Thread: problem with suprnova

Lightbulb problem with suprnova

hello , i'm having troubles when i want to launch a BT bownload from suprnova and only from suprnova.Others *.torrent files work fine.
    I'm using win xp , Firmware Version: 1.8.1.9.
    This problem comme probably from my firewall configuration, indeed the problem came when a turned on the wl500g firewall.
    here is the message that i get from suprnova :

Unauthorized download

We're sorry, but this downlod request cannot be authorized. There could be several reasons for this:

1) You clicked on a link on an *unofficial* SuprNova.org mirror. We do not allow that kind of external hotlinking. This site creates a great deal of traffic and it's hard to find a good hosting. We will not provide the bandwith for other sites. Please visit SuprNova.org and you can download all the torrents you want.

2) You're using a download manager. But there's a solution to this problem:

Set up your download manager to send a HTTP referer, and when you click on a link on the SuprNova.org site the download will be authorized. Here's how you can do this in Getright:

Go to Getright Configuration, under Advanced/Protocol check Send "Referer" in HTTP Request and then select Calculated from open web browser page.

The setup should be similar for other download managers.

3) Your browser did not send a referer. This normally happens if you right click on a link and select save-as, or if you copy and paste a link into a new browser window and press Enter. It may also be that your browser is set up to not send any referer. But left clicking on a link works just fine and has been tested in IE6, Netscape 6, Opera6, Firefox and Safari

Some software firewalls, for instance the Norton Personal Firewall (which is also part of Norton Internet Security) or ZoneAlarm remove the referer from HTTP requests which will block any downloads on any site that does a referer check. Hence such options should always be turned off. In Norton you have to go to the Privacy Settings and disable browser privacy (which doesn't really protect your privacy anyway as your IP address will always be logged regardless of that setting), in ZoneAlarm you have to go to Privacy -> Cookie Control -> Custom and uncheck "remove private header information".

Software like AdSubstract also blocks the referer and makes downloads impossible.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you understand our reasons for doing so. Bandwith doesn't come cheap and we have to do all we can to keep the bandwith usage down.

someone can help please ?

I doubt this has to do with your router. If you look at the reasons stated, it most likely has to do with the browser you are using, if you're not using a download manager or a non-official site. I had the same problem today, and edited my settings in Opera and ZoneAlarm for the Suprnova site. I allowed for http referrals in the Privacy settings, and after that the link worked.

Now, if only people would actually dedicate some bandwidth for uploads, bittorrent would be much better...

GL

Smile

y're right , i tried to dl from suprnova on my debian and it worked !!So my router config is ok.
    now i really don't know what cause this on windows , i tried port forwarding and also tried others BT clients but always the some , links from suprnova don't work and ohers links work fine !!
    I also scanned the registry but no changes .

any ohter idea from someone to solve this ?
    thx all

Quote Originally Posted by spacy
    y're right , i tried to dl from suprnova on my debian and it worked !!So my router config is ok.
    now i really don't know what cause this on windows , i tried port forwarding and also tried others BT clients but always the some , links from suprnova don't work and ohers links work fine !!
    I also scanned the registry but no changes .

any ohter idea from someone to solve this ?
    thx all
    aren't u running norton internet security or something?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

i'm runnig kerio personal firewall , i desactivate it i try dl from surpnova but always the same
    Also i have the same problem on my laptop : suprnova links don't work and other bt links work nice !!
    i really don't know what to check now !!
    thx for y're help
    Last edited by spacy; 18-09-2004 at 15:58.

Have you installed SP2? Because SP2 has its own firewall...

No i'm running win xp pro sp1

Quote Originally Posted by spacy
    No i'm running win xp pro sp1
    click this link:
    http://wl500g.info/forumdisplay.php?f=70

and click further on the wl500g

does that one work? or are u throwed back to the main forum?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

the link works fine no problem !!

ok it's resolved !!
    i removed KPF and installed SP2 and reinstalled my BT client
    i really recommend the SP2 they added a lot of pretty thinks
    thx all for your help!!