PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Download Master

nszb
14-06-2006, 20:11
Hi all!

I just bought WL-500GP today..
I have 1.9.6.8 firmware installed and USB hard disk with ext3 fs mounted.

My problem is that the Download Master changes my BT downloads state from downloading to queued and back to downloading 4-5x in 10 minutes. Sometimes the downloads are queued for 10-15 minutes, and nothing happens.

What should I do? What is the reason of this issue? Anybody knows?

Thank you in advance!

grongl
21-06-2006, 15:26
Download Master seems to be a very sucky client. I am experiencing the same queued/transferring transitions all the time. What's more, I haven't managed to download anything larger than 1 GB: at a slightly larger downloaded size DM decides that number of peers has dropped to 0 and stops downloading.

Additionally,
1) downloads are not resumed if router is restarted
2) some BT downloads won't initalize: a perfectly valid torrent file doesn't get the 'BT' network label and filesize is set to be '2B'

nszb
21-06-2006, 16:10
Same..
What should we do?? :confused: Download Master feature is the major feature wherefore I bought WL-500GP... :mad:

grongl
21-06-2006, 19:34
I'm thinking of scrapping Asus, buying myself an actually working Linksys and hooking it with one of my old laptops. I could live without all that USB-related stuff but not being able to cover my entire flat which my previous Apple Airport Express wireless router handled easily, well, that really pisses me off.

That or wait through x versions of firmware updates that will or will not fix most of these hickups.

VenoM
23-06-2006, 15:29
I installed OpenWRT on it, I use a 1 GB kingmax SuperStick with 80 MB of swap and ctorrent works like a charm. I don't need some stupid download master, I use SSH to download stuff on the router without a computer running.
I will use Oleg's version when it will be more stable becouse I want the old asus webinterface and SSH/ipkg features.

Blaster
24-06-2006, 11:16
I got my wl-500gP yesterday. I configurated it and it works allmost great.
But when I tried to download something with "Download Master" I got the message "No device was found! Please check your network connection and try again", and I still get this error message. And my network connection is working. What shall I do?

phantasm
25-06-2006, 13:28
Yea, download master have is a little bit shitty :) Often when you change name of the torrent file it helps. Maybe in later version Asus change something for better ;)

phantasm
25-06-2006, 13:50
What is the type of your hard disk?
What partitions you have on it? (ext3, ntfs, fat32)
Connect disk to upper port and chect that is configured good in router.
Enable media server and download master in router configuration.

I have 100GB hard disk from Samsung with one ntfs partition. Only when i made two partition, one 32gb fat32 and rest for ntfs, download master found device. So maybe try with different partition and check what i wrote in the beggining.

kurzwellen
25-06-2006, 21:36
I had the same problem.

The problem was that I had an external casing with two extra usb ports build in.
I disabled the two usb ports but somehow Download Master expected there the harddisk on.

Always got the message No device was found!

I bought a new external casing without the two extra usb ports and build in the harddisk. Surprise Now download master jumped from offline to online and the terrible message No device was found was gone.

Download master WORKS now like a charm.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

My lesson:
Never build in a harddisk in an external harddisk casing with a 6-1 cardreader or two extra usb ports. It gave me BIG trouble with Download master

Blaster
26-06-2006, 12:05
It's a Maxtor 200GB disk in a usb 2.0 external casing. The box has no extra usb ports build in. It has one NTFS partition. I'll try to make one more partition.

phantasm
26-06-2006, 12:33
Try to make at least one fat32 partition, one ntfs partition is hard to find even in xp without service pack :). I've got my disk in case with 2 usb connectors but it works excellent connected with only one. It's a 2.5 100GB Samsung, and the external case is the one of the cheapest ;)

Blaster
26-06-2006, 12:46
Okey, I'll try to make a fat32 partition then, but will I not be able to use the ntfs partition? :\

Blaster
26-06-2006, 22:39
I made a 1GB FAT32 partition and tried Download Master again and got this error message:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/Blaster2k/printscreen/DownloadMasterError.jpg
("kan ikke koble til fordi målmaskinen avlso tilkobling" is norwegian and mean "Can't connect because the target refused connection")

So I tried to change from the lower usb port to the upper.. Same error message.

I have enabled download master from the web configuration page.

Please help me.

peterr
27-06-2006, 11:05
Okey, I'll try to make a fat32 partition then, but will I not be able to use the ntfs partition? :\

i had the same problem at the beginnig .
i changed my 1partition 320 Gb NTFS harddisk into 3 partitions 100Gb FAT32.
now i can use all the partitions without any problem.:)
i thried to change the harddisk in 1 FAT 32 and 1 NTFS partition.
but the problem was that i couldn't use the NTFS partition.:confused:
I saw the partition in the WL500gP but i couldn't read or wriite anything on the NTFS partition.

good luck

Blaster
27-06-2006, 13:02
The wierd thing is that I can access the HDD from my network but I can't get it to work with download master, do you think it will work if I add one more FAT32 partition?

edit:
Is there ANY way I can get Download master work? The BitTorrent support was my main reason for bying this router :P

nszb
27-06-2006, 17:10
phantasm: Change the name of the torrent file to what??

peterr
27-06-2006, 21:18
i had the same problem,i saw the partition and could access the HDD

i called yesterday with Asus germany.
they told me that the harddisk needed at least one FAT32 partition.
and that the first partition always a FAT32 partition must be.
i made a FAT32 and 1 NTFS partition.
but the strange thing was,that i couldn't write anything on the NTFS partition.
even i couldn't make a new folder in the share node list.
so i changed the NTFS partition into 2 FAT32 partitions
(2 partitions because i thought that the sice was to big for 1 partition)
,and it worked fine for me .the only problem is that there is a file sice limit with FAT32.

i hope this is helpfull for you .
sorry for my english(i'm dutch)

Blaster
28-06-2006, 14:50
Your English is not bad at all =) I think my problem is that my first partition is a NTFS and not a FAT32, so I'll fix that. I think I'll make the partition to a EXT2 partition (should work with wl500gP). With EXT2 you don't get the file size limit :D

I will let you know if it works for me ;)

Antiloop
28-06-2006, 15:38
Your English is not bad at all =) I think my problem is that my first partition is a NTFS and not a FAT32, so I'll fix that. I think I'll make the partition to a EXT2 partition (should work with wl500gP). With EXT2 you don't get the file size limit :D

I will let you know if it works for me ;)
it's probably like peterr says..

he tells that Asus told him that the first partition MUST be a Fat32 partition, furtherway you will never be able (although not now) to write to the NTFS partition using one of those routers

this is a current limitation of Linux not of the router

peterr
28-06-2006, 20:51
first,i had also only EXT2.
i can tell you,it doesn't work at all.
I didn't try to make of the second or third partition an EXT2 partition.
maybe i will do it later.
Or is there someone else with an EXT2 partition.

What i mean:
first partition : FAT32
second partition :EXT2

Blaster
29-06-2006, 22:14
okey, now I got one FAT32-partition(the first partition) and one EXT2 partition, and Download Master got status "online", BUT it still don't work one problem is that it seems like I can't chose to save files on the EXT2 partition, so I can't download files over two GB's. The other problem is that the torrents stands a very long time with status "queued".

peterr
30-06-2006, 11:03
I had the same problem.

thats why i've made only FAT32 partitions.

The second problem with the download master is that you can't shutdown the router / harddisk.
you must download the file in one time.
you can't say: i'll do the rest tomorrow.
you file will be gone in the Download master list.

ros
30-06-2006, 12:26
I'm testin oleg's -pre4 and it works really better than original fw.
I just miss torrent download capability and I heard you taking about ctorrent.

Would someone bo so kind and explain me how is it with installing new applications to WL-500?
I noticed that whatever I change, it's lost after reboot, unless I follow that 'flashfs' procedure, and even then not everything is stored.

So can I make my own scripts, cron jobs, install my own daemons ? How do I permanently save the changes?

Are there instructions available for ctorrent installation for WL-500?

Thanks!

phantasm
30-06-2006, 14:59
Change name to something really simple, like "1" or "x". It helped me in my case.

Blaster
30-06-2006, 20:57
Okey "Download Master" really sucks(The BitTorrent downloads are queued for no reason, you can't choose to download just some of the files the torrent contains, etc.). Is there any other BT-clients who can be used with wl-500gP?

timbo.nl
02-07-2006, 12:09
Hello, i have buy this router yesterday and i have an extern hard disk.
The extern hard disk have 3 partitions 100 GB each with fat32.

In windows (xp proff) i see the 3 partitions correctly with network and the share name off the router.

The settings enable download master and enable download share are yes.
and i use the lower port for the connection. When i change lower to upper i cannot reach the share with my network. I guess that lower is correct and i checked it on the router ports. Further I have no user list made.

When i start download master the state is offline en when i click on connect i get the response:

No device found. Check the network connections and try again...

who can help me because the netwerk seems ok for me????

Blaster
02-07-2006, 19:18
Do you use the official firmware? If yes do you have the latest version?

timbo.nl
03-07-2006, 10:58
yes the official and version firmware that i use: 1.9.6.7

timbo.nl
03-07-2006, 21:11
Yes the connect is ready,
i can download, new firmware and everything is ok:)

Repiv
02-08-2006, 23:02
hi

i was purchased a wl500gP few days ago. and i have a few questions...
im using the official 1.9.6.9 fw because i stupid to linux :(
Now its work fine, and i can download with dowload master to a usb harddisk. but:

how can i put a ftp download queue into download master?
how can i download whole direcrories with lot of files inside?
how can i seed bt files with it?

sorry for noob questions...

--------
softwares like flashfxp or utorrent exist for linux and for oleg's modified fw?

(sorry my english is poor):(

AlBundy
17-08-2006, 10:16
I have the same problem but my firmware is 1.9.6.9.

AnyOne
17-08-2006, 11:38
I have the same problem but my firmware is 1.9.6.9.

same problem.

timbo.nl the firmware you're using is the same that you used before it worked?

Blezi
06-09-2006, 22:13
I'm trying to use Download master with a 512MB Corsair flashdrive (with a FAT32 partition on it), but I can't make it work. I always get the 'Device not found' error message, when I try to connect. Firewall is off on my PC, and otherwise everything is working on the router.(firmware:1.9.6.9) Could somebody help me?

