PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : osx print server woes...

neil
14-08-2007, 20:22
ok, i'm stuck:

trying to get the print server on wl-700ge to work (out of the box) from osx (works fine from pc). its an epson color r300, using gimp-print drivers v5.000 beta2, anyone know the EXACT values i'm supposed to put in when adding printer? i stick ip address in, leave queue blank, and i get stuck constantly on "network host is busy" message...any help, PLEASE!

neil
15-08-2007, 19:34
fixed!

ok, so i've successfully printed 1 page!

for your info:

1) installed latest gimp-print drivers (now called gutenprint) for mac osx.

2) normally, when you go to add printer, you do 'more printers'->window printing and then follow the menus to select the workgroup/printer (putting in password as all setup in the wl700ge). this always gave me "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME".

3) came across this http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301397 which says the above error can occur if the name has spaces/bad characters.

4) mine didn't have spaces, or bad chars, but the article shows how to manually setup a samba printer. to do this, you have to do as above, but when you do 'more printers' you HOLD DOWN THE OPTION KEY (how hidden is that!) which gives you an advanced menu option. from here, its 'Windows via Samba' and then you get to specify the path.

5) for me, my path was 'smb://192.168.0.10/stylus-photo-r3001' and name was just 'photo'...tried this from within iphoto and it just ruddy worked! hoorah!

ok, so no replies to my post in a day or so, but this forum has been a great stepping stone to finding the solution. phew!