Thread: WL500gx GPIO shit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GPIO on wl500gx

I would like to use GPIO lines for monitoring some signals, and to power an external led.

I have no clue however, how this should be done. I've read something about the diag driver on OpenWRT, but I run Oleg's firmware.

I have a wl500gx (deluxe)

I see something about gpio in /dev/gpio but I don't know how to use it.

I want to monitor three states on each gpio line: on/off/flashing (1 sec interval on-off)

Anyone?
    Solar inverter monitoring with Asus wl500gx http://solar.reinieren.net (dutch)

Quote Originally Posted by mistraller View Post
    I want to monitor three states on each gpio line: on/off/flashing (1 sec interval on-off)

Anyone?
    You can use USB HID device (keyboard) as input/output interface. Input - keys circuit, output - LED line.
    © 2008-2013 ABATAPA WL-500gP/128M / Asus RT-N16 / USB Flash / VLAN / PPPoE / VoIP / nShaper / NAS: iStor is607, Sarotech NAS-20, QNap 109 Pro / NFS / Ïðèíòåð / etc

All 4 usb ports are in use, and GPIO is free to use. I don't want to add an USB hub, if gpio ports are available.
    Maybe not the easiest solution, but the most interesting for me, because i want to know how GPIO works.
    Solar inverter monitoring with Asus wl500gx http://solar.reinieren.net (dutch)

well, if you need only reading by router from these GPIOs, I guess it is the easiest. Just read continuously:
    PHP Code:
    cat /dev/gpio/in 
    then change the state of the pins and see the changes in the value obtained and try to figure out which bit is which.

To write to /dev/gpio/out you should provide first a bit mask in /dev/gpio/outen