PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : 500g for signal boosting and security cam

buono
13-10-2004, 13:47
Hello all.

I have a 500g on its way from a supplier.

My current setup is a Linksys Wireless-G all in one device, actins as DHCP server, router, access point and DSL modem.

I want to add the wl500g to boost signal strength in one part of the house, and enable me to set up a webcam for security.

I do not want it to perform any function other than to sit on the network as if it were another PC with webcam attached. No routing, no SSID broadcasting, no encryption, nothing.

How do I set up the 500g to do this?

Will I be able to view the webcam picture with the 500g running like this?

Any help appreciated.

Styno
13-10-2004, 14:00
I guess you have to set it up in Hybrid mode. In Hybrid mode the WL-500g can connect to another AP and with wireless clients at the same time.

No routing, no SSID broadcasting, no encryption, nothing.
See your manual...

buono
13-10-2004, 14:05
Don't have one yet! It is on its way.

Thanks for the pointer though, sounds like what I need.

Technik
13-10-2004, 18:01
Don't have one yet! It is on its way.

Why don't you download the manual from the ASUS website then? The printed version is usually a bit obsolete anyway... :)

brubber
13-10-2004, 22:39
Why don't you download the manual from the ASUS website then? The printed version is usually a bit obsolete anyway... :)

Couldn't agree more, I would even advice to download manauls etc. before buying if possible

buono
14-10-2004, 10:35
I did this last night and had a good read.

I think I have an idea of the settings so we will see how it goes.

Interesting that the Asus starts with the same IP address as the Linksys.

I guess to set the Asus up it is best to connect to it via an ethernet cable and access the setup pages from there.

Thanks for the advice.