Blezi
07-09-2006, 07:30
I forgot to mention, that device discovery finds my wl500gp without problems!

houdeeny
08-09-2006, 21:43
Does your router recognize the inserted flash disk (Status/USB)?

akoylini
09-09-2006, 09:25
Hello,the only reason where i buy the wl 500 gp is for download to hdd with pc off.i read all topic from here but i cant make it.i make 2 partitions fat32 but every time i take this error

EddieZ
09-09-2006, 09:58
And you checked that:

- You attached the HDD to the right USB port (upper/lower)
- you enabled DL Master in router setup

If you configured right you just might have an incompatible HDD attached. Maybe the Oleg firmware can solve this?

akoylini
09-09-2006, 10:35
And you checked that:

- You attached the HDD to the right USB port (upper/lower)
- you enabled DL Master in router setup

If you configured right you just might have an incompatible HDD attached. Maybe the Oleg firmware can solve this?

all above Eddie i ve checked and is ok.
can you tell me how find compatible Hdd attached with work ok with asus router?
and finaly i flash the router with Oleg firmware but i dont now nothing for linux and with firmware Oleg Download Manager is disable

akoylini
09-09-2006, 17:06
can you explain me please how i download via ftp?
i put host,username,password,port but nothing happend

EddieZ
09-09-2006, 19:10
If Linux isn't your thing, then leave these firmwares alone. Linux is great but will always remain a geek thing without GUI. Normal people don't have the time to manually configure their boxes. They spend their time on family activities ;)

You might look around on the forum for compatible HDD's.

Tronix
10-09-2006, 06:55
AFAIK Oleg's firmware is't support Download Master. This thing in ASUS firmware only. Check your firewall (or disable it for a time). Download Master need 1213 port might be opened.

akoylini
10-09-2006, 15:50
xm i make error ,the first partition isnt fat32,now all its ok

:rolleyes:

Blezi
12-09-2006, 09:18
Yes it does. Actually I already broke with my Asus WL-500gP. I crated another thread about that:
WL-500gP and Asus support experience http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=6345

itoxauen
26-09-2006, 23:45
hello
I have the same problem
as I can make so that the router recognizes my external hd?
thank you

quicksound
30-09-2006, 17:28
hi
can u help me.
i can't download http....the storage is connected it's ok,but when i press download it's nothing happening
...thanks

rrvg
11-10-2006, 07:28
Last night, I experienced the same problem.
I downloaded the latest Download master, but no result.
I flashed the latest firmware, 1.9.7.0, but no result.
Finally I decided to change the 'Lower Port' into the 'Upper Port', applied and restarted the router and then the download master worked.

If ASUS had changed the description in the configuration page, fewer people would experience this problem. It now says 'USB-Port for Media Server'.

You can also attach your disk to the other USB-port.

Hope this helps.

calaba
13-10-2006, 19:35
Hi, can anyone explain following settings of ASUS FW WL-500gP ??

Enable Download Master?
Enable Download Share?
Enable Media Server?

Enable Download Master - is clear -> I cant connect with my Download Master appliaction to router if disabled (on 1st try I had to enable also Download Share but now not).

According to docu Enable Download Share should allow access to attached USB from LAN .. now I have disabled it and still can connect (FTP, Windows sharing).

What is Enable Media Server good for???

Someone experienced please explain .. I do not want to share my HDD from internet :) - even now with the FTP security bug ... :D

Thx, r.

lexxdark
15-10-2006, 12:08
I think the sharing part is only on the lan not on the wan (that should make sense)
Media server is (at least I think) for upnp enabled devices since I don't have such a thing I can't tell you for sure...

kvi
24-10-2006, 15:54
Enable download share is like it says, enables sharing of files downloaded with download master. It does NOT share anything to internet, it shares only to lan. If you have configured the router to share those directorys (or whole HDD) somewhere else, it has no effect and can as well be disabled.

Shaggy
26-10-2006, 19:36
When I try to download BT with the DM the trackers keeps reporting my port as closed.

Is there anyway to open the port in the same manner as you would if you used a torrent client on the workstation?

/Shaggy

m-roman
30-10-2006, 12:59
Hi all.

Maybe someone can help me how to change port for BT download (BitTorrent Download Master). I dont know where i can change this port. I have opened only 2 ports and if i want to use BT download i must change default port to the one of these 2 opened.

m-roman
31-10-2006, 15:02
Anyone can help?
I have only 4 ports opened outside and i need to change port for BT connections. Im using 1.9.7.0 Asus firmware.

EddieZ
07-11-2006, 09:18
The Download Master directory has a directory called 'Config' on the share.
Does that mean that a config can be placed there? Does anyone know why it is there...?

Bodo
13-11-2006, 13:14
Hi.

Download master doesn't work for me.
I have wl500gP with firmware 1.9.7.2. When I try download via IE
"Download using ASUS Download" nothing is added into Transfers window in Download Master. May be it is because I don't know where to set PROXY for Wifi router. It has forbidden direct access to internet but there is no way to set proxy server for router. Can be this real source of problem ?

PS: sorry my English :-)

Zsoltie
14-11-2006, 12:48
Download master does not work with Oleg's firmware. It's not even intended to do so. If you would read the changelog you can see it yourself.
Rgds,
Zsoltie

EddieZ
14-11-2006, 14:20
ahum proby, the good man uses Asus firmware...

I discovered that when your USb device is added as a network drive to explorer, Dowload Master does not work. Once removed (and therefore only visible in My Network connections / Explorer) Download master will work. Don't know if it solves your problem...

If your router is not allowed to talk to internet besides port 80 you might want to try/install a proxy program on your PC.

puffi
18-11-2006, 17:18
Hi all!

First of all: I've read all the topic about download manager, but i haven't found the solution (except ctorrent, but i'm dummi for linux).

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Problem is simple:
(I've 1.9.7.2 original firm.)

Download Master works fine (with http, ftp downloads)
But it is not working with torrent! When i put some torrent into the dl-master it always says: Queued.

