PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL-HDD Samba & Mac OS X CIFS client

Xeryus
26-11-2004, 23:32
Hi,

I am running a WL-HDD unit (firmware 1.1.2.8 from the Asus website) into my LAN. With 2 XP Pro PCs, I dont have any issue connecting to the disk partitions from the network, but I can't from my Apple G4 laptop.

As I understood reading others posts here, the CIFS client running on my G4 is not compliant with the version of Samba (2.0.7?) running into the WL-HDD. Correct?

How do I deal with this situation? I read about upgrading Samba server to 3.0.x but how do I perform this?

Thanks in advance for your support... :)

Regards,

JOCKYW2001
27-11-2004, 02:05
This weekend I will release another custom firm for the WL-HDD. It includes the latest Samba 3.0.9. That should solve your issues.

JockyW

hugo
27-11-2004, 17:19
Will you need a lot of modification to make it compile? If I want to use this version on the custom 1.8.1.7-3 firmware for wl-hdd from Oleg, can I just pull the source tree and cross-compile? Will you release your new firmware based on 1.1.2.8 for wl-hdd or on custom one? I also have speed issues and browsing weirdness on pocket pc client that I would like to solve using a newer samba version, run from the HD if necessary.

JOCKYW2001
27-11-2004, 21:33
Will you need a lot of modification to make it compile? If I want to use this version on the custom 1.8.1.7-3 firmware for wl-hdd from Oleg, can I just pull the source tree and cross-compile? Will you release your new firmware based on 1.1.2.8 for wl-hdd or on custom one? I also have speed issues and browsing weirdness on pocket pc client that I would like to solve using a newer samba version, run from the HD if necessary.

First set the CC environment. Next I configured with:

./configure --host=i686 --target=mipsel-linux --with-included-popt=yes --enable-cups=no --with-sendfile-support=no --with-winbind=no --prefix=/tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/usr/local/samba

Then I made substantial changes in source/include/config.h and a small change in source/lib/iconv.c (to avoid a segfault). Finally I added '-static' in source/Makefile
Run make and find all Samba binaries in source/bin

I'll publish my new custom firm tomorrow around noon CET. You can pull the binaries from it if you want.

JockyW

hugo
27-11-2004, 23:36
Thanks for the guide.

About pulling the binary, There is usually an imcompatibility between binary done for stock hdd firmware and oleg's one. I guess the uclib change are to big to allow a direct run. I hope to be able to run your version anyway, so I'll wait impatiently for tommorow :)

kawatetu
02-12-2004, 21:38
Hi,

I am running a WL-HDD unit (firmware 1.1.2.8 from the Asus website) into my LAN. With 2 XP Pro PCs, I dont have any issue connecting to the disk partitions from the network, but I can't from my Apple G4 laptop.

As I understood reading others posts here, the CIFS client running on my G4 is not compliant with the version of Samba (2.0.7?) running into the WL-HDD. Correct?

Regards,

In my office except 2 PCs, all MACs, G4/400*1, G4/733*1, PBG4*2, IBG4*1, All of them runing OSX 10.3, working fine, but not Including Chinese Character display over Samba, but Ftp fine. (Windows both fine)
Asus has reply to me answer, it will be fix by firmware upgrade, when? who knows!!

OSX 10.3 runing Samba version 3, I think it's work with WL-HDD.
But I do not know it is support unicode or not?

And speed a little bit slow, 1.8MB@10/100 wire lan.