PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : wl-500gP LAN connection problem.

simonhang
21-07-2007, 07:52
Hi,

I have a wl-500gP with oleg 1.9.2.7-7f firmware in AP mode with empty iptables rules. 500gP is connection to my main ADSL modem/router which has 4 ports switch. And my pcs are all direct connect to the main router.

This strange thing started appear since yesterday.

For some reason my PCs will lost connection to 500gP time by time. During that period, 500gP can connect to internet/gateway. My PCs can connect to internet/gateway too. But ping from PCs to 500gP will timeout.

But modem can talk to 500gP without problem. I can telnet to 500gP using my modem's shell. I check arp and other settings all looks normal. After a while the connect can be restored by itself. One thing I guess worth mention is I'm running amule on 500gP. Sometime the box swaps a lot.

Anybody know why? Or some suggestion for more investigation?

Thanks,
Simon

simonhang
25-07-2007, 06:54
problem solved. There is nothing to do with the firmware. I was original thinking it could be tcp overflow.

It's my bridge connection to ISP playing the trick.
somebody keep sending my wrong ARP reply package via the bridged link. so all my PCs are having the wrong MAC address. break that link, and no more problems! Seems I can not enable the IPTV connection for now. The IPTV connection requires multicase route and IGMP proxy.