PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Access to WEBcam from internet

perms
29-01-2004, 20:23
Trying to get access to my web camera connected to the USB-port on my wl-500g from internet

The manual does not say much about how to set up this. I want to access the camera without using any logon to the router. The camera is a Locitech QuickCam 4000 Pro, and works on my internal network (but I still have to log on the router). So my question is as follows:

* How to set up the router so it is possible to reach it from internet
* The access to the camera should not need any logon (or at least an account different from Admin)
* The syntac of the address to type when I'm on a computer on internet

Antiloop
29-01-2004, 20:40
Originally posted by perms
Trying to get access to my web camera connected to the USB-port on my wl-500g from internet

The manual does not say much about how to set up this. I want to access the camera without using any logon to the router. The camera is a Locitech QuickCam 4000 Pro, and works on my internal network (but I still have to log on the router). So my question is as follows:

* How to set up the router so it is possible to reach it from internet
* The access to the camera should not need any logon (or at least an account different from Admin)
* The syntac of the address to type when I'm on a computer on internet

at this moment it's only to access the webcam from outside when enabling 'Enable Web Access from WAN? ' at IP Config > Miscellaneous

and only with the standard Admin login

the syntax is your external IP which was given by your provider

if you want it like you describe, you should change it with a custom firmware

thaoluan
24-02-2004, 14:17
I have Logitech QuickCam PRO 4000, connect direct to router by Usb port. And the config is the same as Antiloop explain. And in IE I have open all active Active X

When I try to access my webcam from outside I got the message..
<< If you use "ActiveX and Refresh" mode and still can not see any image, please press link following to display in an alternate way.. here >>

If I press the link then I can see just picture in Black&White
So I cannot see live movie from webcam, but it works well from inside local network.

Do I have something wrong ? Can anyone help?

Thanks !

Antiloop
24-02-2004, 16:27
Originally posted by thaoluan
I have Logitech QuickCam PRO 4000, connect direct to router by Usb port. And the config is the same as Antiloop explain. And in IE I have open all active Active X

<< If you use "ActiveX and Refresh" mode and still can not see any image, please press link following to display in an alternate way.. here >>

So I cannot see live movie from webcam, but it works well from inside local network.

Thanks !

if i'm not wrong, that's happening at my router too
i've never paid attention to it, because we're using some @#%@#$proxy at my work so thought it was because the proxy@work

oCe
24-04-2004, 21:24
Originally posted by thaoluan

Thanks !

Same problem here! ActiveX doesn't work from WAN, does work on LAN. the 'preview' JPEG-picture mode works in both LAN & WAN but is in black & white. Any news / progress on your part? Really would like to be able to view the webcam streaming with the ActiveX-script (or whatever other possibility) from WAN, in color! (which actually was one of the arguments for me to buy the Wl-500g... kinda a big bummer that it doesn't work...)

Antiloop
25-04-2004, 02:54
i don't know how any of you get the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working, but it is NOT supported by the current PWC driver that's in the WL500g, as i own this camera as well at the moment (my philips 680k died after 3-4 years)

perms
27-04-2004, 20:16
i don't know how any of you get the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working, but it is NOT supported by the current PWC driver that's in the WL500g, as i own this camera as well at the moment (my philips 680k died after 3-4 years)

Hi,
I got the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working (from the LAN side in colour, only B&W from WAN). My configuration is as shown in the attached image. The Windows XP machine must also be configured according to the user manual from ASUS (some security settings).

PerMS

oCe
27-04-2004, 22:23
I have exactly the same settings in my router, but can't seem to connect to the ActiveX stream from WAN, only from LAN. On which part have you enabled the WAN-acces to the router? (the configuration-screen from WAN, the 'my.router' but then from WAN) Maybe that's the difference / cause why it doesn't work? (e.g. the script/page looks for the ActiveX-object at port no. xxx instead of yyy)

Antiloop
28-04-2004, 00:36
I have exactly the same settings in my router, but can't seem to connect to the ActiveX stream from WAN, only from LAN. On which part have you enabled the WAN-acces to the router? (the configuration-screen from WAN, the 'my.router' but then from WAN) Maybe that's the difference / cause why it doesn't work? (e.g. the script/page looks for the ActiveX-object at port no. xxx instead of yyy)

i think i've located the problem already, but can't test yet

still running the 1.7.5.7 beta version, tomorrow i'll put CR2 back.

somehow my logitech 4000 cam started working suddenly.. very strange..

