PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Wireless Connection - Problem

jycai
15-02-2004, 03:41
I got my WL-500G couple weeks ago, everything is working with my two desktop machines through wires.

Today, I got my new emachines AMD 64 notebook M6807 and the wireless connection is not working. It show connection with 54 mb, but I can not ping WL-500G at 192.168.1.1, any one have any idea why? If I connect the emachine with wire, it works fine.

Wirless set up infor:
SSID - default
WEP - Disable
Singal Strength - Excellent

Antiloop
15-02-2004, 22:49
Originally posted by jycai
I got my WL-500G couple weeks ago, everything is working with my two desktop machines through wires.

Today, I got my new emachines AMD 64 notebook M6807 and the wireless connection is not working. It show connection with 54 mb, but I can not ping WL-500G at 192.168.1.1, any one have any idea why? If I connect the emachine with wire, it works fine.

Wirless set up infor:
SSID - default
WEP - Disable
Singal Strength - Excellent

could you provide us with some more detailed info ?

information about the wireless card, etc...

did already follow up the HowTo section ?

jycai
16-02-2004, 05:25
Originally posted by Antiloop
could you provide us with some more detailed info ?

information about the wireless card, etc...

did already follow up the HowTo section ?

Thanks for the help offering, I finally figured it out. I did not configure the wireless network on the notebook side properly and have the firewall on. After I went through the network connection wizard and turn off the firewall, everything is working great. I got about 32 mb connection at about 50 feet thrugh 3 walls.

Wisi
01-03-2004, 22:21
i have the same problem

could logon to network but couldnt send any data.

how did you solve the problem exactly???

jycai
02-03-2004, 02:19
Originally posted by Wisi
i have the same problem

could logon to network but couldnt send any data.

how did you solve the problem exactly???

Make sure you configure your network properly on your notebook side either from your IE tools menu, or Network and Dial-up Connections folder. If you do it right, you should see the wireless network connection icons created.

Wisi
02-03-2004, 07:43
the network already works with another access point steadily without problems, so i think the configuration is right.

i can connect to asus wl-500g correctly but not data is sent, thats my problem...