PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WEBcamera for 500G - Czech

phobos2
13-11-2004, 02:48
I know thera are people from Czech republic. Do you know some shop where i could by cheap/est/ camera for Asus - i look at alzasoft and Czechcomputer but they havent camera, that was listed in manual. I need your help .... ;)

WlanMan
13-11-2004, 03:12
Hi

You can reverse-lookup if some of the cams selled around you have a Chip supported by the Firmware, or you can buy the cheapest one, and try to compile the driver yourself for the Asus. Many cams under 20Eur use a single-chip Solution (from global sun tec if i think right) which is quite acceptable.

Greets

zdenek
12-02-2005, 08:14
I know thera are people from Czech republic. Do you know some shop where i could by cheap/est/ camera for Asus - i look at alzasoft and Czechcomputer but they havent camera, that was listed in manual. I need your help .... ;)

Hi,

have you solved this problem? I am in the same situation :(

When I read a list of supported devices I saw that either mentioned cams are rather expensive or there are not available in CZ. To my surprise, even cams Philips are difficult to buy here - I have found only some shops in Brno and price is rather high too :(

wiz
12-02-2005, 08:46
Well, in the early days I bought a cheap cam that was based on the OV511 (turned out later) and it worked straight away.

So if you can figure out what chip is used on the camera's that are affordable over there you can have a look at the supported webcams in the supported hardware threads and buy one with a similar supported chipset?

kubo
01-05-2005, 22:25

In Slovak Republic is the similar situation. It is not easy to get camera with suitable chipset. I din't find the point of sale for Phillips. Even the Phillips importer company would't be able to give information.

kubo
01-05-2005, 22:28
Hi

You can reverse-lookup if some of the cams selled around you have a Chip supported by the Firmware, or you can buy the cheapest one, and try to compile the driver yourself for the Asus. Many cams under 20Eur use a single-chip Solution (from global sun tec if i think right) which is quite acceptable.

Greets

HI, I saw your ASUS stuff. Are you using 2 web cams together ?
Are your cams monitoring the different rooms or places ? What is recommended method of providing this model ?