Antiloop
29-04-2004, 02:03
i think i've located the problem already, but can't test yet

still running the 1.7.5.7 beta version, tomorrow i'll put CR2 back.

somehow my logitech 4000 cam started working suddenly.. very strange..

ok.. my problem is half solved and identified, CR2 is using PWC8.6 for a strange unknown reason. updated them manually with pwc8.8 now my cam works after starting manually webcamserver

also i am able to stream from the internet, the thing you have to do is put your websetup at port 80
be sure you visit your IP address and NOT your dns so it should look like this:
http://212.41.88.100/ be sure it does not look like http://212.41.88.100:80/ then it doesn't work anymore..

this behaviour is due to an error in the webcam asp page (Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp)

kuen
29-04-2004, 03:18
I have successfully connect to two logitech webcams

http://external.ip:8080/Advanced_RemoteControl_Widzard.asp

actually it will connect to
http://external.ip:8081/ShowWebCam.asp
and
http://external.ip:8082/ShowWebCam.asp

1st data server is using port 7777
2nd data server is using port 7778 (nat to 2nd router's port 7778)

I can use telnet to see the data.

regards,
kuen
:)

xlephant
20-06-2004, 14:12
just tried to access the webcam over vpn(means form outside) with a url like this:

http://[dyndnsURL]:7777/Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp

and this

http://[dyndnsURL]:7777/ShowWebCamPic.asp

both didn't work. i think the browser didn't load the activx applet, because i get lines like this:

GOQI>0&##&+-+)ˆˆ‰ˆˆ‰‰‰‹ŒŒŒŒŽŒŽŽ‘’’’‘’“””””•••““ •”•–•”•––––––——˜˜˜˜™š™™™š››œœ›š›œœžžŸŸžžžŸกก กขฃฃขคฅฅคคคฅงฆฆงงฆฆฆงจจจฉฉจฉชชชซชชชชจฉชฌซชชซฌฌซซซซ ฌฌ*ฎฎฎ***ฎฎฎฎฏฎฎฏฏฎฎฏฏฏฐฏฎฐซขกฃฅฅขœขคฅฅฅฅฅคฃฃขกกก ก žžžŸžœœœ››ššš˜™™˜—–•””“’’‘ŽŒŠŠ‰‰ŒŽŽŽŒŒ‹‰‰ˆˆ†…… „‚‚‚‚‚€€€€€~~€}~}|}||zxxxxwvutspqiU =+-;HNQN@3&"%()**)‡ˆ‰Š‹‹‹‹ŒŒŒŒŽŽŽŽŽ‘‘’’’’’““’’”””•• ”•”””“”––––—–•––—–————™™™™˜™š›œ›››œœœœœœžžžžžžžžžŸ กขกกข [...]

and so on and so on.
i think it is the source code of the sended pics because there is no end.

anybody idea, why it is not working?

chris.delarue
12-07-2004, 06:10
Hi,
I have the same problem as Xlephant
My firmware is 1.6.5.3
I use http://myIP:7777
but if I use:
http://myIP:8080/ShowWebCam.asp it's ok after asking me the password of the router, is it the good port to use the webcam or it should be 7777 ?

:confused: :confused:

zorbacr
18-07-2004, 03:31
iดve tried several options but appears always the same error ..
Iดve seen that the camera is compatible with the router but it not seems to work.
Iดve upgrade to 1.7.5.6 still the same ..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Antiloop
18-07-2004, 15:39
try reconnecting your usbcam first..

zorbacr
18-07-2004, 19:22
Reconnect?? no changes all the same error!!!

Technik
18-07-2004, 21:23
Check if you have OV511 driver selected in web config. The green LED on the webcam must be permanently shining in case the webcam is properly initialized. Usually it does not work after the warm reboot (the LED just flashes and stay blank). In most cases you can make the camera working if you disconnect it and plug it again while the router is still in operation.

zorbacr
19-07-2004, 20:16
yes the driver is correct, the led is always on not flashes, and still cant connetc to server said the error msg.....i tried several times disconnect the webcam but apears always the same error :( :( :(

Technik
19-07-2004, 23:23
OK. It seems you don't have the web browser security set in accordance to router's manual. Check the browser settings (ActiveX controls and plug-ins section).

DenTheMan
02-08-2004, 21:48
My Philips ToUcam II (pcvc820) is having same problems as the Webcam Creative 3; getting 'couldn't connect to server'

Whats wrong?

coolzero
11-08-2004, 15:41
I have a Creative PC-Cam 300 and gives me the same error.

diclidophora
28-08-2004, 14:38
I get the same problem with a trust Spcam 300S. Nothing seems to allow it to work

Antiloop
28-08-2004, 19:38
I get the same problem with a trust Spcam 300S. Nothing seems to allow it to work
did you read the user manual too ?

how to set it up... and how to set up your browser to be able too access it?

Horse
04-11-2004, 10:23
ok.. my problem is half solved and identified, CR2 is using PWC8.6 for a strange unknown reason. updated them manually with pwc8.8 now my cam works after starting manually webcamserver

also i am able to stream from the internet, the thing you have to do is put your websetup at port 80
be sure you visit your IP address and NOT your dns so it should look like this:
http://212.41.88.100/ be sure it does not look like http://212.41.88.100:80/ then it doesn't work anymore..

this behaviour is due to an error in the webcam asp page (Advanced_ShowTime_Widzard.asp)

Antiloop - so you have your webcam working? I don't understand what you mean by put your websetup at port 80. Where do I set this?

