PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Port Forwarding and Trigger Question on PES4

smallkeung
30-11-2004, 09:14
Recently, I've a game PES 4, it requires UDP:5739 to play online.

Therefore, i go to the port forwarding page and forward the UDP 5739 to my PC IP 192.168.1.50
then, i can sucessfully be a host, and let other player to get in.
but for this setting i can't be a client to connect other host. It always say can't find host.

So, I search on this forum and find the port trigger can do.
therefore, i enable and set up the port trigger on my router

trigger incoming port
UDP - 5739 UDP - 1000:9999

Then i can be a client to connect to other host.

but my point is if i ONLY enable the port trigger, I can't be a host, other players can't connect me. (I still can be a client to connect others.)

I'm not fully understand the port trigger. As I know I only need to enable port trigger all the incoming & outgoing connection can pass through that port. Do I have a wrong setting on my router? or i've a mis-understanding on that?

Thanks for your help

Tamadite
01-12-2004, 21:44
You are almost right on your assumptions but you have to be aware of the fact that port triggering is to open incoming ports only when an application in your LAN uses a given port to go out. So if you generate a packet in your LAN that is to use outgoing port 5739 then ports from 1000 to 9999 will be open for incoming traffic and redirected to your computer. This approach works for hosts on your LAN that want to establish communication with another host in the Internet. To allow host in the Internet to initiate communication with a host in your LAN you have to use port forwarding.

smallkeung
03-12-2004, 02:00
i got it.... Thank you :D