Thread: Samba: "Write error" for files > 100 MB

Unhappy Samba: "Write error" for files > 100 MB

Hi folks,
    At the moment I'm trying to set up my wl500gP. Therefore I connected a 160GB USB drive with one fat32 and two ext2 partitions with the router. After some troubles with the writing permissions I finally made it work.

First I used the firmware by Oleg (1.9.2.7-7f) for having ssh access and better configuration possibilities. But then the router sometimes crashed (internet didn't work any more) and I experienced troubles when copying big files (>100 MB) to the network partition. The client is running with a WinXP system, a sencond one with Ubuntu, with both systems the errer occurs. Also using a different file explorer only makes difference in the kind of error message.

Now I downgraded my system to the original firmware but still have the same problem with writing big files...

Does anyone have an idea about what could be the reason for that? Could it be a matter of swap size or memory? When using OLEG's firmware I extended RAM to 32MB.

Thanks
    Martin

same problem ... need resolution >.< its uncomfortable to upload per ftp

Using Samba 3.0.25b-1
    Full admin rights, write small files no problem, bigger files above 100-200mb crashs. i dont think it has something todo with the ram ... it should write sequently hdd is writing but ... it crashes ....

update:

okay .. its more than 200mb ... round about 600mb couldnt find a solution yet
    Last edited by Kunairu; 27-07-2007 at 14:17.