All I get from the web side is still just a black box and no image, but perfect from the LAN side.
I have done all the IE changes listed in the manual. Firmware is 1.7.5.9-5 (need that because of Bigpond connection)

Looking forward to your help.
Horse

Antiloop
04-11-2004, 11:22
Antiloop - so you have your webcam working? I don't understand what you mean by put your websetup at port 80. Where do I set this?

All I get from the web side is still just a black box and no image, but perfect from the LAN side.
I have done all the IE changes listed in the manual. Firmware is 1.7.5.9-5 (need that because of Bigpond connection)

Looking forward to your help.
Horse
test with 1.8.x.x for referencing please, i'm no longer using 1.7.x.x based

by putting websetup at port 80 I meant putting it at port 80 ? thus not at port 8080 as default

It had something to do with it in a certain version, dunno whatfor anymore

Great Dane
25-01-2005, 21:06
I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000 connected to my ASUS wl500g running ASUS Firmware version 1.9.2.7.

Everything related to the webcam functionality is set up right.

Webcam is available from LAN as streaming video in color (activex).

However, from the internet, using the same PC / Client, I get a black videoimage and the errormessage "Cannot connect to server". If I press the option "refresh" I get still pictures from the webcam that refreshes every 3 seconds, but only in black/white and not streaming video.

I have read through this forum and found a lot of threads about it - some related to the problems described above, but no solutions :-((.

Does anyone actually succeeded in setting up a webcam with the WL500g where the activex thing works (in color) from the internet ??

Or does one of you experts here know what I might try to get this working?

Martin

Technik
25-01-2005, 22:29
Search for Palantir.

cu4xs
31-05-2005, 18:05
Iดm running a webcam on my router. Now I try to monitor the surveillance from a computer that is connected to the router. On that computer I have a clear streaming video in my internet explorer. After that I installed a motion detection software but what is the source of the camera.
What settings are needed to watch the streaming video in the motion detection software?
Any suggestions?

rue
01-06-2005, 13:52
As of what I understood from your message (and baring the routers doc in mind), the camera is attached to the router using USB. Your browser uses a small piece of software (automatically transferred by the router) that displays the picture using Active-X-Control. Alternatively it displays the picture as a normal JPG-file.

If you now install a piece of software (your motion detection stuff) on your computer, that software requires to "talk" directly to a camera. But your camera is NOT attached to your computer but to the router. AFAIK "transparent" handling of the routers USB-port towards you computer is not in any way implemented (and I donดt think it will ever become).

Thus you quite likely will not have any success at all, except of course, connecting the camera directly to your computer rather than to the router.

But if your motion detection software either has a built in webserver or communicates with a webserver you may setup a transparent routing of WAN-port 80 to port 80 of your computer (supposedly port 80 of your computer is the webserver listening to). That of course requires to have the camera attached to your computer!

Hopefully I got the right point. Good luck!

carl
06-06-2005, 19:10
Hello everyone,

Today i bought my Asus WL-500G router, and its working fine. I also connected a Philips webcam (vesta pro) that is also working fine in the preview section of the asus router.

How can i make it visible on the internet so i can view the cam from an other location. I am a newbie in this..

I suppose i have to be in:
-NAT Setting > Virtual Server > Choose HTTP

Port range Local IP Local Port Protocol Protocol No. Description
80 ?? 7776 ? TCP ???? HTTP Server (80)

What Url do i use to visit my webcam from another computer ??

I searched the forums here, and the asus manual but i can't seem to find the answer..

I am using firmware 1.9.4.0

Thanks for your replies :D

carl
07-06-2005, 18:21
Is there some tutorial available to set up the web cam for viewing true the internet ?

I hoped to find some help for newbies :confused:

tthen
07-06-2005, 20:09
check this out:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=116&highlight=webcam+wan

carl
08-06-2005, 10:12
Finally i got my cam working now.

I will make an tutorial for other newbies soon.

cu4xs
25-09-2005, 15:43
I connect my Logitech Quick cam pro with the router and I can see streaming video via internet.
In menu "USB Application - Web Camera" you can set the refresh time in seconds. So long so good.
But every setting there (also 2000) does not work. I still has a streaming video.
Is it possile to set up the router, that the camera takes a picture every minute?
Thanks for answers.

neophred
28-11-2006, 14:00
Hi
I connected a Logitech Sphere to my webcam and it actually works, well sort of. It does not work with the active X, only refresh mode and then it's black and white, not color! Does anyone know why ?

Secondly I would like to watch my webcam from another browser, and I set up a virtual server, port 8080 with my IP address I found in the Status window and port 7776 for the refresh mode. However my problem is when I save and restart, the IP changes automatically therefore making these settings obsolete.
Can someone tell me how to prevent this ?

neophred
29-11-2006, 21:36
Not one answer !! Come on I need help with this.
Nobody knows how to help me ??

georgij
29-11-2006, 22:07
Hi
Maby you should register to dyndns.org or similar.

I am very surprised that you get Sphere working on this router. How you get it?

neophred
02-12-2006, 10:00
I just plugged the Sphere in the router with the Asus FW and it works... in B/W !

Are you saying nobody on this forum is using this router with a webcam to monitor from a remote location ? I'm really surprised... :(