PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmware restoration: Error 10054

n00ben
11-10-2007, 22:58
When I try to restore my firmware I get an error 10054 with asus firmware restoration tool... the tool finds my pc and tries to upload but gives me that error.

I split up an asus firmware with ASUSTRX and uploaded ***_flash.trx then using restoration.

Also tried installing openwrt, I can upload it to the box, but I need to hold ezbutton for 1 sec when powercycling... (have to do same thing when I want the restoration tool to discover the router) If I do not do this the ready light is just blinking.

Can anyone tell me why I get this error?

/regards
Henrik

kfurge
16-10-2007, 02:12
Sorry, I can't help. I've never seen this error.

- K.C.

CapRanger
12-03-2008, 15:56
Well, I got the same problem.

My router just got back from ASUS after a glitch between the radio unit and antenna, it's fixed and I got it running for about 2 days and then it whent dead.

I've tried about everything I can read in these forums and atm I'm stuck at the following place.

When booting up to run Restoration tool I hold the EZ button and let it go after it blinks the second time. The router then boots up and sometimes I'm able to run the restoration tool. But every time I get a respons from the wl700 I get the Error 10054 message. I'm able to ARP -A after about 30 sec and I get the router at 192.168.1.1 and with the correct MAC. But I'm guessing this is becouse the router boots up as "normal"

If I hold the EZ button until READY stops blinking (stays lit) and try to TFTP a .trx file (1.0.4.2) I get connection timeout, ARP -A get a connection at 192.168.1.1 and MAC 00-00-00-00-00-00.

Atm I'm guessing the HDD is brooken and unfortunaly the only other I got laying around got some broken sectors aswell. I've conneced the HDD to my laptop using a USB HDD shell and made a format to ntfs to clean it up.

Well, I'm all out of ideas at this moment and any sugestion is appreciated.

Fullback
26-03-2008, 18:19
hey, I had got the same error after i messed up flashing my router with the new firmwire. What i did to recover was download acronis disk, formatted my entire harddrive. And then i followed http://wl700g.homelinux.net/drupal/?q=node/54
and it let me flash it, and i could start messing with it aging. let me know if you like me to host the acronis disk program, i can put it in my ftp and give u acess to it. Trust me thier is a fix to your problem, i freaked out when i got that inthat same situation. p.s sorry about the spelling need a new keyboard, working on it.. p.s don't format using ntfs linux does not support that, format it with ReiserFS. This will fix the problem let me know how it goes please thanks!

CapRanger
27-03-2008, 00:13
Many thanks but I'm not there yet.

Got the program, fucked up my laptops MBR, spent some time trying to recovering it, seemd that my vista cd was corrupted :S Got my self another cd. Repaired Vista and this time I got the program up and running.

Formated into ReiserFS. Thought I make a try with my vista laptop. As I thought I didn't got anywhere with this comp. Will get a xp os comp tomorrow as I never got as far with a vista os comp as with a xp os comp.

Fullback
27-03-2008, 18:09
Hey, the program will have to be booted when the computer starts. So you don't need any operating systems installed. You can just plug the wl-700ge hard drive into a desktop computer and on the desktop computer make sure that the book sequence is first set to load the cd-r drive.

by the way... I HATE VISTA.

CapRanger
27-03-2008, 19:09
Only use vista becouse I need to learn it as I work as a ISP support tech :/

Anyhow. I've manage to format it and I seem to be getting somewhere. The thing is that I can't still upload the .trx with tftp and when I run Firmware Restoration I now get 10054, transfer fail. Check this up in another thread and tried some of those sullutions.

What's troubbling me is that when I start the router holding EZ until it stops blinking I get an arp post with 192.168.1.1 00-00-00-00-00-00 unvaild

When I hold EZ until first blink to use firmware restoration i get the arp post to my wl700 with correct MAC.

The times I can ping it I've never experienced more then 5 ping responses in a row. My thoughts are that somehow there is an unstable connection. I've tried with diffrent ethernet cables and computers without any success.

ASUS support gave this case up and told me to contact the store to turn it in... again.

Fullback
27-03-2008, 20:23
Okay, now you said you formatted the hardrive correct? how long did it take you (should have took you at least 1 hour) if it was done correctly?

also did you have a static ip address
192.168.1.2 is what i used
and 255.255.255.0 = as the subnet mask.?

after formatting harddrive plug it in (without power) and hold the ezsetup and then plug the power in.
As soon the ready led blinks let go of it so you ready to upload that trx file. if you still can't upload it let me know i have another solution for you.

CapRanger
27-03-2008, 20:32
Well, didn't take that long. Might get down and get to it right away then.

CapRanger
27-03-2008, 20:49
Format with Acronis Disk takes around 20 sec on my HDD :/

I'm creating a local partion with ReiserFS. Althoug I can't use up all the space and around 7 Mb gets left out.

CapRanger
27-03-2008, 23:48
Tried some of the tips without success.

Althou I noticed now when I dissconnect the hdd and run it through Acronis I noticed that the disk is like this:

Unallocated: 7.844 Mb
Unallocated: 153.4 Gb
None: 14.4 Mb Type: 0x73
None: 153.4 Gb Type: 0x6C

My guess that it might be something with the disk so I made it into NTFS and checked it out and nothing found (errors etc.)

Right now I'm wiping the disk clean to start over fresh. We'll see when I start to try some more.

CapRanger
06-04-2008, 14:36
Now its on its way to repairs once more.

Hope it works out this time.