Thread: Help! system can access internet but not ping each other

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help! system can access internet but not ping each other

Hi there,

I am using WL-500G with frimware 1.8.1.9. Using manual IP addresses. One computer connected thru wired ethernet (192.168.1.2) and another using wiresless (WL-167G) (192.168.1.3). They can both connect to internet without problems but they cannot see each other in neighbour and cannot even ping each other. They can both ping the router though (192.168.1.1).

I am using HomeGateway mode...Anyone what's worng here??? How to set it up correctly?

HELP !!!

sounds like even they are not bridged(is that the default?) or that routing is disabled.

Pretty Much default...what should I do?

Yes, this is pretty much after the easy setup wizard, how do I make them "Bridged" or enable routing? You mean "Port routing"?

Do I make the changes in the WL-500G? (Web page) or on the individual computers?? PLs explain

thx.

please completely turn off windows XP firewall or other firewalls if you have any

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Very Slow to start first web page

Hi,

yes, silly me, I had installed personal firewalls which blocks all traffic, reducing their security level solved the problem.

However, new problem, I found that whenever I don't access the web for a while and I load a new page, it takes a while (10-20 secs) just to load the first page, but afterwards, browsing is relatively quick.

I suspect the WL-500G disconnects from ISP and reconnect, but I see the system log only have one line about connecting to ISP.

I have entered "0" as the ISP connection time (so it should not disconnect).

Is there anything to help?

Does this behaviour still occur if you use the IP address directly instead of the dns name?