Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.8.1.7-1 custom firmware available for testing

No Printer Status

Hi
    • The Status dialog of the Printer is emtpy, no "disconnected" anymore.
      I will try later what he does if i connect one.
    • Also, the nem Uptime field is not realy nice, better would be splitting it into a time and an uptime field.
    • And a standart way to dissable asus printing and not-used jetdirekt printing queres (lpt) to gain more free ram is a good idea i think
    • Could ip_conntrack_max be raised to 4096 by default ?

Greets
    Last edited by WlanMan; 14-10-2004 at 15:42.
    My Stuff: WL-500g, Mapower H31x 10GB HD, Philips Webcam Vesta PRO, TerraTec Webcam PRO, USB Hub

Quote Originally Posted by Holli
    I can`t login with my old password and the username admin or root!

Can somebody say me how I can login into the admininterface
    reset to factory defaults first, after that turn of your wl500g and turn it on

then login to http://192.168.1.1/ and use 'admin' as password AND name

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Hmm nothing!

I try to reset the AP and install the 1.8.x firmware again.

Quote Originally Posted by phedny
    Where do I add it, since I tried some places in the Makefile, but it doesn't quite work...
    Well, latest Makefile is attached to this message.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have now reset the AP and I can login!
    But then I change some things in the administration (I think the last where the de/activation of the Firewall for the WAN Port) and now I can`t login into the Webinterface, SSH/Telnet. The AP doesen`t ping. Only the routing for LAN/WAN, and the DHCP works.
    And when I reset nothing change!

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    UPDATE: I've updated wl500g page with new instructions
    That page says "Root fs is now ext3". What does that mean?

Also can you say a few words about the customizability of this firmware compared to the previous one (IIRC, it uses a single libc which should save us at least a couple hundred KB).

Quote Originally Posted by monnier
    That page says "Root fs is now ext3". What does that mean?
    You know, router can bootup from external usb drive with my firmware. Previously external filesystem was required to be ext2 formatted, starting with 1.8.1.7-1 ext3 used instead.
    Also can you say a few words about the customizability of this firmware compared to the previous one (IIRC, it uses a single libc which should save us at least a couple hundred KB).
    It's harder to alter boot process, cause it's no longer script driven, but yes, it's build with uclibc only, so there is still free space in the flash (~400k).

Oleg,

Sorry if you consider this as cross posting, as I explained the idea in the wl hdd forum.

Do you think it would be possible to add to the firmware the ide folder from the 2.4.20/kernel/drivers subfolder of a WL HDD firmware?
    Would it allow us to do some instmod on the files to mount hard drive controler support for wl-hdd using your firmware?

In case you don't have them at hand, I'm just posting the ide folder content here. Did I overlook something in my reasoning?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MSG

2. I can't seem to disable the firewall on the router. Every time I try to disable it, the router will become unstable and becomes nonresponsive (like I can no longer log onto the router web interface) very quickly after every reboot of the router (I would have to reboot the router through manually unplugging the power cord). On top of that, even when I can access the router's web interface, the router cannot get a pppoe connection, even if I press the connect button, nothing will happen. As a consequence, I've left the router's firewall on.
    same at my device. maybe it is a bug.
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Do you think it would be possible to add to the firmware the ide folder from the 2.4.20/kernel/drivers subfolder of a WL HDD firmware?
    Would it allow us to do some instmod on the files to mount hard drive controler support for wl-hdd using your firmware?
    No binaries are included to the firmware at the moment. These modules should be recompiled from scratch and be carefully tested BEFORE inclusion to firmware.
    I've no wl-hdd hardware, so I'm unable to play with them. You may want to flash wl500g firmware and play with it yourself.
    Also, at the moment wl300/500 firmware sources does not contain wl-hdd submodel, so it's needed to alter Makefiles adding wl-hdd and adjusting existing thing to exclude ide drivers from other firmwares. I do not want include ide modules to the wl500g flash due to size limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Hi
    Could ip_conntrack_max be raised to 4096 by default ?
    Added an option to 1.8.1.7-2 web iface for this setting.

wireless "hangs" when trying to get DHCP

Hello.

Thanks Oleg for making the only firmware in 1.8.xx that works with WPA-PSK in WDS mode!

But I have a problem with this one that I haven't experienced on other firmwares.

When I haven't used my computer for a while in wireless mode, My ASUS router will not give me DHCP adress. It find my ASUS, but won't get an DHCP.
    I tried to set a manual IP adress just for testing if this was the DHCP server in my ASUS was in a hang, but I could not contact my ASUS even then.
    I also have a computer connected to the LAN port, and this one works fine. No problem getting DHCP and no problem connecting to internet.

When I reboot my ASUS through the web interface everything is ok.

kjetil

hi oleg,

what about wondershaper? is there something wrong?
    did you already read my msg on this thread:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=752&page=3&pp=15

thx a lot
    Athlon XP 2200+ runnig on ECS K7S5A
    512 MB DDR
    160 GB Samsung
    Ati Radeon 9500
    System running under Yoper.v2
    Router: WL500g

Quote Originally Posted by xlephant
    hi oleg,

what about wondershaper? is there something wrong?
    did you already read my msg on this thread:

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=752&page=3&pp=15

thx a lot
    Answered in the original thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kjetil
    I tried to set a manual IP adress just for testing if this was the DHCP server in my ASUS was in a hang, but I could not contact my ASUS even then.
    This is not a DHCP problem, looks like WPA problem. Try switching to WEP only.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast