PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Bridging Speedtouch 580 & WL-500g

bFunk
17-11-2004, 15:08
I am looking into setting up a Wireless bridge with my Speedtouch 580 which is an ADSL modem and router in one also offering a 4 port switch and Wireless AP. What I'd like to know is, if I buy a WL-500g, can I set it up to bridge to a network upstairs.

So:

internet <-ADSL-> ST580 <-WLAN-> WL-500g <---> LAN (wired)

The Speedtouch does offer WDS and is already a NAT and DHCP so for that I don't really need the WL-500g. I just would like to bridge from the ground floor, two floors up to my computer room which has 3 computers which I'd like to cable-connect to the 500g. (and of course I'd like to use the printer port and possible ftp-server).

And of course the WLAN connection has to be encrypted (using WPA, or some sort).

Cheers,
B

bFunk
18-11-2004, 22:09
bump bump bump

brubber
18-11-2004, 22:20
bump bump bumpsearch search search

just kidding.

in answer to your question: Yes should be possible. If you search the forum you will probably get a good idea of what to do and what not to do

bFunk
19-11-2004, 07:28
search search search

just kidding.

in answer to your question: Yes should be possible. If you search the forum you will probably get a good idea of what to do and what not to do

I have already searched both the documentation that I could find online and the forums. The one thing that worried me was that I read that the WL-500g will only bridge with another WL-500g (or other ASUS WAP). Then on the other hand I read about WDS and wonder if both devices support WDS if that'll make it possible to have a wireless bridge.

Regards,
B

Antiloop
19-11-2004, 08:33
I have already searched both the documentation that I could find online and the forums. The one thing that worried me was that I read that the WL-500g will only bridge with another WL-500g (or other ASUS WAP). Then on the other hand I read about WDS and wonder if both devices support WDS if that'll make it possible to have a wireless bridge.

Regards,
B
Asus only guarantees that WDS will work with other Asus products

this doesn't mean it will not work with other brands..

e.g. they will work fine with linksys