It is absolutely egal what kind of torrent i try always the same: Queued.
(Azureus works perfect on my PC, so i know the basics of torrent things)

Should i open some port for DL-Master? (like 1213 TCP/UDP Both for 192.168.1.1) <= i've tried this solution. Nothing happend. Queued :mad:

Please help! THANKS A LOT!

puffi

Gerry Boland
18-11-2006, 20:32
To be honest, it always says queued to me. But if I leave it alone for a few hours and come back, it's partly downloaded and still queued!
-G

puffi
18-11-2006, 21:05
I left it for 36 hours and still queued :( :(

mumie
25-11-2006, 19:40
Hi, yes I have the same opinion, but my experiments give me an answer.
If you want to say "tommorow", you can use Pause download.
If you want restart your asus, you can do it.
After restarting router, you see nothing in DM, but if you doubleclick on "wanted" .torrent file again, the file appear in DM.
After some time ASUS show you current status of download and continue with it.

EddieZ
25-11-2006, 19:49
DM works great when I can start it in Windows.

It somehow seems that when you let the network share be connected on windows startup, DM will not function.

Can anyone explain how DM works? Which resources doe it use, doe it use Netbios? Im trying to figure out what will make it work...

EddieZ
25-11-2006, 19:50
Change name to something really simple, like "1" or "x". It helped me in my case.

When it has more than 256 characters it won't load.

rrvg
26-11-2006, 16:47
I had the same problem.

thats why i've made only FAT32 partitions.

The second problem with the download master is that you can't shutdown the router / harddisk.
you must download the file in one time.
you can't say: i'll do the rest tomorrow.
you file will be gone in the Download master list.

You can continue the download after resetting the router. Just add the .torrent file again and the download will continue.
I really hope ASUS is going to improve their torrent download. It's nothing Compared to Azureus.

Derk
15-12-2006, 17:57
hello,

I have exactly the same problem, I add a torrent and it is directly cueued.
My downloads never finish.

Is there in the mean time a solution?

Derk

WlanMan
16-12-2006, 00:22
Hi

Download Master is just HORRIBLY BROKEN.
Blame Asus and send them some mails...
I dont know if its broken in the download manager or on the router, but asus has to fix this. The way they do this all sucks :).

Greets
Wlanman

angrykoala
22-12-2006, 09:42
Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problems as you guys. I have tried to partition the disk with one EXT2 partition (as described in the manual) and also one FAT32 partition. THIS DOES NOT WORK.

I've noticed that many are having success when using an EXT3 partition. I have not tried this yet. Anyone have any clues as to what I can do?

The bittorrent-support is one of the main reasons I bought this router.. Blast.

Gholimoli
11-01-2007, 20:04
i have WL-500W and my firmware is 1.9.7.6 downloaded from asus.

i have it setup and its working but have problems with download master.
basically when i add a BT download to download master i can see that it creates a folder in my HD in the "incomplete" folder.
but my downloads never move to "complete" folder even when i can see the file has been fully downloaded.
also all my downloads seem to be damaged for example i cant view any of my downloaded films at all and i think they are all currupt.
i have not tried to download FTP or HTTP but im not really concerned with them as most of my download are in BT format.
please tell if there is anything i can do or if i need to install a custom firmware that is able to give me for functionalioty and flexability with BT.
thank you in advance.

Moody Blue
12-02-2007, 23:35
Hi, I am using ASUS 1.9.7.2 with DM 1.1.0.8. Samba is enabled but FTP is not. All seems to be working well, except that when I click "Folder" in DM I get error message "The page cannot be displayed". What am I missing here ?

I am sharing through Samba the share folder only, with r/w capability for any guest.

mumie
27-03-2007, 14:20
Hi, I am using ASUS 1.9.7.2 with DM 1.1.0.8. Samba is enabled but FTP is not. All seems to be working well, except that when I click "Folder" in DM I get error message "The page cannot be displayed". What am I missing here ?

I am sharing through Samba the share folder only, with r/w capability for any guest.

Iv the same problem. I think that IE7 is behind (resp. not correct DM working with).

pawelo
23-04-2007, 21:33
Hi,
Last few days I'm trying to use DM and still no luck:mad: (My firmware version is 1.9.7.6, USB flashdrive 512MB.) I found in logs some (I hope helpfull information) - cannot create swap file because of flash is too small and without swap you cannot use DM. It's really strange. Does anyone experienced the problem? Do I need to get bigger USB flash to use DM?

Thanks, pawelo

The logs:
Jan 1 01:00:24 USB storage: vfat fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk/part0
Jan 1 01:00:24 USB storage: The swap file is not added for partition size is less than 1024MB
Jan 1 01:00:24 FTP server: daemon is started
Jan 1 01:00:26 Samba server: daemon is started
Jan 1 01:00:26 Media Server: daemon is not started for no swap file
Jan 1 01:00:26 Download Master: daemon is not started for no swap file

JyEMBass
06-05-2007, 21:48
Hi ppl! :)

Can anyone put download master working on vista? :)

thank you

mumie
08-05-2007, 00:34
Yes, I am.
Vista bussiness. F-secure IS.
I think, that you have typical problem.
If you want to make a connection, you must have only one network active.
No wifi+lan+BT+VPN...
Only wifi or lan. AND open ports 1213 & 9999.
FW1970

mumie
08-05-2007, 00:39
Enable download share - enables FTP server.
Over FTP you can access your asus from LAN or WAN (but be sure which you share - dropdown).
SAmba you can access only from LAN (mapping discs from WIN).
FW1970
You can block or route packets onport 21 from WAN (firewall).

