Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Firmware 2.0.0.7

The firmeware he wrote is based upon 1.0.4.6 version. To me most stable one.
    Thx for your advice.

I am still running the 2.0.0.7 and peeked around my router exploring which file does what. Due to my exploration i came along this:
    Code:
    534     ./apps/usr/.giFT/FastTrack
    471     ./apps/usr/.giFT/Gnutella
    9       ./apps/usr/.giFT/OpenFT
    1       ./apps/usr/.giFT/completed/corrupted
    1       ./apps/usr/.giFT/completed
    2       ./apps/usr/.giFT/ui
    1066    ./apps/usr/.giFT
    553     ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/bin
    1010    ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib/giFT
    1       ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib/pkgconfig
    1313    ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/lib
    534502     ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/FastTrack
    459     ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/Gnutella
    11      ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/OpenFT
    2       ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT/ui
    : 992     ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share/giFT
    ^@992     ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc/share
    2858    ./apps/usr/gift-nasoc
    1       ./apps/usr/bin
    3924    ./apps/usr
    43944   ./apps
    Does this mean what i am believe it is meaning? FastTrack and Gnutella are familiar to us all ... but i reread the giFT Project Page - giFT Wikilink.

So ... what are these files doing on my disk??
    Where our calculations fail we talk about coincidence.
    Albert Einstein

iTunes

md-daapd on 2.0.0.7 not working?
    iTunes 7.3 not show track in my library on wl700
    -------------------------------------------
    Íà èõ àòèïè÷íóþ ïíåâìàíèþ, îòâåòèì íàøåé àïàòè÷íîé äèàðååé !!!

Quote Originally Posted by houli-mouli View Post
    The firmeware he wrote is based upon 1.0.4.6 version. To me most stable one.
    You give me too much credit. All I did was fix a few bugs and put together a simple framework to hang some applications on.

- K.C.

Teamspeakserver possible?? Some errors during starting

Hi,

had install the firmware successfully. Very nice WI.

But I have some problems.

I try to install the actual "teamspeak linux server".

I download the package from teamspeak HP.

Extracted it in the following folder:

shares/MYVOLUME1/home/tss2_rc2

I chmod the "server_linux" and "teamspeak2-server_startscript to 777

Error:

If i exec the startscript (./teamspeak2-server_startscript)
    the error "teamspeak2-server_startscript : not found" appears.

Error2:

If i try to exec the "server_linux" (:/server_linux) the error appears that the applett not found.

Can everyone help me to fix this problem??

regards

sirsmokealot

I installed the 2.0.0.7 firmware last night and LOVE it. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it addresses many of the functionality limitations of the device, however it did add one (in my mind) critical update.

Additions:
    - SIMPLE/EASY ability to prioritize traffic. Simple buttons. WOW, LOVE IT. I tried a huge download from a BT server and my VOIP traffic was still a little delayed, but not choppy. I'll continue testing. The old method of manually setting ports wasn't compatible with the largest VOIP providers since they require a range of ports to be prioritized. Hopefully this new implementation will work. FYI, multiple questions on ASUS support site sit unanswered (8 months and counting).

- Easy to see list of servers that sit on the network. The old way was not intuitive and difficult to find.

Open issues:
    - Problems importing BT feed: The import process is not smooth and sometimes fails. It doesn't always save the feed. Sometimes the status screen stalls and doesn't display results. I haven't had an opportunity to download a file larger than 2GB. I still can't get the client synchronized with the router. I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.

- The router keeps defaulting to PPOE (or what ever DSL connectivity is called) for internet access. Interestingly enough the router can see the internet IP, but won't allow clients out. I rebooted multiple times and finally got it working. Not clear on the problem. One nice addition is the router will let the client know when internet access is down by routing users to the router interface.

As great as the 2.0.0.7 firmware is, let's not forget that it leaves the router wide open to WAN side password free telnet sessions (afaik). In my book that renders it completely useless.

Your ISP's DHCP function is Fail

Tried the 2.0.0.7 FirmWare but sometimes i get the following error:

Connection Fail Message

You are fail to access the web page you want to reach.
    Fail Connection Reason :
    Your ISP's DHCP function is Fail
    We Suggest You to :
    Please check if your ethernet cable is still being pluged into WAN port of WL-700gE.
    Please login Admin ID/Password first.
    We will direct you to do relative setting to fix this problem.
    Admin ID :
    Admin Password :

Please Fill in your PPPoE Account and Password (Provided by your ISP). We will help you finish the PPPoE Settings.
    PPPoE Account :
    PPPoE Password :
    Please contact with your ISP(Internet Service Provider) to find out the root cause of DHCP failure.
    Please make sure WL-700gE's LAN ip is differ from your ISP's gateway ip.
    Please check if your DNS Setting is correct.
    Or you can go to WL-700gE's Setting Pageto check and modify your settings.

I think it is the same Error as Yeller described.

I downgrade to 1.0.7.8 again, waiting for a better 2.x version

I get the same error after rebooting the router (the PPPoE redirect). I have found that if i disconnect and reconnect to the internet through the web UI it starts working again. I wish there was a fix to stop it defaulting to PPPoE crap.

~e

Quote Originally Posted by AverySimonsen View Post
    As great as the 2.0.0.7 firmware is, let's not forget that it leaves the router wide open to WAN side password free telnet sessions (afaik). In my book that renders it completely useless.

OMG, I just tried this version of the firmware and it's great! the torrent client especially is a huge improvement imho. Mainly becuase it lets you schedule your downloads, which is huge for me as I have a large 'off-peak' data allowance (g'day to all you Ozzies out there, you know what I'm talking about). It also lets you choose the destination folder for the completed file. I think I'm going to stick to this one. It's behind my voip router and wan access is disabled so I think it should be fairly safe, it's like having a whole new router! why oh why dont they release this officially <smacks head>

-t-

When i first bought the router a week ago i thought who would design a bt client which is so useless, have you not seen utorrent? But very happy now that i have updated the firmware to 2.0.0.7, it is working smooth as! The gui is soooo much better and the dl function is at least able to be used with a scheduled dl option available now. This is how it should have been in the beginning!

The pppoe redirect page does come up when configuring though which is irritating but not the end of the world, maybe this is something asus can work on in the next firmware edition, along with more bt functionality and faster wireless transfer speeds.

Overall i have to say that this is a great all round router, there really is nothing else for the price and versatility on the market which beats it (yet).

good work asus!

I need Help!!!!! help me adjust routing that Firmware 2.0.0.7

Lightbulb =)

Can't you give me the source of 2.0.0.7 to add RUSSIAN language to the FirmWare!?

This firmware has been around for 10 months now.

Is it officially released or still "beta" ?

Have there been any updates or is the Telnet access still insecure?

JOC

I don't think they will ever officially release this firmware, I used it for almost a year. I always had issues with it, like it trying to pppoe so i would always have to disconnect and reconnect after a reboot just to get back online and it always running at a cpu load over 1.0. I thought the nice UI as worth it but I was wrong, recently i downgraded to k.furge's latest firmware and am very impressed. I also like having ipkg to install other apps.

~e

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ToXiC View Post
    Can't you give me the source of 2.0.0.7 to add RUSSIAN language to the FirmWare!?
    Hi,

I'am also searching the GPL because I want to integrate the 2.0.0.7 UI into the 1.0.7.8KF - but i also can't find it anywhere!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast