferences/viewtop...r=asc&start=30). Afterwards I upgraded directly to oleg firmware 10 for WL500GPv2 and I have the same problem.
Did you ever tested file log with an usb modem in v2?
Is it a problem of firmware 10?
I used killall but nothing...

thanks

newbiefan
20-04-2008, 20:38
I'm sorry, but I do not own a V2, therefore I can not test it....:(

againmoon
21-04-2008, 09:37
I'm sorry, but I do not own a V2, therefore I can not test it....:(

I am very newbie
Maybe the problem is the the same you discuss in http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=13362&highlight=e220
Where you suggest "In any case keep a sleep 30 in your post-boot".
If I correctly understood maybe the modem needs more time to send its information to the system. I will test next days...

againmoon
26-04-2008, 16:28
For any person interested here http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=15468 I posted and howto about hsdpa with kamikaze.
It worked for me. Probably koppel and oleg firmware are better for stability and simplicity, but I think it is interesting the possibility to have a backup solution

darius
05-09-2008, 19:26
Hi,

I really appreciate your efforts but please write your HOWTO
step by step with scripting/ scripts
editing, directories and naming working usb modems/ operators and more.

Can I use USB hub to have usb harddisk, usb bluetooth or usb gps, usb cell modem in one.
Do I ned to use extra power supply source ?

Darius

newbiefan
05-09-2008, 20:41
Can I use USB hub to have usb harddisk, usb bluetooth or usb gps, usb cell modem in one.
Do I ned to use extra power supply source ?

Darius

Why should I know all possible applications and their dependance on each other including their behavior when using any usb device?
As this firmware is for asus devices (from Oleg) you can use many usb-devices and the related howto.
Sorry, I'm not god!

Well, as scripting is always done for a particular solution of a problem, it's very hard to guess your problems. So it means, you have to specify a particular problem and then maybe I or somebody else can help you.

Further, I'm not able to teach you scripting, it would simply take too long.
All what I can do is to try to answer for a posted, particular question.

Therefore I'm awaiting your question or a description of your problem.

have fun....

darius
06-09-2008, 15:32
Why should I know all possible applications and their dependance on each other including their behavior when using any usb device?
As this firmware is for asus devices (from Oleg) you can use many usb-devices and the related howto.
Sorry, I'm not god!

Well, as scripting is always done for a particular solution of a problem, it's very hard to guess your problems. So it means, you have to specify a particular problem and then maybe I or somebody else can help you.

Further, I'm not able to teach you scripting, it would simply take too long.
All what I can do is to try to answer for a posted, particular question.

Therefore I'm awaiting your question or a description of your problem.

have fun....

Thanks.
I don't have any specific problem.
I would love to read HOWTO one way ( see HOWTO by wengi)
telling me step by step instructions
how to set up webcam working ( what cam - link to eBay not to chip code name)
how to set up standard usb bluetooth working (discovery mode)
how to get bt gps unit connected to bt dongle
how to get usb cell modem working
just step by step HOWTO
(look at wengis as an excellent example).

This is one time job, a number of options is limited, number of hardware is limited, so for a knowing man it takes one day to have all such hardware
connected and working.
Otherwise, the same work, job is done by hundreds and hundreds do the same job in hundreds days in total.

Just write one HOWTO for your modem.
Step by step to let me follow
and buy such modem on my own and have it working onwe day.
Linux is not Vista's selfconfiguration PnP .

thanks
Darius

newbiefan
06-09-2008, 15:43
Sorry, I don't write anything, just when I want.
Further, after 146 posts you should know a bit, how it works with that FW (Olegs/Koppel).
Almost everything is already done - hence you have to use all the other howto. This Howto is a guideline to install this FW from Koppel, nothing else. You can use wengis howto or any other, they all will work fine with this fw as it is Olegs with some addons.
So what do you expect?
All what you have to do is to search and read, thats all!
And if something is not clear, just ask.

darius
08-09-2008, 17:32
Sorry, I don't write anything, just when I want.
Further, after 146 posts you should know a bit, how it works with that FW (Olegs/Koppel).
Almost everything is already done - hence you have to use all the other howto. This Howto is a guideline to install this FW from Koppel, nothing else. You can use wengis howto or any other, they all will work fine with this fw as it is Olegs with some addons.
So what do you expect?
All what you have to do is to search and read, thats all!
And if something is not clear, just ask.

Thanks.
It works how it works
hard job.

Once again.
I don't have problem, don't expect anything.
Just asked what is a chance to have such HOWTO one day.
Olegs + usb cell modem/ bluetooth dongle / or gps/ or ..
Linux is very very comlicated with hundreds, thousands of options to set for any new piece of hardware.
You are fully aware that selfconfiguration doesn't work with Olegs , so
only a knowing man can say how to make it working.

For the same reason I am looking for wireless tools to be ported by someone's else ( wifi discovery mode and the like).
If you are aware how to start , just tell me one day ;)

Darius

darius
21-10-2008, 20:11
Tried hard for a month
and a small success with Motorola V3 as GPRS usb modem.

Darius

newbiefan
26-10-2008, 17:20
Tried hard for a month
and a small success with Motorola V3 as GPRS usb modem.

Darius

Funny, what means small success?
Why you'll not try just a supported modem?

nfk
13-11-2008, 17:23
First of all, thank you very much for this how-to, it worked with my E220 Huawei modem and Asus WL-500gP v2 (I'm in Portugal and my ISP is Kanguru).

The only problem I had was when I tried to upgrade the firmware I got an "Invalid firmware" message (original firmware was version 2.0.15, or similar). I upgraded to the latest Asus firmware (3.0.xx) and then it allowed me to do the upgrade with the firmware from koppel.cz.

Just a heads up for anyone having the same problem.

m.klinge
16-11-2008, 17:57
Well i can now confirm that this guide works extremly well with a wl-500gP and a huawei E180 3g modem :)

So thx alot for this :)

//M

m.klinge
19-11-2008, 22:58
So every few hours i seem to loose connection due to lost usb connection - ive seen the other post about the router being able to reconnect, but it dosnt seem to do it by itself :(

And tbh i dont really understand anything about making the router reconnect by using a script - are there anybody who could guide med a little more on that so that if the connection are lost it would automatically reconnect (My girlfriend are often home alone and she wont know what to do if the connection are lost ^^)

//M

Malks
20-11-2008, 06:05
Hi,

I am using an E160 and finding that it is trying to reconnect but is failing because even though the router might die, the actual modem keeps its connection going. So have a look at /tmp/chat.log and see if ppp is actually trying to reconnect and failing as opposed to not connecting at all.

Anthony.

m.klinge
20-11-2008, 15:49
Hi,

I am using an E160 and finding that it is trying to reconnect but is failing because even though the router might die, the actual modem keeps its connection going. So have a look at /tmp/chat.log and see if ppp is actually trying to reconnect and failing as opposed to not connecting at all.

Anthony.

Oh oki - ill do that when i get back home - but i think it might be the case as the modem light keeps being lit as if the connection hasnt been terminated...

Do you by any change have a solution that works if that is the case for me aswell?

//M

Malks
21-11-2008, 03:42
The only way I can get it all to reconnect at the moment is to pull the E160 out of the USB slot and replug it... everything picks up automatically then. I asked on the koppel.cz forum about it and the reply was to write my own USB serial driver :( Do you know of any other command to disconnect the modem? An AT command or anything like that? Disabling the usb serial support?

Anthony.

m.klinge
21-11-2008, 08:34
The only way I can get it all to reconnect at the moment is to pull the E160 out of the USB slot and replug it... everything picks up automatically then. I asked on the koppel.cz forum about it and the reply was to write my own USB serial driver :( Do you know of any other command to disconnect the modem? An AT command or anything like that? Disabling the usb serial support?

Anthony.

Nop im totally new to scripting - however i would assume that there would be a command that kills the power to the usb plug(s)... So if thats true it should be able (With the right amount of scripting skills) to call a "kill usb power and repowers it" if the connection is lost for more than five seconds - however i lack the linux and scripting skill sto do so :(

//M

Malks
23-11-2008, 01:38
Nop im totally new to scripting - however i would assume that there would be a command that kills the power to the usb plug(s)... So if thats true it should be able (With the right amount of scripting skills) to call a "kill usb power and repowers it" if the connection is lost for more than five seconds - however i lack the linux and scripting skill sto do so :(

//M

Hmm. I don't think the script would be too hard but I don't know what the commands are that kill power to USB or I'd try it from the command line. Any ideas?

newbiefan
23-11-2008, 09:14
Well, let's solve it......
What exactly is the modem doing after
-startup
-when online
-which koppel FW
-is there any other device connected to usb?
-after connection is lost: wait at least 5 minutes - do you get the connection again?
-when connection is lost: can you post the output of 'top'
-is any other sw installed?

how do you recognize, that "connection is lost"?
When connection is lost, can you post the result of a 'cat /etc/resolv.conf'?

m.klinge
23-11-2008, 15:01
Well, let's solve it......
-startup
-when online
-which koppel FW
-after connection is lost: wait at least 5 minutes - do you get the connection again?

how do you recognize, that "connection is lost"?
When connection is lost, can you post the result of a 'cat /etc/resolv.conf'?

I will be very happy if you have the time to help me out :)

However im quite short on time for the next few days - but here what i know right now:

-startup - Light blinks a few times and then catches umts net and are up and running within a minut, both if the router and all has been turned off or if i just plug it in. Everything works.
-when online Light say on (Blue if umts and green if edge)
-which koppel FW The one from your first post, i havnt used your Huawei file (Didnt think i need it)
-is there any other device connected to usb? Nop.
-after connection is lost: wait at least 5 minutes - do you get the connection again? Not a change ive had my computer turned on to download a few files all night however when it looses connection it dont reconnect. The light of the 3g modem stays on as if everything is ok, however im unable to connect to the internet. A reboot of the computer dosnt help, but unplug/plug the modem and everything works like a charm again.
-when connection is lost: can you post the output of 'top' Hmm what do you mean by that?
-is any other sw installed? Nop only flashed the one linked in your first post :)

Hopefully this helps - i will try to keep my connection up untill if disconnect again to see if i can get a log file or something for you :)

//M

newbiefan
23-11-2008, 15:54
-when connection is lost: can you post the output of 'top' Hmm what do you mean by that?

Telnet to your router and do a 'ps -axf >> /tmp/mnt/output_of_ps.txt'
Or you can do a prtsc (printscreen) on your computer, then use just
'ps -axf' on your router-console.
maybe that the command 'top' is available, if so - do a printscreen and copy your screen to any editor.
On windows xp: start, run, cmd
then telnet ipofyourasus
then user: admin, enter
passwd.: admin
then you are on the console of your router - all linux commands should work.
If interested you can install something according wengis howto......

m.klinge
23-11-2008, 20:08
Telnet to your router and do a 'ps -axf >> /tmp/mnt/output_of_ps.txt'
Or you can do a prtsc (printscreen) on your computer, then use just
'ps -axf' on your router-console.
maybe that the command 'top' is available, if so - do a printscreen and copy your screen to any editor.
On windows xp: start, run, cmd
then telnet ipofyourasus
then user: admin, enter
passwd.: admin
then you are on the console of your router - all linux commands should work.
If interested you can install something according wengis howto......

Ok ill try that out next time it happens - but as i said earlier i dont know sh*t about linux :)

//M

newbiefan
23-11-2008, 20:23
no prob at all - we can do it step by step -just let me know.
I'll guide you and you'll see, linux is nothing special.
And after a couple days, you'll become a regular linux user.
It's just the starting.........

Malks
24-11-2008, 23:10
Hi,

Thought I might also jump on this response too :) The first time I notice there is a problem is from what ever PC I'm using. Skype seems to be the most affected by any network outages. I'm pretty sure what is happening is the router is rebooting but there mustn't be an actual power drop on the USB as the modem stays connected. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to unplug/replug the modem or to do a cold startup (i.e. full power down) of router. A normal reboot does not work.

-startup

It does the flashing green thing (three quick flashes, searching for n/w I think), then goes to a slower blue flash and a blue solid light.

-when online

When the link is required it goes from a solid blue to a solid aqua.

-which koppel FW

I'm currenlty using 1.9.2.7-10-USB-1.69a but have had similar issues with 1.70a and 1.71.

No it is the only USB device

I can see pppd stopping and starting again with a new PID and trying to connect. But I get "Connect script failed" in /tmp/chat.log. If the modem was actually doing something at the time I get it's output as well. For example if I am doing a email send/receive as it dies I can see my actual emails in /tmp/chat.log

Contents of chat.log

[admin@WL-001FC660CF29 root]$ more /tmp/chat.log
~!E^@^@(M-FA^@^@+^FZ^CBM-#M-5M-<sM-^B^CM-*^SM-:^L]M-!M-G}^M-^v#M-AM-^[P^PM-^@RGz
^@^@M-^Sa~Failed
Connect script failed

/tmp/resolv.conf is empty.

See below, I've included a comparison with top when the connection is up.

Nothing except for base firmware.

Top from when disconnected.

Mem: 14760K used, 15564K free, 0K shrd, 1748K buff, 6452K cached
Load average: 0.53, 0.52, 0.45 (State: S=sleeping R=running, W=waiting)

PID USER STATUS RSS PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
1090 admin R 432 1076 2.8 1.4 top
1 admin S 612 0 0.0 2.0 init
715 admin S 576 107 0.0 1.8 pppd
1076 admin S 560 63 0.0 1.8 sh
78 admin S 552 1 0.0 1.8 nas
107 admin S 508 1 0.0 1.6 dial
80 admin S 496 1 0.0 1.6 upnp
76 nobody S 488 1 0.0 1.6 dnsmasq
110 admin S 480 1 0.0 1.5 watchdog
68 admin S 408 1 0.0 1.3 httpd
73 admin S 400 1 0.0 1.3 syslogd
72 admin S 360 1 0.0 1.1 klogd
111 admin S 348 110 0.0 1.1 ntp
99 admin S 348 1 0.0 1.1 rcamdmain
97 admin S 340 1 0.0 1.1 waveservermain
63 admin S 332 1 0.0 1.0 telnetd
109 admin S 312 1 0.0 1.0 infosvr
92 admin S 276 1 0.0 0.9 lpd
94 admin S 260 1 0.0 0.8 p910nd
3 admin SWN 0 1 0.0 0.0 ksoftirqd_CPU0
81 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 khubd
7 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 mtdblockd
2 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 keventd
5 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 bdflush
6 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 kupdated
105 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 usb-storage-1
106 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 scsi_eh_1
103 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 usb-storage-0
104 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 scsi_eh_0
4 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 kswapd

Top from when connected successfully.

Mem: 15572K used, 14752K free, 0K shrd, 1824K buff, 6652K cached
Load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.02 (State: S=sleeping R=running, W=waiting)

PID USER STATUS RSS PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
201 admin R 432 196 4.7 1.4 top
161 admin S 656 107 0.0 2.1 pppd
1 admin S 612 0 0.0 2.0 init
183 admin S 560 63 0.0 1.8 sh
196 admin S 560 63 0.0 1.8 sh
78 admin S 552 1 0.0 1.8 nas
107 admin S 508 1 0.0 1.6 dial
193 admin S 496 1 0.0 1.6 upnp
74 nobody S 492 1 0.0 1.6 dnsmasq
110 admin S 480 1 0.0 1.5 watchdog
68 admin S 432 1 0.0 1.4 httpd
75 admin S 400 1 0.0 1.3 syslogd
73 admin S 360 1 0.0 1.1 klogd
63 admin S 348 1 0.0 1.1 telnetd
111 admin S 348 110 0.0 1.1 ntp
99 admin S 348 1 0.0 1.1 rcamdmain
97 admin S 340 1 0.0 1.1 waveservermain
195 admin S 332 183 0.0 1.0 tail
109 admin S 312 1 0.0 1.0 infosvr
92 admin S 276 1 0.0 0.9 lpd
94 admin S 260 1 0.0 0.8 p910nd
81 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 khubd
3 admin SWN 0 1 0.0 0.0 ksoftirqd_CPU0
7 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 mtdblockd
2 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 keventd
106 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 scsi_eh_1
6 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 kupdated
104 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 scsi_eh_0
105 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 usb-storage-1
4 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 kswapd
5 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 bdflush
103 admin SW 0 1 0.0 0.0 usb-storage-0

newbiefan
25-11-2008, 20:45
@Malks

Well, when your /etc/resolv.conf is emty it means, there is no connection.
Hence we are able to detect a lost connection. First of all, we should find a way to reconnect without rebooting.
Can you try the following when connection is lost:

'killall pppd'

It can take some seconds to reconnect....

If it doesn't work, try:
'reboot'

further, when you have a working connection do a:
'cat /etc/resolv.conf'
and write down ip of nameservers. Then enter webif, ipsetting, wan&lan and enter under item wan dns servers your nameservers - apply & finish.

keep me posted....

Malks
25-11-2008, 22:53
Hi Newbiefan,

And that's the core of the problem. The pppd actually determines there is no connection and detects that correctly. The problem is it tries to send it's AT commands to the modem as part of its connect script and instead of getting a response like 'OK' it gets the actual stream of data and so the connection fails. Doing a 'killall pppd' doesn't help as the modem stays connected. Even doing a reboot doesn't help as the USB port doesn't seem to get powered down as the modem stays connected after a reboot. A cold shutdown/restart does work though.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Anthony.

newbiefan
26-11-2008, 20:20
Funny, when I kill 'dial' , I get the pretty same behavior.

So I would suggest to try:
killall dial
killall pppd
reboot

max2950
04-01-2009, 07:11
Hi Guys,

Maybe i'am stupid, but i can not find the firmware for the WL500g:confused:

http://koppel.cz/cdmawifi/download/169

Malks
05-01-2009, 21:24
I think the website was having problems, as I tried your link and it didn't work, but it works now, so just try again.

Anthony.

darius
05-01-2009, 23:01
Hi,

worked really hard, asked many questions
installed Koppel
and finally connected Huawei E169 modem (works great),
need to test internal microSD memory though,
connected bluetooth dongle, connected Bluetooth gps device
and viola
it works fine ;)

max2950
06-01-2009, 10:45
I think the website was having problems, as I tried your link and it didn't work, but it works now, so just try again.

Anthony.

The link was working, i'm just confused on which FW i should use for my plain old WL500G (no deluxe, no premium....)

max2950
04-08-2009, 08:56
Hi all,

I had no problems running koppel fw with an E169 modem, recently i changed my modem for an E220 and i am facing the same problem as malks.

Soft rebooting does not restore the connection, the only thing that helps is switching power off/on.
I tried the watch_wan script from newbiefan, but did not help...
Now i am trying to modify the script to send AT reset command to the modem before restarting PPPD. But it seems that using

echo "ATZ" >> /dev/usb/tts/0 is not the good way to do this. Any hints ?

Edit :
Using
serialcomm /dev/usb/tts/1 <ATCOMMAND> i can send commands and read response from the modem. What is weird is that the log reports that ppd is using /dev/usb/tts/0 and i only get errors when trying to communicate with this device...

Edit 2 :
Here is my modified watch-wan script

#!/bin/sh
#Script watch_wan, controls inet connection, when lost - a new dial in is performed
#Improved script by newbiefan
#Original script from member Anttu @ asusforum (wl500g.info)
#published under GPLx (at your coice)
#a good place to store this script is /tmp/local/sbin/watch_wan
#this script read the content of file address stored anywhere
#Content of file address is google.de yahoo.com aldi.de krone.at
#File address should have at least one address
#Version 0.2-04/2008

maxad=0 #set maxaddresscounter to 0
# read file addresses into a var called addresses and use them one by one
#please change the dirs and filename as well as content to your needs
addresses=google.de yahoo.com aldi.de krone.at #adjust path if needed
#access each address to count how many they are
for address in ; do
let maxad=+1 #how many addresses in list
# echo
done
#
#choose any writeable directory and any name for your loglocation
#loglocation=/tmp/harddisk/wan-watchdog#this is your logfile
loglocation=/dev/null #if you don't want a logfile, send any message to linux-nirwana
#

i=1 #start with first address
sleep 300
while [ true ]; do #endless loop

for address in ; do
sleep 60#wait 60 seconds until next ping, change it as you want
ping_resp=#ping address 1,2,3,4,5 aso
#uncomment the next three lines if you need to control function of script
# echo -n .Web address: >>
# echo >>
# echo
if [ = ]; then #if ping is not successful then
echo -n Connection lost at >>
date >>
if [ -n 325 ]; then
echo Stopping pppd >>
echo ------------- >>
killall pppd
else #if pppd is not running, reboot
echo Rebooting, pppd is not running! >>
echo ------------------------------ >>
reboot
fi
sleep 60#just wait a bit longer to establish a connection again
fi
let i=+1
if [ -gt ]; then i=1; fi #end is reached, start again with counter
done
done

I increased the initial delay to 300 seconds, as it seems that 60 secs was too short. Let's see if this helps.......

samid
26-04-2010, 00:18
Site http://koppel.cz/cdmawifi/download/169 does not work please attach firmware WL500gp-1.9.2.7-1910-USB-1.69.trx in this topic. Thanks.

