PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Dynamic DNS

laoshai
09-11-2004, 08:01
I have registerred a domain from dyndns.org. And it said that the DDNS only works with the update client which automatically updates your ip from your isp to dyndns. So I installed one on the PC. It works fine with the PC on. Anybody knows if these clients could be installed in the router so that the ip could be updated automatically while the PC is off?

Styno
09-11-2004, 08:18
The newer firmwares all have Dyndns.org support. You only have to configure it in the webinterface.

laoshai
09-11-2004, 14:26
The newer firmwares all have Dyndns.org support. You only have to configure it in the webinterface.

It seems that the build-in dns updater doesn't work. Or can anybody show me how to configure it, say frequency of update?

laoshai
09-11-2004, 14:37

And in the system log, it said "ddns update: error connecting to members.dyndns.org:80 "

Styno
09-11-2004, 15:03
What firmware are you using? And what is your configuration (Gateway, WDS, AP)?

laoshai
10-11-2004, 02:13
What firmware are you using? And what is your configuration (Gateway, WDS, AP)?

The latest one, i.e. 1.8.1.9 from here:
http://taiwan.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-500g&Type=Latest

My router was configured as Home Gateway Mode and AP only. And in IP Configuration page, I chose WWW.DYNDNS.ORG as DDNS server