PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : a easy way to install kamikaze for beginners (need advice)

back2basic
31-10-2007, 06:55
Last light during my long nightshift I suddenly got a nice idea on how we could make kamikaze for the beginners available. I tought the following:

First I boot a standard image(with modified mount_root), then change root to a usb. Next build a system with all packages we need ( ppp, pppoe, php,mysql,lighttpd,x-wrt,firewall,dhcp,mldonkey,nzb,etc,etc) when thats ready unmount the usb filesystem and boot jjfs. mount the usb on /mnt and make a archive of the usb. ( basicly the image is now ready).

now users only have to flash to standaard image and execute a script that unpacks the archive to the usb and changes boot_dev to usb. Only thing left is set some configuration files, but that can be done in the webif of x-wrt(It's as easy as killing bunny with axes :) )

Now my question is can this work on the way I descriped it?(before i start building something that won't work)

back2basic
12-11-2007, 12:15
Nobody ??

I'm just gonne give it a try,
I'm gonne link all the config files into 1 dir so it is easy to config for everybody

I keep ya updated :)

Hinnerk
12-11-2007, 12:53
I've been following this forum for a while now, as part of my decision-making whether to buy a wl700ge or not. I'm always a bit unsure, if i have to time to read all the important stuff to make a wl700ge that behaves the way i want to - figuring that i'm a mere linux beginner.

Such an image along with a good manual would be wonderful. Anything that lowers the threshold to create a working system fast is great.

Hinnerk

back2basic
13-11-2007, 15:44
added until now http://wl700g.homelinux.net/portal/content/view/51/1/

hal2k1
14-11-2007, 08:58
added until now http://wl700g.homelinux.net/portal/content/view/51/1/

Does the pppoe work?

That would be brilliant if it did.

I have a suggestion: it would be nice if there was a way to collect together & archive all configuration files, so that they could be restored easily after a drive fault or corruption. in a similar vein, it would be nice if people could put together their own collections of installed applications (in my case it would be xmail server that I am interested in running).

back2basic
14-11-2007, 13:01
Does the pppoe work?

That would be brilliant if it did.

I have a suggestion: it would be nice if there was a way to collect together & archive all configuration files, so that they could be restored easily after a drive fault or corruption. in a similar vein, it would be nice if people could put together their own collections of installed applications (in my case it would be xmail server that I am interested in running).

I just build pppoe im there I can't test it because I don't use it ( I run my router behind my modem, I acualluy haven't got a clue how my modem connect's )

bluemotion
22-12-2007, 14:24
How is this firmware coming along?:D
thankyou

back2basic
24-12-2007, 08:21
How is this firmware coming along?:D
thankyou

The new image is almost ready. I'm waiting till the cristmas days are over, after that I buy myself a second router to test.Something will popup in the next few weeks

Faw
22-01-2008, 17:03
Any news on this?