Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Web gui for ctorrent - YODCTCS

Hi all, here is a new version!

changelog:
    # Version 0.6.2 - 05/01/2008

* details dialog shows the size of stopped torrents and links to their directories
    * translated versions can customize hotkeys
    * added error reporting (in most cases)
    * code cleanup
    * bugfix: no more untranslated_key messages (in case of correct properties files)
    * bugfix: corrected typo in messages.properties

can you consider adding a feature to batch add torrent (paused or started)?

would be nice if yodctcs could check a folder for .torrent file and add them automagically paused, just like transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by lyka View Post
    can you consider adding a feature to batch add torrent (paused or started)?

would be nice if yodctcs could check a folder for .torrent file and add them automagically paused, just like transmission.
    it checks the torrent-dir when it is started so this could be extended to check it regularly. i put it on the todo list.

hi all!
    new relase available, mostly bugfixes:
    # Version 0.6.3 - 13/07/2008

* added option: check-interval check the torrent-directory for new .torrent files and add them automatically
    * downloading from submited url now honors the Content-disposition header (filename should be what the server suggests)
    * bugfix: added error message if the messages.properties file not found for the specified locale
    * bugfix: fixed size problems with details dialog
    * bugfix: '\' character in torrent name no longer prevents it to be displayed

Thanks for you work. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to update.

p.s. If possible i would give you another advice. To let our share be more clear and easy to check, would be nice if completed torrent would go to another folder or if completed torrent have a mark on their names...

example:
    /myfolder/seeding-torrentfileorfoldercompleted1
    /myfolder/seeding-torrentfileorfoldercompleted2
    /myfolder/downloading-torrentfileorfoldercompleted3
    /myfolder/downloading-torrentfileorfoldercompleted4
    /myfolder/paused-torrentfileorfoldercompleted5

This semplify the post-download cleaning.

Thanks for you work. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to update.
    thanks.

p.s. If possible i would give you another advice. To let our share be more clear and easy to check, would be nice if completed torrent would go to another folder or if completed torrent have a mark on their names...
    feature requests and bug reporst are always welcome but i am not interested in this one (at least for the moment).

Question Firefox/Win client?

Hi,
    I almost missed this nice software... I've installed it first in Kamikaze, tried to connect to it using Firefox 3 beta 2, but it reported that the web site is not available. Checked netstat, firewalls but found no problem. So I just used plain enh-ctorrent with screen there.
    Then I had to switch to Oleg's firmware (due to the Kamikazes problem with HDD transfers). I tried yodctcs build for oleg's firmware then, but got the same results. And then luckily I tried to connect to it using IE7. And that worked.
    So, is this Firefox's problem (it's beta, so...) or something else?

(BTW, the oleg's package installed ctorrent as a dependency. Was that neccessary? I've removed it and everything seems to be working anyway)

Thanks,
    Andris

Quote Originally Posted by andyqp View Post
    Then I had to switch to Oleg's firmware (due to the Kamikazes problem with HDD transfers). I tried yodctcs build for oleg's firmware then, but got the same results. And then luckily I tried to connect to it using IE7. And that worked.
    So, is this Firefox's problem (it's beta, so...) or something else?

(BTW, the oleg's package installed ctorrent as a dependency. Was that neccessary? I've removed it and everything seems to be working anyway)

Thanks,
    Andris
    Hi,

i tested yodctcs with ie6/7 and firefox 2.x. Now i tried out with
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121016 Firefox/3.0b2
    and it worked fine, maybe it is because the beta state but i dont expect the error "cant connect to site".
    On oleg fw the dependency should be enhanced-ctorrent i will fix it in the next release.
    Thanks for the comments.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dske View Post
    maybe it is because the beta state but i dont expect the error "cant connect to site"
    Thanks for the replay and sorry about the false alarm: the problem is in firewall software that I am using. Disabling it does the trick. I've not checked configuration and logs yet, however, it is interesting that the problem manifested itself only on firefox - IE7 and Opera both worked fine...
    Anyway, this is not YODCTCS problem here.

Thank you for your time!

A long awaited new version is finally available:
    # Version 0.7.0 - 10/02/2008

* support for tracking wget downloads
    * added option: wget and wget-args
    * bugfix in gui selection handling
    * added favicon.ico
    * code cleanup

(translations have to be updated)

downloaded torrent move to YODCTCS

Dear All,

it is possible to move the earlier downloaded torrent from my computer to YODCTCS for seeding?
    I use wl-500GP and Oleg firmware.

Other question:
    If I reboot my router stop every torrent in YODCTCS. I must restart manualy. How could I starting automaticaly.

THX

(sorry but I am a total beginers in Linux world, with some experience with dos)

Quote Originally Posted by bb11 View Post
    Dear All,

it is possible to move the earlier downloaded torrent from my computer to YODCTCS for seeding?
    I use wl-500GP and Oleg firmware.
    yes. copy the downloaded data to your
    download-directory
    and if
    check-interval
    is not zero then the torrent file to
    torrent-directory
    if check-interval is zero then upload the torrent file via gui.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb11 View Post

Other question:
    If I reboot my router stop every torrent in YODCTCS. I must restart manualy. How could I starting automaticaly.

THX

(sorry but I am a total beginers in Linux world, with some experience with dos)
    set
    restart-torrents=1
    in the configfile

Does anyone know a way to change the listen port range for ctorrent when using YODCTCS? The default port range for enhanced-ctorrent is 2106-2706 but you you were to specify a -p 6881 in the command line of YODCTCS wouldn't all your ctorrent instances try to run on 6881 and not work? Also the -p switch is used for the port yodctcs uses for it's web ui to compound the confusion.

Anyways how would you specify a port range for ctorrent when using yodctcs?

I've also noticed that when checking my active connections and the service names, none of them come up on the default ctorrent listen port range of 2106-2706. When I use utorrent from a workstation I see a huge number of connections on port 6881 or whatever port I specify, this isn't the case when I use ctorrent.
    Last edited by particleman; 20-03-2008 at 06:01.

Quote Originally Posted by particleman View Post
    Does anyone know a way to change the listen port range for ctorrent when using YODCTCS? The default port range for enhanced-ctorrent is 2106-2706 but you you were to specify a -p 6881 in the command line of YODCTCS wouldn't all your ctorrent instances try to run on 6881 and not work? Also the -p switch is used for the port yodctcs uses for it's web ui to compound the confusion.

Anyways how would you specify a port range for ctorrent when using yodctcs?
    at first a quote from enhanced-ctorrent user's guide:
    -p port Listen port. (default 2706 -> 2106)

Specify the TCP port number on which to listen for incoming connections. By default, CTorrent starts at 2706 and searches for an available port in decreasing order until it finds one or exhausts all ports down through 2106. The behavior with this option is similar, but starting at the specified port number.
    so the -p option can work.
    there is no confusion between the two -p options

you can start dctcs like:
    dctcs --ctorrent-args "-p 6881"
    or
    dctcs -- -p 6881
    or you can set in the config file:
    ctorrent-args=-p 6881

But by specifying a single port, won't all instances of ctorrent end up trying to use the same port? If you specify -p 6881 and 6881 is already being using by another instance of ctorrent, does it automatically use 6880 even though you only specified -p 6881? When you are running ctorrent over the command line this wouldn't be an issue with multiple torrents because you would already know you used 6881 on a previous torrent so you would type a different torrent for your next one. But when you specify it in your options in dctcs you are only specifying one port.

"If this port is taken, it will try all ports down to TCP 2106 until it finds a free port. It's recommended to open the full portrange (TCP 2106-2706) if you are planning on running multiple instances of CTorrent on the same machine!"

Quote Originally Posted by dske View Post
    at first a quote from enhanced-ctorrent user's guide:

so the -p option can work.
    there is no confusion between the two -p options

you can start dctcs like:
    dctcs --ctorrent-args "-p 6881"
    or
    dctcs -- -p 6881
    or you can set in the config file:
    ctorrent-args=-p 6881

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast