PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : wan to lan filter on default firmware 1.0.7.8?

nully
09-11-2007, 18:09
Hello everyone,

Just got my wl-700ge box the other day, have been reading this forum for three weeks now before buying the box. It came with 1.0.4.6 firmware. Upgraded the firmware from asus site to 1.0.7.8. I know i shouldnt ask about this here, as this forum comes mostly to custom firmware, but I am too "chicken" to use a custom firmware :P

So I noticed ftp port (20,21) are opened from the wan side, also port 80 is open from wan.
I have tried to block those ports from the wan to lan filter (firewall interface) but had no luck. I added the rules with add button, but when I click apply, i got a window with APPLYING and a 30 seconds timer, then when it reaches 0 and the browser refreshes, i get a page not found, the router would stop respond (either to ping, or from webpage) and I can only shut it down using the power button (it shuts down hdd then it turns off). After reboot, the rules I added are there, still I can connect from wan side to both ftp and web
Anyone using this firmware and the built in firewall, could please help me block those 2 ports? :)
Thank you very much in advance.

dalanik
11-11-2007, 00:36
he he, it seems i'm not the only one with this bug... i noticed there are more options which make the router inaccessable on "apply"... and I use 1.4.0.6 not 1.0.7.8 (i've been even greater chicken than you) :-) what i also noticed that after that, i can conect to the router over wifi but not over ethernet...