Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1.8.1.7-1 custom firmware available for testing

Hi

• If you try to dissable the wlan radio in the status and log / wiress page, you get an error from syslog
      Code:
      Oct 17 16:27:34 WL500g user.warn klogd: Attempt to kill tasklet from interrupt
    • Can you make a page in the status and log that shows the stupid_ftp.log just like system log does ??

Greets
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Hello!

Is THIS PROBLEM solved in this FW? ???
    best regards
    Pirat

Quote Originally Posted by xlephant

Quote Originally Posted by MSG
    2. I can't seem to disable the firewall on the router. Every time I try to disable it, the router will become unstable and becomes nonresponsive (like I can no longer log onto the router web interface) very quickly after every reboot of the router (I would have to reboot the router through manually unplugging the power cord). On top of that, even when I can access the router's web interface, the router cannot get a pppoe connection, even if I press the connect button, nothing will happen. As a consequence, I've left the router's firewall on.

same at my device. maybe it is a bug.
    Hello

The problem is by me the same too!

The Problem is, I can`t reset the AP! (The Power LED ist blinking, but nothing do.)
    (And after I disable the firewall I write the config in the flash)

What can I now do?

Quote Originally Posted by Holli
    Hello

The problem is by me the same too!

The Problem is, I can`t reset the AP! (The Power LED ist blinking, but nothing do.)
    (And after I disable the firewall I write the config in the flash)

What can I now do?
    do a reset to defaults when the AP is powered on and press&hold restore button until powerled flashes sometime (1-2 times)

but when powered off and holding the restore button while powering on it goes into firmware restoration mode (blinking powerled)

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Well, the router still dies on me, and even more frequently now it seems compared to the ASUS 1.8 version....

Strangely enough, I can see the router still talking and synching with the NTP server at times when no device can connect through it (wifi to lan etc. remains working) and all I have to do to re-establish connection is disconnect and reconnect the wan port...

any suggestions or anything I can do to help?

thx,
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by bumper
    Well, the router still dies on me, and even more frequently now it seems compared to the ASUS 1.8 version....

Strangely enough, I can see the router still talking and synching with the NTP server at times when no device can connect through it (wifi to lan etc. remains working) and all I have to do to re-establish connection is disconnect and reconnect the wan port...

any suggestions or anything I can do to help?

thx,
    Pat
    please use firmware 1.8.2.4 this seems to solve WAN port issue

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by bumper
    Try this one: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1101

I really like how this firmware looks, I tried it on 500bv2 and it mostly it seemed to work. But I did run into issue that I was not able to change wifi channel. I could modify it through web inerface, router remembered it and claimed it's broadcasting on selected channel, but wireless scan from my laptop always showed it as broadcasting at channel 1. Using card in monitor mode on various channels confirmed that, regardless of setting through web interface, it's indeed always broadcasting on channel 1.

I wonder if anybody else has tried this firmware on 500bv2 and mentioned similar issues, or if it's just me. I tried reseting to default settings, without success. When I switched back to official 1.8.1.9, everything seemed to work just fine again, with scans reporting correct channel.

edit: And yes, I did use v2 version of the firmware.
    Last edited by jup; 13-12-2004 at 15:04.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123