Copter
26-04-2010, 11:59
http://koppel.cz/cdmawifi/download/169 is old.

http://koppel.cz/cdmawifi/download/171/ is latest stable and the link works again.

nanopete
11-07-2010, 11:34
Hi I have a E122 modem from Huawei and think I heard it was very similar to the E220 but I have not had luck connecting it with instructions for E220.
Does anyone know if it is possible?

Thank you for any response

wittrup
20-07-2010, 00:49
Oh darn, I lost my admin password using the 1.9.2.7-9-USB-1.71 firmware. Resetting the router with the reset button does not make the password admin/admin. What to do?

cichy
21-07-2010, 15:44
Oh darn, I lost my admin password using the 1.9.2.7-9-USB-1.71 firmware. Resetting the router with the reset button does not make the password admin/admin. What to do?

Try 3x30 method. 1 press and hold reset button for at least 30 sec, 2 unplug the device for at least 30 sec (still holding reset button), 3 plug in the power cord still holding reset button and still at least 30 sec. After this your password should resety to default. Remember you do this still holding down the reset button.

Iceman71
26-12-2010, 08:55
Hi,

Anyone using a Huawei E1750 modem and Koppel image? I've tried to follow the info on Koppel forum, but it just won't work. There's not much help to get on their English forum. :( How can I for instance see that ZeroCd works as expected (where are the logs)?

Regards
Iceman71

dyonisos
24-10-2011, 22:01
Hi,

is it possible to use a E220 attached wl500gp as a remote server?
I want to login, transfer files etc from remote location.
It's probaly up to the provider and public IP address handling?
I'm happily awaiting your expert answers. Thanks.

newbiefan
24-10-2011, 22:53
Hi,

is it possible to use a E220 attached wl500gp as a remote server?
I want to login, transfer files etc from remote location.
It's probaly up to the provider and public IP address handling?
I'm happily awaiting your expert answers. Thanks.

Yes, it is possible, but it depends to your provider.
When you get an IP from your provider according RFC 1918 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network
or better http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1918 it is not possible to get any remote access.
As long as you get a regular IP-address (and not a private one) you can use for instance a dyndns account and remote access.
A very easy way to transfer files is WinSCP.

Have fun

dyonisos
25-10-2011, 10:57
Thanks Newbiefan,

I was able to ping me over the internet.

Can you you please give me a hint whether to use the Oleg implemented dynDNS feature or an available .ipk package?
I am using wl500gp 1.9.2.7-10 Firmware operating as Access Point (dynDNS possible?). I will load WL500gp-1.9.2.7-10-USB-1.71.trx SW for the E220 stick Right?

Thanks again for your support!

newbiefan
25-10-2011, 20:48
Thanks Newbiefan,

I was able to ping me over the internet.

Can you you please give me a hint whether to use the Oleg implemented dynDNS feature or an available .ipk package?
I am using wl500gp 1.9.2.7-10 Firmware operating as Access Point (dynDNS possible?). I will load WL500gp-1.9.2.7-10-USB-1.71.trx SW for the E220 stick Right?

Thanks again for your support!
You are welcome anytime!

1.) When you are able to ping your ip over the internet: please ensure that you ping really your router and not the gateway of your mobile provider. In case you are not sure, just let me know.
2.) DynDNS: When you use your router as Gateway, you can use build in DynDNS. When using your Asus as Access-point, I would suggest to use DynDNS of your Modem/Router and forward the needed ports to your Asus. This avoids extra installations of optware-ipkg.
3.) Firmware: Of course you can use Koppel USB-1.71 FW and I can confirm that it works stable. But the FW is now a bit outdated, the newest (and merged) FW is here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
Here you can choose between "d" branch with kernel 2.4.37 and "rtn" branch with 2.6.22 Kernel. Hence, I suggest to use the newest FW with 2.6 Kernel. The modem part is well implemented and easy to configure. Further, you can use the same optware (ipkg) repository from here:http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/
4.) And I suggest to install according Wengis howto (http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307)

If something is unclear, just ask.
Have fun
Newbiefan

dyonisos
26-10-2011, 01:01
You are welcome anytime!

1.) When you are able to ping your ip over the internet: please ensure that you ping really your router and not the gateway of your mobile provider. In case you are not sure, just let me know.
2.) DynDNS: When you use your router as Gateway, you can use build in DynDNS. When using your Asus as Access-point, I would suggest to use DynDNS of your Modem/Router and forward the needed ports to your Asus. This avoids extra installations of optware-ipkg.
3.) Firmware: Of course you can use Koppel USB-1.71 FW and I can confirm that it works stable. But the FW is now a bit outdated, the newest (and merged) FW is here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
Here you can choose between "d" branch with kernel 2.4.37 and "rtn" branch with 2.6.22 Kernel. Hence, I suggest to use the newest FW with 2.6 Kernel. The modem part is well implemented and easy to configure. Further, you can use the same optware (ipkg) repository from here:http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/oleg/cross/stable/
4.) And I suggest to install according Wengis howto (http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307)

If something is unclear, just ask.
Have fun
Newbiefan

1) Ping of IP is ok, because once E220 modem diconnected I get ping timeout.

2) Asus used as AccessPoint with E220 I guess I need inadyn package for dynDNS to work?

3) If I understand correctly I may easily upgrade (currently 2.4 kernel) via Web-Interface my Asus wl500gp to the latest Oleg kernel2.6 FW supporting guided E220 implementation ( APN etc. input via Web-Interface?). Right?

Thanks so much.

newbiefan
26-10-2011, 08:58
1) Ping of IP is ok, because once E220 modem diconnected I get ping timeout.

2) Asus used as AccessPoint with E220 I guess I need inadyn package for dynDNS to work?

3) If I understand correctly I may easily upgrade (currently 2.4 kernel) via Web-Interface my Asus wl500gp to the latest Oleg kernel2.6 FW supporting guided E220 implementation ( APN etc. input via Web-Interface?). Right?

Thanks so much.

1.) Should be OK
2.) Nothing needs to be installed when Asus+E220 is used. Just use the built in DynDNS - enter your account datas into web-interface, done.
3.) Right. Use your webinterface to upgrade FW, press button apply & finish and wait several minutes.

dyonisos
26-10-2011, 13:21
1.) Should be OK
2.) Nothing needs to be installed when Asus+E220 is used. Just use the built in DynDNS - enter your account datas into web-interface, done.
3.) Right. Use your webinterface to upgrade FW, press button apply & finish and wait several minutes.
Dear Newbiefan,

my original idea is to have DSL WAN and mobile WAN (E220) as backup with wl500gp especially for remote service.

* New FW kernel2.6 is applied, modem E220 data entered.
* have wl500gp working as Access point - no DDNS asus menue available! only in router/gateway mode possible? shall I use inadyn.ipk package?
* how do I connect the E220 to the internet? I tried the Connect button in the asus menue, but no change. Is there an easy way to view/check the assigned mobile IP address?

Please see my settings for USB Network Devices - 3G Modem E220

Is there anything missing or wrong?

Set as WAN Connection Type by default - not checked
Zero CD Configuration - Auto
Rem.: file /usr/local/etc/usb_modeswitch.conf does not exist
Modem type: - ...HSDPA
Username: - ppp@A1plus.at
Password: - ppp
APN: - A1.net
Dial Number (usually *99***1# or *99#): - *99#
Call on Demand No
Idle time before disconnect (sec): 60
MTU 1492
MRU 1492
Autodetect device No
View connected modems
USB device location ID:
Data port:
User interface port:
USB device Vendor ID (0xabcd):
USB device Product ID (0xef01):
USB device serial speed (usually 921600): 921600
Device initial script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","A1.net"
Additional AT commands:
Additional pppd options:
Failure event script name:
Max number of reconnections (0 for unlimit): 0

Many thanks again for your support!

newbiefan
26-10-2011, 15:13
Dear Newbiefan,

Many thanks again for your support!

LOL, well - due to the fact that you are an austrian guy - I'll suggest to support you here: http://www.wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=12583
I bet, it's much easier for us - LOL
My Provider is BOB (for mobile) and I use E200+WL500gP.

jmkas
05-02-2012, 11:46
can I use huawei E-173 modem on asus wl500w?:) If yes, then tell my how?:) Sorry for my bad english

newbiefan
18-02-2012, 06:29
Use the newest firmware from here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
Then I suggest to follow a linux-guideline for your modem, just ask google.
I'm sorry, I do not own a Huawei E173 Modem, therefore I'm not able to guide you....

idsdown
29-12-2013, 00:20
hi

i reloaded the firmware 1.9.2.7-10-USB-1.71 on my old Asus WL-500gx, found that my unlocked vodafone USB K3715 which is the OEM of Huawei E180.
Try to choose E220, E630, E169, all of them get out of luck and with this error.

In file /tmp/ppp/peers/gprs: unrecognized option '/dev/usb/tts/0'

is there anyway to fix? thanks

the usb device log

T: Bus=03 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 4
B: Alloc= 0/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.04
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.4.20 ehci_hcd
S: Product=PCI device 1106:3104
S: SerialNumber=01:02.2
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=256ms
T: Bus=03 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=12d1 ProdID=1001 Rev= 0.00
S: Manufacturer=HUAWEI Technology
S: Product=HUAWEI Mobile
C:* #Ifs= 5 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=500mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I: If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
E: Ad=84(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=85(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
I: If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=05(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=86(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
T: Bus=02 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 0.00
S: Product=USB UHCI Root Hub
S: SerialNumber=120
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=255ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 2
S: SerialNumber=100

newbiefan
29-12-2013, 05:46
I would suggest to use the newest available Firmware:
Use the newest firmware from here: http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/
Then I suggest to follow a linux-guideline for your modem, just ask google.

I'm sorry, I do not own a Huawei E180 Modem, therefore I'm not able to guide you....

But the most important is to disable the password request at startup (with windows) of the modem.

Have fun
newbiefan

idsdown
30-12-2013, 07:44
really want to know when will the firmware support E180/K3715 modem?

rss
30-12-2013, 09:03
really want to know when will the firmware support E180/K3715 modem?

wl500gx has only 4 MB flash. Current firmwares with kernel 2.6 require >5 MB. But your modem should works with old WL500gx-1.9.2.7-d-r2624.trx.

idsdown
30-12-2013, 15:11
wl500gx has only 4 MB flash. Current firmwares with kernel 2.6 require >5 MB. But your modem should works with old WL500gx-1.9.2.7-d-r2624.trx.

yes, loaded WL500gx-1.9.2.7-d-r2624.trx, but don't know how to make it work with my 3G usb K3715/E180

rss
30-12-2013, 17:13
yes, loaded WL500gx-1.9.2.7-d-r2624.trx, but don't know how to make it work with my 3G usb K3715/E180

Select "USB Network Devices/3G/CDMA Modem" and "Set as WAN Connection Type by default".

Send me please result of http://my.router/Main_SysInfo_Content.asp if the modem not works.

idsdown
31-12-2013, 11:24
Select "USB Network Devices/3G/CDMA Modem" and "Set as WAN Connection Type by default".

Send me please result of http://my.router/Main_SysInfo_Content.asp if the modem not works.

as following:

http://holland.pk/1nJP

the sysinfo log as attached.

The sysinfo is too long, post with two replies. Thanks

Sysinfo 1/2

Status Information

Linux version 2.4.37.11 (root@localhost) (gcc version 3.4.6) #18 2011-02-19 19:42:06 MSK
1.9.2.7-d-r2624

Thu Jan 1 08:03:16 UCT 1970
08:03:16 up 3 min, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00

Interfaces

br0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:13:D4:22:1B:28
inet addr:10.11.101.2 Bcast:10.11.101.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:414 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:737 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:30760 (30.0 KiB) TX bytes:791553 (773.0 KiB)

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:13:D4:22:1B:28
RX packets:413 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:39788 (38.8 KiB) TX bytes:794501 (775.8 KiB)
Interrupt:4 Base address:0x1000

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:13:D4:22:1B:28
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:1253
TX packets:0 errors:693 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
Interrupt:12 Base address:0x4000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

vlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:13:D4:22:1B:28
RX packets:413 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
RX bytes:32354 (31.5 KiB) TX bytes:794501 (775.8 KiB)

vlan1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:13:D4:22:1B:28
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

Routing Table

Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
10.11.101.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 br0
127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo

ARP Table

IP address HW type Flags HW address Mask Device
10.11.101.3 0x1 0x2 00:13:72:68:D5:3C * br0

IP Tables

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 DROP all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state INVALID
380 26532 ACCEPT all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
0 0 ACCEPT all -- lo * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW
71 16908 ACCEPT all -- br0 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW
0 0 ACCEPT tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:21 flags:0x17/0x02
0 0 DROP all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
0 0 ACCEPT all -- br0 br0 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
0 0 DROP all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state INVALID
0 0 TCPMSS tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp flags:0x06/0x02 TCPMSS clamp to PMTU
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
0 0 DROP all -- !br0 ppp0 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
0 0 DROP all -- !br0 vlan1 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 ctstate DNAT

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 704 packets, 770K bytes)

Chain BRUTE (0 references)

Chain MACS (0 references)

Chain SECURITY (0 references)
0 0 RETURN tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp flags:0x17/0x02 limit: avg 1/sec burst 5
0 0 RETURN tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp flags:0x17/0x04 limit: avg 1/sec burst 5
0 0 RETURN udp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 limit: avg 5/sec burst 5
0 0 RETURN icmp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 limit: avg 5/sec burst 5

Chain logaccept (0 references)
0 0 LOG all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW LOG flags 7 level 4 prefix `ACCEPT '
0 0 ACCEPT all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

Chain logdrop (0 references)
0 0 LOG all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW LOG flags 7 level 4 prefix `DROP '

IP Tables NAT

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 31 packets, 1984 bytes)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 4 packets, 1324 bytes)
0 0 MASQUERADE all -- * br0 10.11.101.0/24 10.11.101.0/24

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 4 packets, 1324 bytes)

Chain VSERVER (0 references)

Mount points

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,noatime)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

Filesystem info

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 3072 3072 0 100% /
tmpfs 15024 156 14868 1% /tmp

Partitions

USB HDD info

Process List

PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND
1 admin 1484 S /sbin/init
2 admin 0 SW [keventd]
3 admin 0 SWN [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
4 admin 0 SW [kswapd]
5 admin 0 SW [bdflush]
6 admin 0 SW [kupdated]
7 admin 0 SW [mtdblockd]
60 admin 1484 S syslogd -m 0 -O /tmp/syslog.log -S -D -l 7 -b 1
64 admin 1480 S klogd
65 admin 1480 S telnetd
70 admin 1112 S httpd vlan1
72 admin 1080 S nas /tmp/nas.lan.conf /tmp/nas.lan.pid lan
75 admin 1040 S upnp -D -L br0 -W vlan1
78 admin 964 S lld2d br0 eth1
79 nobody 852 S dnsmasq
80 admin 0 SW [khubd]
89 admin 1480 S rcamdmain
95 admin 1480 S watchdog
111 admin 1496 S /bin/sh /usr/ppp/dial
160 admin 1184 S pppd call dialup
205 admin 1480 S sh -c /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh
206 admin 1480 S /bin/sh /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh
208 admin 664 S chat -s -S -V -t 10 -f /tmp/ppp/peers/1.chat
211 admin 1484 S sh -c /tmp/../usr/sbin/sysinfo > /tmp/sysinfo.htm
212 admin 1480 S /bin/sh /tmp/../usr/sbin/sysinfo
228 admin 1480 R ps

Kernel Modules

ftdi_sio 24512 0 (unused)
pl2303 16592 0 (unused)
usbserial 24196 1 [ftdi_sio pl2303]
acm 7572 0 (unused)
videodev 8752 0 (unused)
printer 12500 0 (unused)
ehci-hcd 28740 0 (unused)
usb-uhci 27412 0 (unused)
usbcore 78888 1 [ftdi_sio pl2303 usbserial acm printer ehci-hcd usb-uhci]
ip_nat_ftp 3072 0 (unused)
ip_conntrack_ftp 4472 1
ipt_NETMAP 760 0 (unused)
wl 897336 0 (unused)
et 29280 0 (unused)
igs 14436 0 (unused)
emf 18576 0 [igs]

idsdown
31-12-2013, 11:42
Sysinfo 2/2

USB Devices

B: Alloc= 0/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.4.37.11 ehci_hcd
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=serial
I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=serial
I: If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=serial
I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=serial
I: If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=serial

USB devfs Devices

Device : Location : Info
/dev/usb/tts/0 : 2.0 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/1 : 2.1 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/2 : 2.2 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/3 : 2.3 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/4 : 2.4 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"

PPP chat log

Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 161), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 165), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 169), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 173), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 179), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 183), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 187), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 193), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 197), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 201), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS

CPU Info

system type : Broadcom BCM5365 chip rev 1 pkg 0
processor : 0
cpu model : BCM3302 V0.7
BogoMIPS : 199.47
wait instruction : no
microsecond timers : yes
tlb_entries : 32
extra interrupt vector : no
hardware watchpoint : no
ASEs implemented :
VCED exceptions : not available
VCEI exceptions : not available
unaligned_instructions : 1
dcache hits : 0
dcache misses : 0
icache hits : 0
icache misses : 0
instructions : 0

Memory

total: used: free: shared: buffers: cached:
Mem: 30773248 13557760 17215488 0 1847296 5357568
Swap: 0 0 0
MemTotal: 30052 kB
MemFree: 16812 kB
MemShared: 0 kB
Buffers: 1804 kB
Cached: 5232 kB
SwapCached: 0 kB
Active: 3472 kB
Inactive: 3600 kB
HighTotal: 0 kB
HighFree: 0 kB
LowTotal: 30052 kB
LowFree: 16812 kB
SwapTotal: 0 kB
SwapFree: 0 kB

rss
31-12-2013, 14:57
I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=serial
I: If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=serial

USB devfs Devices

/dev/usb/tts/0 : 2.0 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/1 : 2.1 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/2 : 2.2 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/3 : 2.3 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"
/dev/usb/tts/4 : 2.4 : Manufacturer="HUAWEI Technology" : Product="HUAWEI Mobile"

PPP chat log

Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/chat.sh finished (pid 161), status = 0x3
Connect script failed
Calling UMTS/GPRS
Failed

Your modem detected. And a driver connected. That is assigned an incorrect data port. Please check manually that dataport is 0, user interface port is 2.

Or update the firmware from http://asus.vectormm.net/wl/3028/
D-branch not updated officially for a long time. But some changes for modems were taken from RT-N branch.

idsdown
31-12-2013, 15:50
Your modem detected. And a driver connected. That is assigned an incorrect data port. Please check manually that dataport is 0, user interface port is 2.

Or update the firmware from http://asus.vectormm.net/wl/3028/
D-branch not updated officially for a long time. But some changes for modems were taken from RT-N branch.

It should be work now. as my card expired, it need to replace a new card. but the log shows OK.
I reload the firmware as the link you provided. Thanks you very much.

USB Devices

B: Alloc= 1/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 1, #Iso= 0
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.4.37.11 ehci_hcd
T: Bus=03 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
I: If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)

USB devfs Devices

PPP chat log

Calling WCDMA/UMTS/GPRS
ATZ
OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","hkcsl"
OK
ATD*99#
CONNECTchat: Jan 01 08:00:50 CONNECT
Script /tmp/ppp/peers/wan0_chat.sh finished (pid 180), status = 0x0
Serial connection established.
using channel 1
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/usb/tts/0
sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x0 ]
No auth is possible
sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x0 ]
rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 ]
sent [LCP EchoReq id=0x0 magic=0xa0e41414]
sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
rcvd [LCP DiscReq id=0x2 magic=0x6d091a]
rcvd [LCP EchoRep id=0x0 magic=0x6d091a a0 e4 14 14]
rcvd [LCP ProtRej id=0x3 80 fd 01 01 00 12 12 06 00 00 00 01 1a 04 78 00 18 04 78 00]
Protocol-Reject for 'Compression Control Protocol' (0x80fd) received
rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x1 ]
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x2 ]
rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x2 ]
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x3 ]
rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x3 ]
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x4 ]
rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x4 ]
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x5 ]
rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x5 ]
sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x6 ]
rcvd [IPCP ConfNak id=0x6 ]