PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : FUSE on wl500g/oleg

lomo
18-10-2007, 09:26
Hello everybody!

Has anybody been successfull with compiling fuse (File System in user space) on oleg's firmware?

Sshfs with fuse on route would be a great thing at least for me.

Or are there any other options similar to sshfs that are known to be running on this firmware?

oleo
18-10-2007, 20:56
There were many requests before for FUSE but Oleg is unable to port it to 2.4.20.

You could use openwrt Kamikaze with custom build that enables kmod-fuse instead.

LeavingEntropia
05-11-2007, 06:33
I have compiled fuse for mipsel routers (wl500g) and packaged them.

Instructions to install it:
1) Install the kernel module
$ ipkg install http://www.leavingentropia.com/fuse/fuse-kernel_1.9-1_mipsel.ipk

2) Install the fuse package
$ ipkg install http://www.leavingentropia.com/fuse/fuse_2.6.5-2_mipsel.ipk

I need to test it but I cannot get anything to build on my router that uses fuse (eg ntfs-3g) I dont think its a problem with fuse but a problem with my build setup.

If oleg couldn't port it then theres probably something wrong with my version but all the binaries seem to run ok for me.
(fusermount)

LeavingEntropia
06-11-2007, 04:45
It seems that the 1.9 module that I compiled has a bug where when you mount something it says that the directory is not empty and when you force it says invalid operation.

When I try to compile a later version I run into an error:

inode.c:598: unknown field `alloc_inode' specified in initializer
inode.c:598: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
inode.c:599: unknown field `destroy_inode' specified in initializer
inode.c:599: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
inode.c: In function `fuse_inode_init_once':
inode.c:701: warning: implicit declaration of function `inode_init_once'

This apparently is a problem with the 2.4 kernel so I think this is why nobody has been able to compile fuse properly yet. I'll keep trying though.

Update: I compiled a later version of the fuse kernel module but it still has the same problem of invalid operation

LeavingEntropia
07-11-2007, 04:39
fuse: failed to exec fusermount: Invalid argument
fuse_mount failed.

This is a FUSE bug. fusermount should be in one of /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /bin, /sbin. It will not work when in /usr/local/bin. Either copy, or symlink to the correct location (e.g. type ln -s /usr/local/bin/fusermount /usr/bin/fusermount)

Ok I cant do that because the image is read-only! I'm gonna have to insert it into the custom firmware and make my own image, grrrrrr

thE_29
14-08-2008, 14:31
How you managed to compile the FUSE project?
I need the kernel source, but when i download it from asus site and set it at the configure script, it tells me sth about kernel version not set..

LeavingEntropia
16-08-2008, 13:20
I cant remeber, that was so long ago, I just use openwrt now