PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WebCam Problem:Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000

copycat
22-04-2004, 20:44
Since I tried a couple of webcams on my router which didn't work, I'm looking to buy a new one. I noticed that the logitech quickcam sphere is supported as of PWC 8.12., which has features to control the cam. Being a total linux noob, I'm trying to figure out what I would need:

- the quickcam sphere obviously
- PWC 8.12: is it possible to put it in the firmware?
- for remote control I probably need a new webpage instead of the default cam-page

Can this be done? I have no idea how to build my own firmware, but would it be possible to put the driver and page on my external usb disk?

Antiloop
22-04-2004, 20:46
very short answer: yes/yes

when i'll finish my router directory i'll compile the new pwc, as i need too a new version (logitech quickcam pro 4000)

copycat
22-04-2004, 20:53
Great. I was thinking of the 4000 pro as well, but since the sphere is a bit nicer... The 4000 doesn't work with the current 8.8?

Antiloop
22-04-2004, 21:45
current is 8.6

somebody reported the logitech 4000 as working, don't know how he got it working..

but mine is not recognized by the current 8.6 pwc (according to the pwc it should only work from 8.8)

oCe
24-04-2004, 20:57
My webcam (Philips ToUCam Pro) functions fine with the current official firmware, though, can't select 640x480; which should be possible too. Hopefully a new costumized firmware can do that.

The main problem though, I can view the webcam just fine from within my LAN; as both ActiveX streaming webcam and in 'preview' JPEG-picture mode. But from WAN, only the 'preview' JPEG-picture mode works; can't seem to get the ActiveX script loaded from WAN.

The other weird thing, 'preview' JPEG-picture mode is in black&white, streaming is in color! Any suggestions?

Phillbis
04-10-2004, 02:39
Hi all,
I have a logitech webcam pro 4000 set up on my WL-500g router. I'm trying to view the cam from the internet. I can view the page but I get no picture. I see nothing but a page of what looks like chinese. I can view the cam from the LAN and the picture looks fine. What can I do to resolve this? I have firmware 1.6.5.3 installed.

Thanks!

Antiloop
04-10-2004, 08:33
have a search, and read the manual ;)
the answer is already there

you can't view picture at a datastream port

you have to do this from websetup page

you can upgrade firmware to later version then webcam should(?) work from a apart page too

YS Yu
12-10-2004, 09:09
Dear all,

I have used Logitech Webcam Pro 4000 to directly connect to the WL-500g router (no USB hub is used and fireware is currently 1.8.1.9) for about 3 months; however, I VERY frequently found that there would be no response from WAN / LAN access after restarting the router for a while (about 1-2 hours). Each time when such situation was occurred, I would restart the router remotely or locally and then the webcam could work normally again for a short time. When I re-connected the webcam after a while, either:

1. no any images were shown (only a blank screen was shown and no any network activities were found); or
2. show the images for 1-2 seconds and frozen forever

Then I re-started the router and the webcam could function normally again for a very short period (1-2 hours).

Anybody can give me some hits so that I can check this problem more deeply?

Thanks.

chris.delarue
12-10-2004, 09:30
change your firmware because this one doesn't work at all for webcams. :mad:
Need somebody like Oleg to change it. ;)

Spot
12-10-2004, 09:37
May be you could try fw v9.8.2.1 beta (see new thread).

There you can see:
"nothing official: QOS supported is in webinterface now untested, webcam PWC driver updated to 8.11"

I think it could help you... It's working for me since today@01:55 :D

PS: My webcam is the same as your's...

Antiloop
12-10-2004, 13:30
Dear all,

I have used Logitech Webcam Pro 4000 to directly connect to the WL-500g router (no USB hub is used and fireware is currently 1.8.1.9) for about 3 months; however, I VERY frequently found that there would be no response from WAN / LAN access after restarting the router for a while (about 1-2 hours). Each time when such situation was occurred, I would restart the router remotely or locally and then the webcam could work normally again for a short time. When I re-connected the webcam after a while, either:

1. no any images were shown (only a blank screen was shown and no any network activities were found); or
2. show the images for 1-2 seconds and frozen forever

Then I re-started the router and the webcam could function normally again for a very short period (1-2 hours).

Anybody can give me some hits so that I can check this problem more deeply?

Thanks.

use search first next time, this was a known problem so no need to open a new thread for this, there is currently no currently known solution.

joyceko
13-12-2004, 18:20
Every thing works about this cam besides Security Mode.

1.Send Motion detect mail even there is no motion.
2.Attached several 0K jpg files with the mail.

Did it happen to everyone using this cam?

Thanks your time.

remixme
15-12-2004, 21:20
I have exactly the same problem with the same camera.

I am using software version 1.8.1.7 CR2a

Joyceko, what is your software version?

Antiloop
16-12-2004, 00:31
problem does exists in 9.8.2.4(never released) firmware as well

I have not tested this yet at 1.9.x.x firmwares

joyceko
16-12-2004, 17:15
remixme,

My firmware is 1.8.2.4 BETA

joyceko
16-12-2004, 18:51
upgrade firmware to 1.9.2.7

Things become:

No motion detect any more,anyone encounter this?

Thanks your time.

RossiKwan
04-05-2005, 18:39
firmware 1.9.2.7-4
QuickCam Pro 4000

No Motion detected, no activity mentioned about motion alert in system log. Is there anything i can do?

setting as below screen
http://tinypic.com/4uvsso

cp491977
13-05-2005, 19:50
Hi all,

having the same problem, please have a look at this thread:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=15243

Christian

fweijers
02-08-2005, 21:24
Hi,

I have a Logitech Pro 4000, and the image is very good while viewing from the LAN.
When I lookup the cam's image via Internet, I only get the refreshing image, not the stream using activex.
Another thing is that via refreshing, the image in black&white instead of color.

Anyone any suggestion?

Thanks much!

<edit>
Hi,
solved the problem; I opened both ports (7777 en 7776) on my router to the internet.
I guess that activex needs another port as well, while for refreshing image only one port is enough.
I've got the asus running in AP mode by the way, maybe that helps too.
</edit>

tobago
06-02-2006, 13:03
Hi all,
sorry for my poor english language (french user).
thank you to Oleg and team who work on this open project.

i decide to contact you after many searchs without success on my problem :
My config :
- wl500g with Oleg version 1.9.2.7-7B (try official 1.9.2.5 but not OK)
- 1 webcam Logitech Quickcam pro4000 USB

I cannot understand why I cannot run http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp
but it is OK for http://192.168.1.1/ShowWebCamPic.asp.

When I try this : http://192.168.1.1:7777/Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp : i obtain this :ynkq_RGCB>=86789;=?>>?BCDGDEEHGJMNPPSSPOC;ioimnssz{x€‚„‡‰‹‡Œ‰ UNREADABLE FONTS)

I made many tests :
- webcam problem ? test with logitech apps => OK:)
- browser IE6 for my home PC problem ?=> accept all (active X etc.)=>not OK:(
- test with another PC IE6 and XP => same problem.:(
- port problem ? => desactivate wl500G firewall (during few seconds of course !!) => not OK:(
- oleg firmware (i cannot imagine !) ?=> test with asus firmware=> not OK (pffff!):mad:

I saw some threads (antiloop, oCe, Xelephant, etc) about it but without clear explanation.

if you have an idea=>do not hesitate to post !;)

many thanks

tobago
06-02-2006, 14:46
Hi Tobago => ?!?

OK I found sorry for this stupid post.
Add url http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp in secure site in browser settings and it works well (color etc..)

read manual....read manual....I know.

sorry and thank you to have read my not useful post.

best regards