PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : enhanced-ctorrent ~100% cpu

marco82
11-11-2007, 21:27
I'm having problems with enhanced-ctorrent client. When I start torrent download (through Seaky's CTCS web frontend) everything works fine, but when download finishes process named enhanced-ctorrent takes processor to almost 100% usage. When I stop torrent download (i.e. seeding), from Seaky's CTCS web frontend, processor usage comes back to normal.

I must say that everything worked perfectly till some time. When it stopped working, files in /opt/etc/init.d/ ware corrupted ( they had something like yyyyyyyyyyyy) so i changed those files contents (S90sctcs among others) to make everything work again. /opt is mounted to my flash drive.

I'm using Olegs firmware 1.9.2.7-7g.

Do you guys have any idea what might be wrong and how to solve this? Or maybe to give me some advice of changing torrent download client (tutorial, or something like that)?

Thanks in advance!

al37919
11-11-2007, 21:43
when download finishes process named enhanced-ctorrent takes processor to almost 100% usage.

Is it impossible that it's just checking the hash of the downloaded file... ?

marco82
12-11-2007, 07:14
Maybe, but it's not OK to crash the router so I have to restart it. So I assumed that it's definitely not OK.

al37919
12-11-2007, 08:37
I suggest, may be it's time to check the hdd using e2fsck.

marco82
12-11-2007, 20:00
OK this might me the problem. I got to directory : /dev/discs and issued following command : e2fsck disc0/
This is what I got in return :

e2fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
e2fsck: while trying to open disc0/

The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

I also tried e2fsck -b 8193 disc0 and got this result :
e2fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
e2fsck: while trying to open disc0

The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

So how does that seems like?

Do I need to reformat that flash drive, or what else can I do?

TNX in advance!

al37919
12-11-2007, 20:22
Don't hurry to reformat...

e2fsck should be run not on disk but on partition, e.g.:
e2fsck /dev/discs/disc0/part1

The partition should be dismounted first

marco82
12-11-2007, 21:16
How to mount, unomunt part1?

al37919
12-11-2007, 21:36
To unmount do:
umount /dev/discs/disc0/part1
However, if it don't want to unmount, do the following:
Turn off router, disconnect hdd, power on router, connect hdd, then do umount /dev/discs/disc0/part1

To mount do:
mount <what> <where>

marco82
12-11-2007, 22:17
OK another problem now :(. I turned off the router, unplugged the flash disk and turned on the router. But then my settings ware 'deleted'. Anyway i plugged in the flash disk and in syslog i found that i was mounted to /tmp/harddisk. So when i tried to issue following commands :
umount /tmp/harddisk/
umount: Couldn't umount /tmp/harddisk: Invalid argument
and
umount /dev/discs/disc0/
umount: Couldn't umount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: Invalid argument

umount /dev/discs/disc0/part1
umount: Couldn't umount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1: Invalid argument

that is what I got. Anyway ssh is not working, so I had to login through the telnet.

Is is possible to chack that flash from my PC with linux on it?
What can I do to take things back to it's previous state, i.e. ssh, samba... to work?

P.S. After the restart /usr/local/sbin folder is missing so there are not post-boot, mount and firewall scripts... Looks like I'll have to install it again :(?

al37919
12-11-2007, 23:08
OK, let's divide problem into two parts.
1) the idea of the suggested procedure was to avoid starting apps from post-boot file. If there are some open files on the disk or some directory is working directory of some program, etc, then umount fails. This should work unless something is started from other files, e.g. post-mount, post-firewall

Check with ps what is sitting in memory. I guess if ftp-server is switched on in the web-IF, then it is automatically started when hdd is attached. Such services (ftp, samba) should be switched off in web IF.

Is is possible to chack that flash from my PC with linux on it?
Yes, of course, using the same e2fsck

2) P.S. After the restart /usr/local/sbin folder is missing so there are not post-boot, mount and firewall scripts... Looks like I'll have to install it again ?

/usr/local/sbin folder is located in the built in flash, so it is not related to the external storage. However to save changes you made in /usr/local you have to perform flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable Have you performed this magic sequence?

If yes, then you may try to do just: flashfs enable

marco82
12-11-2007, 23:18
Yeah I did that and nothing heapend. Anyway I upgraded to new versions of olegs firmware, formatted usb disc and now trying to get everything like it was. Will try tomorrow afternoon to complete this. Anyway thank you for your help. Since there might be more problems with this I'm counting on you :)

Tnx again.