PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Stuff achieved so far - ICQ, WOL, HTTP, GCC

darkdiablo
07-10-2007, 14:50
Hi guys,

I falled in love with my wl-500gP. So I managed to make him capable of many stuff.

As I mentioned I made icq work, sending messages can be called by scripts. Part of that process was gcc and g++ so I can build almost anything...

I have also webserver with password protected scripts which are executed on my router. That includes Wake on lan over internet and checking status of my pc. I also have shutdown on lan :), thats right, you heard me :)

One of really cool sh*t is www browser in command line.

I am not saying this to make myself look cool. I am offering my help to anyone who wants make this happen. I am not going to write howto just for myself.

BTW All hail Oleg

And sorry for my good english, I am from Czech Republic (and I am partially proud of it)

super101
25-10-2007, 18:24
It sounds very interesting. If you don't want to write a HOWTO for yourself, well, could you write it for us then? :D

darkdiablo
26-10-2007, 20:50
Hi,

thanx for response. What exactly you want to know?

Pavel

peteres
28-10-2007, 12:20
Hi Pavel,
i am interested in wol an machine shutdown on lan from my wl500gp. i am able to power up my pc from router using ether-wake from router's commandline, but not managed how to shut the machine down (win xp) except from remote desktop of pc.
Petr, Brno

darkdiablo
30-10-2007, 09:55
Hi Peter,

shutting pc down is really easy. Samba2 (not sure about Samba1) includes command "rpcclient" which is able to connect to machine running XP and shut it down.

Example -> rpcclient -U user%pass -c shutdown pc_name
(replace user with your xp login name, and pass with xp password and pc_name with name of your pc.)

There is one tiny problem. This works as shutdown command in cmd, but it does not force apps to quit. You need to set this up in your xp using XP manager or something else. And there is unfortunately 30 seconds countdown before it shuts down, I didnt have time to solve this...

Second problem if this doesnt work you need to change you local policies -> in control panel - administrative tools - local security settings - local policies - security options - network access: sharing and security model - change to classic (not guest)

If you want to execute shutdown from web. you need to have webserver and script that shuts down pc. Move script to cgi-bin in your web-server folder, make it executable and there you go. And one more thing, you should secure that script by password, you can do that in httpd configuration file.

Second way how to do all this is to connect to your pc via ssh, but you need to install freesshd on your pc with XP. Then you can call shutdown command on your pc remotely (you can use "shutdown -s -f -t 0" to skip countdown and to force apps to quit).

Let me know about results.

Pavel

LeavingEntropia
01-11-2007, 05:37
how did you install gcc?

darkdiablo
02-11-2007, 08:20
Hi man,

it is as easy as breathing. just install package:

ipkg install buildroot

be careful about the size of that - about 60MB. So it downloads for a longer time...

I also recommend to install:

ipkg install make
ipkg install automake
ipkg install autoconf

for installing apps.

Have fun.

Pavel

georgoz
04-03-2008, 16:30
As I mentioned I made icq work, sending messages can be called by scripts. Part of that process was gcc and g++ so I can build almost anything...
Hi darkdiablo,

could you please write a short howto how to get icq running or can you provide your scripts? I am thinking about running ICQ in a browser but I need a simple backend to send/receive messages.

Thanks for any advice.

Georgoz

gr4ssh0pp3r
03-04-2008, 00:25
Hi darkdiablo,

could you please write a short howto how to get icq running or can you provide your scripts? I am thinking about running ICQ in a browser but I need a simple backend to send/receive messages.

Thanks for any advice.

Georgoz

i wrote a tut for running icq on olegs firmware, you dont need gcc:

wiki.mastereder.de (http://wiki.mastereder.de/doku.php?id=wiki:icq_on_asus_wl-hdd_with_olegs_firmware_irssi_bitlbee)