PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Can the WL-500g Premium see multiple USB-drives?

pcf111
20-11-2007, 04:01
I have seven external hard drives and a printer (connected to the PC via two USB-hubs), that I would like to share in the network via a wireless router. So I need a router that does all the 'normal' things, PLUS that it has one or more USB-ports where I can connect SEVERAL hard drives.

It seems like Asus WL-500g Premium is what I need? If you connect several USB-drives to it, does it see them as different drives AND share them correctly? Can it read and write NTFS?

Anyone who has experiences with this router? Or maybe someone knows about another router that does all this?

Thanks!

avberk
20-11-2007, 15:10
It should be possible to connect multiple hd's to the router via an usb hub. not all external cases work though. no guarantees.

The router has linux as the OS. It can read ntfs, but not write.

The hd's can be mounted in linux. Have a look at macsat.com for some tutorials..

pcf111
20-11-2007, 15:15
Thx for the reply.

Does any of the modified OS'es/patches make it possible to write to NTFS as well? All my hard drives are formatted with NTFS, so if that's not possible I can't buy this router.

al37919
20-11-2007, 16:01
I haven't seen any report on successful attachment of ntfs drive for writing so far (at least to Oleg's fw. I don't know of the real situation in openWRT). It is believed that it is possible to do with linux kernel 2.6, however this router has kernel version 2.4

There are several free solutions to mount linux native ext2/3 partitions to windows. However if you have to stick to ntfs, then likely this router is not your choice.