PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : usb mountpoint in newer (1.8xx) fw and additions

xlephant
16-11-2004, 21:22
hi guys,

im a bit confused at the moment. was there a special reason to change the usb mountpoint from /mnt/usbfs to /tmp/harddisk, (don't know since which firmware) ? because a lot of the additions uses fixed paths in their scripts... and it is awful to change all this links.
also a lot of addtions don't run with newer firmware (graphical accounting, bluetooth and gift), maybe because of the mountpoint. ideas?

if anyone ask the question before, i'm sorry for asking again, but i didn't find the previous question(used search, realy :o) . a link is maybe helpfull for me.

thx 2 all

Oleg
16-11-2004, 22:11
hi guys,

im a bit confused at the moment. was there a special reason to change the usb mountpoint from /mnt/usbfs to /tmp/harddisk, (don't know since which firmware) ? because a lot of the additions uses fixed paths in their scripts... and it is awful to change all this links.
also a lot of addtions don't run with newer firmware (graphical accounting, bluetooth and gift), maybe because of the mountpoint. ideas?

if anyone ask the question before, i'm sorry for asking again, but i didn't find the previous question(used search, realy :o) . a link is maybe helpfull for me.

thx 2 all

Changed in the 1.8 series by ASUS. Trick to make mnt/usbfs work:

mount -o bind /tmp /mnt
ln -s /tmp/harddisk /mnt/usbfs

Styno
17-11-2004, 09:27
I guess the HDD has to be present before it can be mounted. In previous firmwares the HDD was mounted between pre-boot and post-boot script, but in the new 1.8.x.x firmwares the HDD is mounted by the watchdog which may take about 10 seconds AFTER post-boot has finished.

So if you want to run scripts (or make other mount points) on the HDD in the post-boot script you will have to make sure post-boot execution waits until the HDD is mounted. This can be done as described in :

http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=6290&postcount=26

bramfm
07-12-2004, 10:09
Changed in the 1.8 series by ASUS. Trick to make mnt/usbfs work:

mount -o bind /tmp /mnt
ln -s /tmp/harddisk /mnt/usbfs

So I have done this, but some of my executables (?) won't run, I get the following error message:

./btctl
-sh: ./btctl: not found

huh?

it works ok with 1.7.whatever

Oleg
07-12-2004, 10:39
Have you checked access rights? I mean chmod +x btctl?

xlephant
07-04-2005, 20:18
So I have done this, but some of my executables (?) won't run, I get the following error message:

./btctl
-sh: ./btctl: not found

huh?

same error here already checked the rights.

any ideas will be helpful.

thx