PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Cannot restore WL500gP firmware

simistef
27-12-2007, 11:59
Hi there,

Today i have just installed on my ASUS WL500 Premium router, the Kamikaze 0.79 package. Everything went just fine. After that i have installed the X-WRT package for web interface. Again, everything went fine.

In the web interface i have changed in the Network > LAN Settings, from Static to DHCP. When i applied the changes, it took a long time and after that the web page just got blank. I have refreshed the web page but nothing. I have restarted the router and now i have an "Limited or no connectivity" message on my Local Area Connection. If i ping it to 192.168.1.1 i get an "destination host unreachable".

After some restarts finnaly i could connect to the router. The next thing i wanted to do is to put back the original firmware version.

I used TFTP twice, first with wl500g-clear-nvram.trx and then wl500g-recover.trx. But nothing worked ! I even put WL500gp_1.9.7.5_TW.trx from ASUS site but nada ! I must say that i can see the "Transfer succesfull" messages using tftp and my PC network config is:

ip: 192.168.1.10
mask: 255.255.255.0
router: 192.168.1.1
dns: 192.168.1.1

later edit: I must say that the power led is blinking and the led of port 1 is on

Can anybody help me please ?! Have i bricked my router ?