PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : uclibc-opt missing 'libext2fs.so.2'

mumsoft
15-02-2008, 22:45
Hi,

I'm busy testing my upgraded K.C.Furge 1.0.7.8 firmware. Just for fun I had installed mc (midnight commander). It ran.
I have followed two different upgrade-paths, because after the first try my MC did not run anymore. It says: mc: can't load library 'libext2fs.so.2'
I have found that libext2fs belongs to uclibc-opt, or at least, I find libext2fs in my old saved OPT_DO_NOT_LOAD in /lib
All my tries end with ipkg update and ipkg upgrade.
Now this upgrades uclibc-opt from 0.9.28-12 to 0.9.28-13. This new uclibc appears to miss the libe*. I still can't run mc, and I suspect the new uclibc-opt. :eek:

Can anyone with package uclibc-opt 0.9.28-12 tell me if it actually contains libext2fs.so.2? (ipkg files uclibc-opt | grep libe)

Thanks!
Marc

Serge_K
15-02-2008, 22:50
Hi,

I'm busy testing my upgraded K.C.Furge 1.0.7.8 firmware. Just for fun I had installed mc (midnight commander). It ran.
I have followed two different upgrade-paths, because after the first try my MC did not run anymore. It says: mc: can't load library 'libext2fs.so.2'
I have found that libext2fs belongs to uclibc-opt, or at least, I find libext2fs in my old saved OPT_DO_NOT_LOAD in /lib
All my tries end with ipkg update and ipkg upgrade.
Now this upgrades uclibc-opt from 0.9.28-12 to 0.9.28-13. This new uclibc appears to miss the libe*. I still can't run mc, and I suspect the new uclibc-opt. :eek:

Can anyone with package uclibc-opt 0.9.28-12 tell me if it actually contains libext2fs.so.2? (ipkg files uclibc-opt | grep libe)

Thanks!
Marc
Perhaps this will help you:
http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=13029

mumsoft
16-02-2008, 17:14
Perhaps this will help you:
http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=13029

Thanks, this might resolve this problem, but I'd rather know why these libs are gone in the first place, just after ipkg upgrade. They are there before, and gone afterwards. What is the cause????

with ipkg files e2fslibs i get, both before and after re-installing:
Package e2fslibs (1.40.3-4) is installed on /opt/ and has the following files:

Successfully terminated.

Quite informative...
Meanwhile it has reinstalled several libe* in /opt/lib
I see ipkg install -force-reinstall e2fslibs as a workaround, but for what?

Marc