Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFSv3

Perhaps its a solution for the, I'm sorry to say this, crappy performance of Samba on the WL-500g as well.

A hint for the upcoming 1.8.x.x CR firmware perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Perhaps its a solution for the, I'm sorry to say this, crappy performance of Samba on the WL-500g as well.

A hint for the upcoming 1.8.x.x CR firmware perhaps?
    perhaps yes.. crappy shit is not only caused by samba low speed of the usb is also causing low results but we knew that already :S

anyway @ JOCKYW2001

please send you're firmware to forum@chupa.nl

i also have the GPL of firmware 1.1.2.7 available (yes i know there is no 1.1.2.7 firmware yet) i'll send you login details to get them
    if there are others interrested please contact me

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Thx Antiloop will dl tomorrow

My currently working nfsd runs in userspace. I've just finished building the kernelspace nfs-utils-1.0.6 which might have a better performance. I could only compile it w/o wrapper and security stuff. No need for that anyhow fttb.
    There are two binaries mountd and nfsd (and there's a lot more utils like showmount etc)

First I start my portmapper: ./portmap
    Next I need to mkdir /var/lib/nfs
    followed by mountd: ./mountd -f /tmp/harddisk/part1/conf/etc/exports
    followed by ./nfsd

Unfortunately mounting a share doesn't work:
    /var # mount -t nfs -o soft,udp,rsize=32768,wsize=8192,nolock 192.168.1.220:/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies /var/movies
    mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
    mount: nfsmount failed: Bad file descriptor
    mount: Mounting 192.168.1.220:/tmp/harddisk/part1/Movies on /var/movies failed: Invalid argument
    /var #

(my kernel has nfsd support)

Anyone?

PS: I haven't started performance testing with SFU NFS client yet

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    please send you're firmware to forum@chupa.nl

i also have the GPL of firmware 1.1.2.7 available (yes i know there is no 1.1.2.7 firmware yet) i'll send you login details to get them
    if there are others interrested please contact me
    I compiled the 1.1.2.7 , it runs with no noticable improvements. I added NFSv3 client/server support and also managed to get the kernel based NFSv3 daemon and utils to run. Atm the telnetd and nfs stuff must be started by hand. As soon as I've sorted out how to start stuff automatically in the most efficient way I will make it available to chupa.

nfs-utils compilation?

Hi JOCKYW2001,

kann you tell me how you compiled the nfs-utils stuff?
    I was trying to compile nfs-utils against uClibc cause I'd like to have a nfs-server on my asus wl500g running on OpenWRT. However tehre some problems with getrpcbynumber_r function which is not existent on uclibc.

Have you compiled it static against glibc?

Greetings,
    Fabe

Quote Originally Posted by Fabe
    Have you compiled it static against glibc?
    Yes

JockyW

I compiled kernel with nfsd support,
    portmap
    nfs-utils

but cannot mount with strange error
    host who mount writes Permission Denied
    but in my wl-hdd's syslog
    written
    mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted ...
    what doe's it mean ????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12