Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amule client for wl500gp

Dear all,

Managed to get amuleweb running by following gorion install guide. Following is my successful configuration.

amule.conf
    [eMule]
    AddServersFromServer=0
    AddServersFromClient=0
    [WebServer]
    Enabled=1
    Password=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
    PasswordLow=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
    Port=4711
    UseGzip=1
    UseLowRightsUser=1
    PageRefreshTime=120
    Template=
    [ExternalConnect]
    AcceptExternalConnections=1
    ECAddress=
    ECPort=4712
    ECPassword=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
    ShowProgressBar=1
    ShowPercent=0
    UseSrcSeeds=0
    UseSecIdent=1
    IpFilterOn=1
    Note the webserver part, following config must be enable or set:
    Enabled=1
    Password=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
    PasswordLow=ef7628c92bff39c0b3532d36a617cf09
    password must be in md5 format, please refer here on how to generate one:
    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Amule. The password i use here is amule.

This is optional,it tells amule not to update server list, I able to connect only if I set them to 0
    AddServersFromServer=0
    AddServersFromClient=0
    Before running amulewed -w, please ensure the HOME env var has been pointed to /opt/share/amule, lse the remote.conf file will ended up in /usr/local/root if you are login as root.

Do the following before running amuleweb:

export HOME=/opt/share/amule
    after that do a echo just to makesure, it points to /opt/share/amule
    echo $HOME
    I haven't tried any download yet,it makes the router running slow when amuledweb enable though.

Hope my config can get yours running.

MY problems:

1. Low id connected to donkeyserver2. Seems like only able to connect to this server.
    2. My KAD is always disconnected. is there any conf file I should do?
    3. Connection to server during starting is slow, eating up router resource

1. Low id connected to donkeyserver2. Seems like only able to connect to this server.
    add these lines to /usr/local/sbin/post-firewall (the ports can be different depending on your setup):

PHP Code:
    # these three ports are for aMule
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
    iptables 
    -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT
    iptables 
    -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT 
    May be you will need to add also:
    PHP Code:
    # set default policy
    iptables -P INPUT DROP
    # remove last default rule
    iptables -D INPUT -j DROP 
    Check the result with
    iptables -L

Better use remote GUI instead of web interface:
    1) web-IF consumes valuable router's resources, remote GUI apparently no
    2) both are freezing sometimes. However, recovering of web interface requires restart of the router, while remote GUI can be recovered just by restarting GUI.
    Last edited by al37919; 08-05-2007 at 08:15.

Thanks for info.
    How to do remote GUI for amule?

install amule on PC (linux/windows --- doesn't matter). aMule Remote GUI is included in the distribution.

Red face aMule Unable to Connect

I'm having trouble connecting with aMule. I've downloaded a servers.met from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html (the best servers one) and put it in my amule directory (/opt/home/p2p/.aMule). I've left the ports to the defaults and configured iptables as follows:

# remove default rule
    iptables -D INPUT -j DROP
    # aMule stuff
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
    # re-instate default rule
    iptables -A INPUT -j DROP

I run amuled as the user p2p, but it is unable to connect:

2007-05-15 15:49:41: Servers: Trying to connect
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connecting to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170 - 66.199.250.170:0)
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No2 (62.241.53.16:4242) timed out.
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170:8911) timed out.
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Failed to connect to all servers listed. Making another pass.

Help please!

My experiences running amule on wl500gp

Hello,

I got amule working now on my new wl500gp and thought I should write down some findings:

1. The amule OptWare package does not work on OpenWrt. Although the availability in the ddwrt feed suggests it should work (at least according to the optware wiki page) it generates segmentation violations as soon as the download of a file starts.

2. Amule on Oleg firmware from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op.../cross/stable/ works! Thanks to Gorion for suggesting to switch to Olegs firmware.

3. I experience a problem however with the latest package (2.1.3-8). It cannot connect with the Kad network. The problem is not that it is just firewalled, there is no connection at all. The previous version did not have this problem. Could it be caused by the adunanza modifications?

