PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Cannot poweroff a WL700gE

jno
10-08-2007, 07:09
Folks, can anybody tell me what could it be?

The device want not poweroff via front pannel button.
When downed by unplugging the power cord and turned on again - it starts also without a keypress.
All the function seem to be ok.
But it always make a disk use (sound of "disk heads" (seek) is almost constant).

Thanks in advance!

mumsoft
10-08-2007, 09:59
When downed by unplugging the power cord and turned on again - it starts also without a keypress.
All the function seem to be ok.
But it always make a disk use (sound of "disk heads" (seek) is almost constant).

Thanks in advance!

It is pretty normal for the Asus to start up when it gets power again. That can be very handy in power-outage circumstances.
Because you unplugged it, it has to check the filesystem (just like chkdsk on a windows pc), which makes all the noise.

Unfortunately I don't know why your power button does not work. Has it worked once? Have you an modified/upgraded firmware?

Marc

jno
10-08-2007, 10:04
Thank you Marc for your attantion!

Unfortunately I don't know why your power button does not work. Has it worked once? Have you an modified/upgraded firmware?

The firmware is original, unmodified.
The button was ok until yesterday night (MSK DST).

gratitude182
10-08-2007, 10:28
and now it also won't work or work it again?

grat182

jno
10-08-2007, 11:05
and now it also won't work or work it again?
grat182

all the functions were apparently ok.
oh, wait! :rolleyes:

hm-hm... the girls sitting next to the box reported that they could power it off using the button. I'm about to visit the office tonight to see it personally :confused:

Do you mean a sort of "silent" firmware update?

mumsoft
10-08-2007, 12:25
Thank you Marc for your attantion!
The firmware is original, unmodified.
The button was ok until yesterday night (MSK DST).

Then probably the button is broken.
So, let it repair by Asus under warranty.

Marc