JyEMBass
08-05-2007, 14:29
Yes, I am.
Vista bussiness. F-secure IS.
I think, that you have typical problem.
If you want to make a connection, you must have only one network active.
No wifi+lan+BT+VPN...
Only wifi or lan. AND open ports 1213 & 9999.
FW1970

I have a wan modem connected to my router. And I connect to it vi wifi.

Still can't work with it...

mumie
09-05-2007, 14:12
My suggestion is for your computer.

JyEMBass
09-05-2007, 16:25
My suggestion is for your computer.

:\

What kind of configuration do u use?

Firmware?

Wan modem?

Connection to pc?

Thank u ;)

sylvain.de.crom
12-05-2007, 18:59
Hi,

I'd like to use my WL500g's native download-master functionality. However, I'm using Linux on my PC. Does anyone know if any of the following exists?

Linux version of Download-master client program
Any other way to enter URL's or Torrents into the download-master cue?

If not, then can someone tell me how hard installing a alternative firmware is going to be...

Thanks in advance

Sylvain

zzzpt
14-05-2007, 00:09
If your using Linux, then there is no objection to you to put the oleg firmware to your router :)

After you got yourself a minilinux pc :P
Just go to the SCTCS thread for the torrent download :rolleyes:

JyEMBass
18-05-2007, 19:24
I can't download with torrent master on torrentleech and other private sites... :(

marco82
18-05-2007, 21:18
I've got new asus router wl-500g Premium.And I have one big problem with it. Download Master can't get won't, it always says : "Device Not Found No device was found! Please check your network connection and try again"

On the other hand this is my System Log :
"
Jan 1 01:00:08 dhcp client: deconfig: lease is lost
Jan 1 01:00:10 dhcp client: bound IP : 87.250.38.122 from 87.250.38.254
May 18 20:31:52 ntp client: time is synchronized to time.nist.gov
May 18 20:31:53 USB storage: vfat fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk/part0
May 18 20:34:27 USB storage: 32760k swap file is added
May 18 20:34:27 FTP server: daemon is started
May 18 20:34:29 Samba server: daemon is started
May 18 20:34:32 Download Master: daemon is started"
Since Download Master is started, and I can access the flash disk via \\192.168.1.1 and ftp://192.168.1.1 I assume that it is no problem with the flash disk. Here is what it says about my USB disk : "
[USB Upper port]
Vendor: KINGMAX Model: USB2.0 Flashdisk
Partition 1: size: 982.0, free: 949.8"
On this disk is folder part0 and in it two folders etc, and share. In share folder there are Download, Music, Photo and Video folder all created by the router. In Download folder there are following folders : .logs, Complete, config, InComplete.

Can someone please help me, by telling me how to fix download master.

Router came with 1.9.7.4 firmware, but I downgrade it to 1.9.7.0 becouse i need bandwidth management from this (1.9.7.0) firmware. Anyway I was getting same message with new (1.9.7.4) firmware.

Thank you so much for your help.

marco82
20-05-2007, 12:04
I have resolved this problem, but I still have lots of others, and considering to go to Oleg's firmware, so I have some questions about it :

1. Can I still keep web interface, ot it's command line only?
2. Is it possible to have bandwidth management on web interface? Something like using official firmware.
3. How can I download torrent files using Oleg's firmware?
4. Is it possible to go back to asus firmware from Oleg's?

TNX!!!

Sierpik
23-05-2007, 21:39
I have resolved this problem, but I still have lots of others, and considering to go to Oleg's firmware, so I have some questions about it :

1. Can I still keep web interface, ot it's command line only?
2. Is it possible to have bandwidth management on web interface? Something like using official firmware.
3. How can I download torrent files using Oleg's firmware?
4. Is it possible to go back to asus firmware from Oleg's?

TNX!!!

1. Yes,
2. Yes,
3. Yes, transmission, ctorrent, etc..
4. Yes,

Web interface in Oleg's firmware is beter than official firmware so don't wory, upgrade it now ! ;)

psylockex
07-06-2007, 12:08
Hi Pawelo

I had similar and here's how I got round it :

- Upgrade to 1.9.8.2 firmware

This seems to stop the complaining about the swap file.

- Upgrade to 3.0.8.0 Utility software

Required to work with 1.9.8.2 firmware.

Then I had the problem of DM not being to find the router although the quick setup software did. After taking a packet trace I found that DM was only taking the the last network card entry in the registry for me that was my VMware virtual interfaces so I set these to disabled, it then took the wireless interface so i disabled that and finally it took the LAN interface at which point it found and connected to the router.

Afterwards it seems ok to turn them back on if required and DM still works,it must keep note of last used interface somewhere.

Also remember to configure the DM in the GUI.

Let me know how you get on.

psylockex

pawelo
04-07-2007, 21:37
Hi,
I finally solved the problem just 1-2 weeks after I experienced it - I'd bought exterlnal 200GB harddrive on USB:) So ASUS software no more reporting 'cannot create swap' and DM finds swap file and works. Since then I also upgraded firmware (as you did) and hopefully still works:D

Thanks,
Pawelo

Riben
26-07-2007, 10:26
I am using 80 gb SATA usb samsung hard drive. But the download master program cannot find the usb hard disk on a remote pc using XP. But the files on the disk can be found on that pc using network neighborhood and also ftp site in the router can be found from that pc. Is that something to do with port forwarding? pls help.

