PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : dd-wrt on WL700gE

Faw
06-11-2007, 21:28
Has anyone tried to install dd-wrt in their WL700? They have a micro version for routers with 2MB of Flash.

hal2k1
06-11-2007, 23:53
Has anyone tried to install dd-wrt in their WL700? They have a micro version for routers with 2MB of Flash.

What is the advantage?

OpenWrt has had a wl700ge variant going for some time now, and it has matured over time to now become reasonably stable and working properly. It uses the same optware packages as dd-wrt, so why would you go with the experimental system when there is a wroking open system available?

The kam7.09.trx on this page:
http://wl700g.homelinux.net/drupal/?q=node/145

... is the best firmware for this box I have yet tried.

It isn't that easy to install, but there is help available:
http://wl700g.homelinux.net/portal/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

... so if you have even a little experience with a Linux command line, why not give OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09 a go?

back2basic
07-11-2007, 00:29

I heard something about that DD-wrt wasn't supporting usb, but I havent checked in it.
maybe I'll try that later.

Faw
07-11-2007, 00:58
What is the advantage?

Well, it seems more user friendly than openwrt. I know about x-wrt but dd-wrt has more things integrated in the UI.

I heard something about that DD-wrt wasn't supporting usb, but I havent checked in it.
maybe I'll try that later.

I think there's a version with USB floating around.

hal2k1
07-11-2007, 04:18
Well, it seems more user friendly than openwrt. I know about x-wrt but dd-wrt has more things integrated in the UI.

The web-UI for configuration of dd-wrt is far ahead of openwrt, but that still doesn't seem to make up for the fact that openwrt actually works on this box but dd-wrt is an unknown.

Faw
07-11-2007, 14:21
The web-UI for configuration of dd-wrt is far ahead of openwrt, but that still doesn't seem to make up for the fact that openwrt actually works on this box but dd-wrt is an unknown.

Yes dd-wrt is an unknown, that's why I'm asking if someone tried it. :)