PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : ninan on wl500 ?

raas
10-09-2007, 12:41
Hi,

quick question,
In my search for a even better newsreader than I use right now (sabnzbd) I stumbled accros ninan (www.ninan.org), a newsreader 'service' which can run and be configured in a browser.

Now I see that they also have a UNIX version on their website.
Being the *nix n00b that I am, I downloaded it, and extracted it to my router and tried to start it with the .sh script which was provided.
That -off course- did not work.. duh... the service/package would not start..
Now I'm a bit lost on what to do... I think I have to compile this package somehow so that it will run on the asus. But I don't know how.

Could someone please provide me with some information on how to approach this, and if it would be impossible, please tell me so, before I waste a lot of time :D.

I'm just curious how and if this could work.

Thanks in advance,

hugbug
11-09-2007, 12:43
It needs java. No way to run it on asus.

raas
11-09-2007, 13:49
ok... thanks for your information..

I didn't look into that....

Then I have to do some work to fix my unrar-ing ('cause that's what's holding me back with SABnzbd right now.)

but thanks. !

hugbug
12-09-2007, 09:33
I think, the unrar-Problem has nothing to do with sabnzbd, because unrar seems not to work since 1-2 months to other people too.

Have you looked at hellanzb (http://www.hellanzb.com)?
I tried it yesterday and it worked. Although my flash-card crashed after few minutes and I could not test it farther. I will try it with HDD one more time later.

raas
12-09-2007, 11:28
Hi,

I figured out myself that it really is unrar that is the problem.
When I issue the command manually in a telnet session it does not unrar also. .

But Hellanzb.. sounds good..
You say you have installed it already on your system.. Do you have a how-to? or is it pretty straightforward..

(does hellanzb download, par, rar and cleanup also?)

hugbug
12-09-2007, 13:50
I assume you use new uClib and Packges from optware/oleg-feed.
Then it is pretty simple:
1) install packages python25 and py25-twisted (I think, it should work with python24 too, but I did tried with python25).
2) download hellanzb (I used hellanzb-0.13) and extract it into any temp-dir on router (you will delete it later).
3) run "python2.5 setup.py install" from hellanzb-dir. It should install itself into python-framework. After that you can delete temp-hellanzb-dir.
4) the setup-script copies file hellanzb.py into "/opt/local/bin". Move it into "/opt/bin" (since "/opt/local/bin" is not in PATH by default). Also move the file "/opt/local/etc/hellanzb.conf.example" to "/opt/etc", then rename it to "hellanzb.conf".
5) edit hellanzb.conf, see remarks in the file. Hellanzb.PREFIX_DIR and defineServer() are enough for quick start.
6) now you can run it with command "hellanzb.py".

Yes, it supports par and unrar.
Web-UI should be installed separately (there are few available).

raas
12-09-2007, 14:45
Thanks hugbug. !

i'm going to try this out tonight.

raas
17-09-2007, 22:20
Hi,

well, I got it working. installed the zussaweb web interface and it runs.

however, I have to start this through in a telnet session and it's displaying download information while downloading, keeping the 'command-line' occupied.

I this it's got something to do with running as a user process or a system proces.. in other words, how can i run it in 'the background'

TIA.

hugbug
18-09-2007, 08:16
There are two possibilities:
1. hellanzb should implement Daemon-mode. Try "hellanzb.py -D".
2. The second way works with all programms. Install packet "screen". Then run programm "screen" (then press any key). Now start hellanzb. Type "Ctrl+A, D" to detach from the screen (you can now even close terminal, the programm runs in background). Type "screen -r" to reconnect to screen (it works even from another terminal-window). See man for screen-command or google "screen linux".

raas
18-09-2007, 21:58
Hey hugbug,

again, thank you for the information. the -D parameter works perfectly. Hella is running daemonized !

getting good speed now (max:746 KB/s)
Now I have to solve my unrar problem (other thread.)

thanks again.