Riben
26-07-2007, 21:06
I have partitioned the disk with 1'st part 25 gb fat32 and the rest 50 gb NTFS, after reading the other posts in this forum.and also connected the usb drive at the lower port. But still the drive can't be found by the DM. I have switched off the firewalls also. Pls someone help.

Thanks.
riben

Riben
27-07-2007, 19:35
when i try to download using DM, the file(http) is partialy downloaded or exactly the amount (size) in the complete folder, when i turned off the pc. Is there a special way to instruct DM todownload after i turn off the pc.

thanks.
riben

renek
28-07-2007, 07:54
in firmware 1.9.7.5 i had the same problems
after some trying it works by me only on a ext2 or ext3
formatted hard disk

this on a wl500gp that had a firmware upgrade from 1.9.7.0 to 1.9.7.5

on a second wl500gp with firmware 1.9.7.4 out of the box
i did an upgrade to 1.9.7.5 it was only working after load settings
from the 1.9.7.0 machine

ext2 and ext3 made by partition magic 8 in my case

groetjes rene

Riben
28-07-2007, 11:07
Okay i have solved my problem myself.I have decided to write the procedure in a simple way for those who are novices like me.
First you have to format the usb hard disk with two partition with the first part being less than 30gb and of fat32. The rest can be of NTFS format.Then plug the drive in the upper usb port of the router and be sure there is an external power supply for the hard drive.According to asus the supplied power supply from he usb ports are very minimum to support the usb disk.
When u have plugged the disk check if it is mounted by the router (in the status of the usb at router configuration page.)

If other things are okay with your configuration, that is u r getting the wireless signal from the router to browse and download from ur pc, turn the port triggering on in the NAT settings. When the Download master cannot find ur disk, check the udp port number it is using to communicate with the router.If u have kasperesky firewall installed U can check this
in the network monitoring option. Also u can use any other network monitoring utility. Once u have notted the port number
turn of any firewall u have.Back in the NAT settings in the trigger port list, add that port number as both UDP and TCP and vise versa.Also enable the default for quick time 4 client and real audio. For example, if your DM is using udp port 9999, enter 9999 in the triger port, select TCP, enter 9999 in the incoming port, select protocol udp and press the add button.Do
the same again, now with both protocol udp and add it. Click apply and finish to restart the router. Now in the USB application section turn on the download master and enable download share if u havenot done at first. Set default port range for download share some thing like this-- if ur DM is using the udp port 9999 enter 9990 in the from box.To box field will be automaticaly set to 10040.Click apply and finish to restart the router. Check in the status & log if the mentioned port has been forwarded, in the
port fordwarding page.

Now we are all set. Remember to turn off any firewall and use the device discovery utility of asus to find the router in the wireless
mode.Continously press the search button untill it is found.Once found open the Download Master program and from the file menu
select connect. It will take several try to connect to the disk and router. once connected it will show the status online. Now u can start ur downloading.

Remember I am using the router in the Gateway mode, with DHCP server on. So all the mentioned procedure may not work for all others who are using this as a different setup. Although this procedure is working for me, I don't garuntee it will work for all nor do i take any resposibility for any damage done by using this processess.

Anyway, It is helpfull if u get no other ways. Let me know if this procedure works for u.

thanks & regards.
Riben
:)

pity0815
29-07-2007, 12:24
I have had the same problem for the last couple of months: "The page cannot be displayed". (firmware 1.9.7.6, ASUS WL-500W) Today I had to realize the simplicity of this fault in my system...

Once, when my download manager (DM) was working properly, I must have changed deep down into one of the subdirectories on my harddisk and then left the DM. Later I must have deleted this same subdirectory e.g. in the explorer.

Now the Internet Explorer 7 in the DM window was practically off road. It was trying to display a page that did not exist.

After using the "parent directory" button a couple of times I found myself in an existing folder and lived happily ever after.

I hope this helps... well according to the dates of your posts, I guess you've solved it already, in case that your error message has had an as straight forward answer.

All the best!
/Peter

bbetoo
02-08-2007, 11:16

But can you download torrents??? I can't and I'm using the same firmware and software versions. http downloads work great. ftp I hanven't tried it yet.
Best regards,

bbetoo

vega01
29-12-2007, 13:36
Hi!

I just got new WL-500gP and want to use Download Master. Firmware version (original Asus) 1.9.7.5. I'm using Vista Home Premium. I attached 1 GB pendrive FAT32 and it is recognized by the firmware. I could get to it through ftp. But when I lauch Download Master (utility version 3.1.70) and try to Connect I either get "Abnormal program termination" or "Extract directory '\\192.168.1.1\part0\' must exist" message. When I click OK it reaches 100% of scanning and then shows another message window "Network error!! The device is not ready. Please connect again! No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Winsock description: WinSock 2.0. Winsock status: running."

Windows firewall is off, no antivirus software. "Enable Download Master" is Yes in router config. I tried also enabling download share in router config, but nothing changed. What could be the cause? Any help appreciated.

And by the way - does anybody know what kind of "protocol" does Download Master use?

Thanks in advance!

Vega

newbiefan
30-12-2007, 09:27
It's well known, that Asus downloadmaster is a piece of crap.

I tried several time to get this crap running, this is the reason, why I changed to Olegs FW.