4. Therefore I tried the amuled binary provided by Al37919 (http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=52214&postcount=25) and got Kad working again. This binary still has a problem with very large files (I tried a 4Gb one) but that is a known problem (syslog.log has entries like 'May 16 20:41:11 kernel: file_cluster badly computed!!! 106634 <> 80196' and amuled does not run anymore when I check). I got a 915Mb file downloaded Ok and am going to check a >1Gb one soon.

5. Besides this only one problem remains: disconnects from the Kad network. Sometimes when I check how Amule is doing Kad is disconnected and the file with known Kad clients (nodes.dat) is just 4 bytes long. Reconnect then doesn't work because all known clients have disappeared. The only thing that works is killing amuled, replacing the nodes.dat file with a non-empty one and starting amuled again. I realize this problem could be unrelated to the OptWare port but any suggestion would be appreciated.

6. Still one other problem: amuleweb gives segmentation violations now and then. This is not a big problem because I run the amule Gui on my laptop. It is a sh***y program but it works...

Thanks you all for the postings in this forum.
    I hope my post can help others getting amule running.

Pim Borst.

Quote Originally Posted by polygrindle View Post
    I'm having trouble connecting with aMule. I've downloaded a servers.met from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html (the best servers one) and put it in my amule directory (/opt/home/p2p/.aMule). I've left the ports to the defaults and configured iptables as follows:

# remove default rule
    iptables -D INPUT -j DROP
    # aMule stuff
    iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
    # re-instate default rule
    iptables -A INPUT -j DROP

I run amuled as the user p2p, but it is unable to connect:

2007-05-15 15:49:41: Servers: Trying to connect
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connecting to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170 - 66.199.250.170:0)
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No2 (62.241.53.16:4242) timed out.
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Connection attempt to DonkeyServer No1 (66.199.250.170:8911) timed out.
    2007-05-15 15:49:41: Failed to connect to all servers listed. Making another pass.

Help please!
    Hi,

I use:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT 2 -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT 3 -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT

which place the rules at the very top of the chain.
    I am not a network guru so I don't know if it will solve your problem but it works for me.

good luck,
    Pim Borst.

Thanks for the help, it turns out it was the servers.met file. I used the amule port test page http://www.amule.org/testport.php to check that my port was open (via lynx on the router) and this confirmed that iptables was not the problem. Re-reading this post I noticed that there had been problems with too many servers in the servers.met file (I'd downloaded the best servers one from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html. So I deleted the servers.met created a staticservers.dat in the .aMule directory with just one entry, and hey presto it connects!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pim Borst View Post
    Hi,

I use:

iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 4662 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT 2 -p udp --dport 4665 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I INPUT 3 -p udp --dport 4672 -j ACCEPT

which place the rules at the very top of the chain.
    I am not a network guru so I don't know if it will solve your problem but it works for me.

good luck,
    Pim Borst.

2polygrindle
    to understand why this ruleset is not working you have to analyze (or show here) output of
    iptables -L

My guess is that you might have switched on logging of firewall activity in the web-IF. In this case iptables -D INPUT -j DROP will not give expected result

2PimBorst
    file_cluster badly computed is a strange error.
    Which file-system do you use? If it is fat32, then it might be limitation of FS (AFAIK it is 2Gb)
    Assuming that you have ext3, I suggest to unmount the hdd and run e2fsck on it to check for possible errors in FS

amule has 4Gb limitation of the file size. This is general limitation not related to our routers. However, in my case it just doesn't accept file links with larger size

Quote Originally Posted by Pim Borst View Post
    Hello,

I got amule working now on my new wl500gp and thought I should write down some findings:

1. The amule OptWare package does not work on OpenWrt. Although the availability in the ddwrt feed suggests it should work (at least according to the optware wiki page) it generates segmentation violations as soon as the download of a file starts.

2. Amule on Oleg firmware from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op.../cross/stable/ works! Thanks to Gorion for suggesting to switch to Olegs firmware.

3. I experience a problem however with the latest package (2.1.3-8). It cannot connect with the Kad network. The problem is not that it is just firewalled, there is no connection at all. The previous version did not have this problem. Could it be caused by the adunanza modifications?

4. Therefore I tried the amuled binary provided by Al37919 (http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=52214&postcount=25) and got Kad working again. This binary still has a problem with very large files (I tried a 4Gb one) but that is a known problem (syslog.log has entries like 'May 16 20:41:11 kernel: file_cluster badly computed!!! 106634 <> 80196' and amuled does not run anymore when I check). I got a 915Mb file downloaded Ok and am going to check a >1Gb one soon.

5. Besides this only one problem remains: disconnects from the Kad network. Sometimes when I check how Amule is doing Kad is disconnected and the file with known Kad clients (nodes.dat) is just 4 bytes long. Reconnect then doesn't work because all known clients have disappeared. The only thing that works is killing amuled, replacing the nodes.dat file with a non-empty one and starting amuled again. I realize this problem could be unrelated to the OptWare port but any suggestion would be appreciated.

6. Still one other problem: amuleweb gives segmentation violations now and then. This is not a big problem because I run the amule Gui on my laptop. It is a sh***y program but it works...

Thanks you all for the postings in this forum.
    I hope my post can help others getting amule running.

Pim Borst.

Do you suggest to drop adunanza patch?

OpenWRT compatibility is not full as there are some kernel differences. But maybe we are missing some library. Could you post strace output to pastebin.ca?

Quote Originally Posted by oleo View Post
    Do you suggest to drop adunanza patch?
    As I wrote in previous page of this thread, Adunanza patches are valid only for italian ISP Fastweb. It patches Kad that normally is unanvailable on other Mule clients on this ISP. Don't know for sure if this works with other ISP, but for sure, a normal Mule client doesn't work on Fastweb network.
    I suggest you to go back to -7

Please Oleo, can you post me a provate msg about how to apply patches that you'll produce adding adunanza patches to keep my -8 version updated ?

Thanks, Max

Quote Originally Posted by al37919 View Post
    2PimBorst
    file_cluster badly computed is a strange error.
    Which file-system do you use? If it is fat32, then it might be limitation of FS (AFAIK it is 2Gb)
    Assuming that you have ext3, I suggest to unmount the hdd and run e2fsck on it to check for possible errors in FS

amule has 4Gb limitation of the file size. This is general limitation not related to our routers. However, in my case it just doesn't accept file links with larger size
    I must confess I still have fat32...
    According to Wikipedia, fat32 has a 4gig limit so I didn't think that was the problem. In a couple of days I will clean up the harddrive I am using and switch to ext2 or 3 filesystem. I will let you know whether the problem disappears.

thanks,
    Pim.

With http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/6051 there will be two packages available:
    • regular
    • adunanza - valid only for Italian fastweb

With http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/optware/changeset/6051 there will be two packages available:
    • regular
    Oleo... I'll never stop to thank you.
    Great choice, so I'll be able to compile again !
    Actually adunanza team released a patch for the CVS version of aMule...
    I'll check it, it seems will be able to use protocol obfuscation and files > 4Gb...

Give it a chance...

Max

• regular
    Thank you Oleo for splitting amule into two packages.
    The regular amule package works fine for me now: it is stable and files up to 4G are not a problem.
    Some tips (might be trivial for most readers...):
    • Don't use a FAT filesystem for the Temp and Incoming directories; you will not be able to download large files and amule will crash. Use ext3 instead.
    • The built-in stupid-ftpd cannot handle large files >2G. They won't show up in the directory listings. I used proftpd to transfer large files to my PC. I am going to switch to vsftpd and xinetd because a running ftp-daemon prevents the harddrive to spin down.

Some problems I still have:
    • Kad connection is lost after a few hours. I read on the aMule site it disconnects from Kad when there hasn't been any Kad activity for a certain time so this might be 'intended behaviour'. I am not the only one that doesn't like this: on the aMule site there is even a script that will restart amuled when the connection is lost/closed!
    • After several hours my laptop cannot connect to the router using wireless anymore. Signal strength is OK but the authentication fails. Disabling and re-enabling the routers radio with a PC with a wired connection solves the problem. I read a posting that it might be a heat-related problem but I have not found a clear solution yet...

Pim Borst

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast