PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Darkstat network monitor possible?

Rob ter Veer
21-10-2004, 14:41
On my obsolete gentoo based firewall box I used to run Darkstat to keep track of my network traffic through a web-interface. I think this is an excelent (and small) tool to do the job.

I sure hope it it possible to compile darkstat on the WL500g and use it there. Can someone, who has experience with compiling on the 500g, tell me if it is possible?

The link (also screenshots): http://dmr.ath.cx/net/darkstat/

Styno
21-10-2004, 15:02
[Update 2003-11-07] darkstat relies on pthreads, which are notoriously crappy on a number of platforms. I didn't know this when I started writing it. I'm planning to eventually rework darkstat to use fork(). As such, I am loath to add new features to darkstat in its current state. v2.6 marks the end of the darkstat 2 line. Work has started on version 3. Don't bet on it.

Search the forum, you'll see there haven been at least two forummembers who've got some sort of statistics website running on their WL-500g. I think you should try one of these. Otherwise you can try to compile the source yourself...

Rob ter Veer
21-10-2004, 19:34
Yeah I saw those.. Functionality I need is monthly stats. I don't have an unlimited line (yet).

Maybe I'm wrong but iptraf does not offer functionality to show monthly usage? The cgi based option does not appeal to me because the way it is implemented.