I installed according wengis howto - there is a torrent included as well as some other very good software.
Here it is: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307
This howto is almost up to date and works perfectly, further it's good explained - it allows you to decide which parts you need or not.

seizmos
30-12-2007, 19:39
I have this firmware and USB memory Kingston dataT. 1GB , there is the same problem , Network error!! The device is not ready. Please connect again ?!?

tamasnemeth
07-03-2008, 21:04
Hi All!

I hope someone could help me. I have problem with the download master daemon. It's egal what I do the download master daemon didn't start. I've the firmware version 1.9.7.5, the download master is enabled. The status log looks like so:

dhcp client: deconfig: lease is lost
USB storage: ntfs(ro) fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk/part0
USB storage: ext2 fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk/part1
FTP server: daemon is started
Samba server: daemon is started
Media server: daemon is started

I don't know either what's wrong with the dhcp I tried to restart the router to originall settings but in the log was the same.

About the download master there's no word.

The part1 partition is formatted to ext3, size 3GB.

I also tried to restart the whole system and meanwhile the HDD was connected into the upper USB port. After that I tried to load back the saved config file but the result was the same. The download master can not connect.

In the network I can see the router and I also can copy data to the storage drive.

Download Master version: 1.1.2.6 If I started than it always failed to connect. If I try to download something than always came this error message:

Failed to establish connection to a specified socket.

or

Network Error!!!
The device is not ready. Please connect again!
Winsock Description: WinSock 2.0
Winsock Status: Running

If somebody has an idea, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tamas

ares952
11-03-2008, 06:57
Hi, last week I bought this router. I have had the same problem, even I used some old version of utilities. The solution was to download new version of utilities from the web site http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=WL-500gP

I do not know, where the problem is, that in the system log, there was no info about starting download manager deamon (as in my case). But after installation of the new version the information about starting deamon appears.

Now it works perfectly

But I would appreciated for any other multiplatform application like download manager

edit: the other problem was with the external disk, I think that download manager requires swap, that will be created on the usb disk. I had to format disk (FAT32) and plug in into USB port cleared

seth79
13-04-2008, 11:38
Hello Everyone!

I recently bought a WL500gP router and I would really like to change its original firmware to an alternative. I would like to use the router as a printer server, and of course use it for downloading via torrent AND http. I`ve been reading the forum for several days now, and Oleg`s firmware seems to be a good option for me. I know it supports torrent download, however I couldn`t find anything regarding any alternative to Download Master. Can anyone help me with this? Or does openwrt support unattended http download? Which firmware should I choose? I am quite a newbie for Linux.

Thanks for any response!

avberk
13-04-2008, 19:09
I advice you to install oleg firmware and then install 'transmission'
http://forum.transmissionbt.com/

You need to get familiar with basic linux knowledge.
It's not that hard too learn.

Have a look at macsat.com for some handy tutorials...

I would not touch openwrt as this requires more indepth linux
knowledge and a lot more configuration.

seth79
13-04-2008, 19:56
I advice you to install oleg firmware and then install 'transmission'
http://forum.transmissionbt.com/

You need to get familiar with basic linux knowledge.
It's not that hard too learn.

Have a look at macsat.com for some handy tutorials...

I would not touch openwrt as this requires more indepth linux
knowledge and a lot more configuration.

Thanks for the quick response. I will try Oleg's firmware then and Transmission for torrents. However I still don`t see how I'm gonna do unattended http downloads. Cheers.

al37919
13-04-2008, 20:21
Thanks for the quick response. I will try Oleg's firmware then and Transmission for torrents. However I still don`t see how I'm gonna do unattended http downloads. Cheers.
google on wget or curl
If you really want web-interface, search the forum on ADOS.

craver84
22-04-2008, 13:38
Hi everyone, I already have a router with OperWRT firmware so I need to use WL500 only as an access point and to download torrents. This is my question: I don't want to use the WAN port, how can I use Download Master? Where can I set my DNS Ip?
Thanks

newbiefan
23-04-2008, 19:07
Use webif, ipconfig, lan to set your IP address.

On main router set portforwarding (needed ports) to the ip of asus.

Thats it.

ddp
09-06-2008, 00:09
Hi

I've a problem with the download master. The download speed is to low copering with my bandwitch . It download's with max 128 KB. and if I download the same file directly from my pc I download it with 2 MB.

I just upgrated to the newest asus fw... and I can't explain why the download is so low.

right now I have attached to the router a 1 GB USB stick.. with fat32 partion.

How can i solve this issue?

sorry for my english

ceetah
21-10-2008, 12:23
my solution:

update ALL drivers, utilities and software from asus website.
setup you wan, lan with EZ Setup or manually.
restart the router.

I use an external hdd, connected on the usb port.
It only worked if I made the FIRST partition EXT2 (I think EXT3 or FAT32 works too... NTFS NOT!). Click connect on download master utility. Download master will then make some folders on that partition.

I also tried 1st partition NTFS, and 2nd FAT32 but with no luck. So it's gotta be first.

if someone know what should I do to enable upload/share on my downloaded torrents please tell me.

Kenny
25-11-2008, 12:23
sometimes it works, but it is bloody slow. Oleg firmware + transmission is a way better

shantanugoel
01-12-2008, 05:22
Hi

I just came to know that for wl-700ge asus also gives a web interface (through the admin pages) to access the download master functionality and this is a great news for people who run linux (and still use original fw), as they cant run the windows utility.
Moreover, it is said that the web interface is much better than the utility in terms of features as well as reliability.
Does anyone know if there is any way to have the same kind of thing with wl-500w
Thanks

shantanugoel
01-12-2008, 19:55
Hi
(Had posted this earlier in wl-500w forum but this applies to wl-500g as well, so thought of asking here for better exposure. Mods, please feel free to delete/move/merge this thread if you find it inappropriate)

I just came to know that for wl-700ge asus also gives a web interface (through the admin pages) to access the download master functionality and this is a great news for people who run linux (and still use original fw), as they cant run the windows utility.
Moreover, it is said that the web interface is much better than the utility in terms of features as well as reliability.
Does anyone know if there is any way to have the same kind of thing with wl-500w
Thanks

wpte
02-12-2008, 18:40
Hi

Thanks

wine is the solution?
wine almoast runs anything from windows on linux:p

shantanugoel
02-12-2008, 19:55
wine is the solution?
wine almoast runs anything from windows on linux:p
Yeah, that was my first line of thought. But I read somwhere that it didn't work (I am yet to receive my router, so can't test it. Preparing for the onslaught as soon as I get it tomorrow :) )
Moreover, I read in a review that the windows utility is very buggy but the web interface works fine.

calebz
02-12-2008, 21:19
Welcome to "BEING RIPPED BY ASUS" world:)

Enjoy your stay and if you want torrent downloading you need alternative firmware. Searching the forum is your answer!

wpte
04-12-2008, 22:15
Yeah, that was my first line of thought. But I read somwhere that it didn't work (I am yet to receive my router, so can't test it. Preparing for the onslaught as soon as I get it tomorrow :) )
Moreover, I read in a review that the windows utility is very buggy but the web interface works fine.

yeh it's buggy and slow, wich is too bad:(
I'm using the lastest oleg...

anyway, for wine, you might need to activate some dll's to make it work.
I mean, it can run crysis (with bad graphics) so it should run a download tool like that:D

shantanugoel
04-12-2008, 23:30
@wpte: BTW I received my router yesterday. haven't got time to play with it yet, but now I am thinking of doing something better. I'd probably reverse engineer either the download master utility and build smthing similar natively for linux or would try to extract the web interface part from wl-700ge firmware and add it here. What say? :)

dale978
06-03-2009, 13:21
hi
i have have just bought an asus wl-500w router
so i can download with my pc turned off.
does anyone know if it is possible to download folders or queued files
via ftp (using flash fxp), at moment i can only download 1 file at a time using download master - any help greatly appreciated
thanks
dale

sorry if this has been asked before but ive done a search to no avail

wpte
07-03-2009, 23:50
You can try to download a folder instead of a file... but if that doesn't work, I think the downloadmaster just can't do that:(

dale978
10-03-2009, 10:08
thanx for the reply - do you if it would be possible if i use oleg's firmware ?
and can download master be used with newsgroups
thank you

wpte
12-03-2009, 17:48
thanx for the reply - do you if it would be possible if i use oleg's firmware ?
and can download master be used with newsgroups
thank you

the downloadmaster is not available on olegs.
It is however possible to download several different things on olegs like torrents (with rtorrent or transmissiono) and also newsgroups(with hellaNZB).
downloading via ftp and http will still be possible via a sort of service called ados.

downloading on olegs is also quite a lot faster
;)

dale978
13-03-2009, 11:51
thanx
i have installed olegs firmware (1973)
is there a guide to get the apps running
all tutorials ive found seem way to complicated
the program putty says conection refused when i try connecting !

wpte
14-03-2009, 20:14
thanx
i have installed olegs firmware (1973)
is there a guide to get the apps running
all tutorials ive found seem way to complicated
the program putty says conection refused when i try connecting !

try wengi's: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307

the wl-500gP forums are full of how-to's that also work on the wl500w;)

hypertonik
09-04-2009, 09:59
Don't you, by any chance, know how to start the Download Master if it cannot find the router? The router itself works all right, the Asus device finder finds it without any problem but the Master says that the device is not found...

dale978
12-04-2009, 14:43
thanx wpte for the replies,ive got oleg's firmware installed and am using headstart 2 image-my new problem is trying to put my ext powered usb drive into standby(if poss) when not downloading -overnight etc.
as for download master it was nothing but trouble when used it-sometimes it would find usb drive others not

vladk2k
23-04-2009, 13:15
Hi
Since I guess that oleg somehow got the source code to the official ASUS firmware, I was wondering if he or someone who caught a glimpse of it can explain how download master works. AFAIK it uses UDP port 9999 and sends 3 packets with unknown data to connect. There are some integers there (keep finding packs of 0xFFFF FFFF) and surely the packets must be handled somehow.
So, does anyone know anythig ?

al37919
23-04-2009, 14:33
I guess that oleg somehow got the source code to the official ASUS firmware
you can also download the source code of the asus firmware e.g. here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

vladk2k
28-04-2009, 11:25
Ah, yes, I see now
Thank you very much

ivm
03-10-2009, 12:53
Router (ASUS WL-500W) wokrs, there is no problem with inernet connection, no problem with WiFi, USB drive is attached, recognizsed and it's accessible from computers for read and write operations.
I've installed ASUS utilities, started Download Master, added torrent files, and none of them is downloading. Status on all torrents is shown as "Queued", and nubber of peers - 0, so no speed, no ETA, no progress.
Tried to look for a solution here and on official website forum. No luck. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

wpte
03-10-2009, 13:56
that's just the way the download master handles torrents.
it just hardly works, now and then it downloads something even when you portforward everything.

if you want good torrent speeds I can only recommend something like oleg firmware, you can compare those speeds with PC speeds:)