PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : External Hard Drive HDD

tmota
21-07-2007, 22:25
Hi,

I bought recently a wl-500gp and attached a 300 GB external HDD through the USB port which was detected fine and where i followed the WL-500g Premium How to Part One (http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=5909) tutorial. But for some reason, I stop having access to my HDD even when I reboot the router with/out USB HDD cable attached wouldn't recognise giving me this message on the routers system log

Jul 21 22:06:14 kernel: hub.c: new USB device 01:03.2-2, assigned address 5
Jul 21 22:06:14 kernel: usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=5 (error=-71)

My external HDD is formated in linux type partition and a swap one.

As anyone having this kind of dificulties with external harddrives ? I read something about spindown your external HDD is that what I have to do and how ? Thanks

tmota
18-08-2007, 15:01
When I try to connect a USB pen drive or even a 2.5" Hard disk eveyrthing works perfectly fine detecting the device and showing them in /dev/discs/discX. When I do

$ /cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

it shows my USB pen information but not my 3.5" hard disk because it keeps giving me the error that I have mention in the earlier post.
I have also rested the router and still have the same problem... :confused: :confused: :confused: don't know what else to do.

Is anyone having a similar problem ?! :eek:

sven7
24-08-2007, 08:39
I have a similar problem. I got my 500gp setup and running fine for couple of weeks. Suddenly my web page not able to display and i found my hd file error. and can't mount it back. i am going to loss all my information in the hd... any one can help ?

sven7
24-08-2007, 09:34
Hi all,

I try to format another drive using NTFS, it can been seen by the 500g, but when create files, it saying "Read-only files system", anyting i miss ? Thx

jrosado
25-08-2007, 11:16
Wl-500gP can't write on NTFS ;)

tmota
26-08-2007, 11:03
I have formatted the HDD in ext3 and ext2 (linux partition). It was working fine until stopped working at no reason at all. I have tried the same HDD in different wl-500gP and the other routers detected perfectly so I think is something wrong with my router. I have pressed the restore button but problem persists. So I think the only solution here is to format the routers ram. Has anyone did this ? Is it safe?