Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some more tips and tricks

torrentflux-b4rt: full featured torrent client

torrentflux-b4rt is a fork of torrentflux. It's a full features bittorrent web interface, but it's somewhat of a hog on resources. If you can live with a load of 1.5-2.0 when running 2-3 torrents, each limited to about 40-50 maximum connections, then here's how to set it up.

1. Install the requirements:
    Code:
    ipkg install lighttpd php php-fcgi sqlite2 python
    2. Get the attached torrent-flux.conf. Put it under /opt/etc/lighttpd/. Examine it and create the appropriate directories (such as /opt/share/www/torrent.flux) or log dirs.

3. Download torrentflux-b4rt. Copy the contents of the html/ dir in the package under /opt/share/www/torrent.flux.

4. Start lighttpd:
    Code:
    /opt/sbin/lighttpd -f /opt/etc/lighttpd/torrent-flux.conf
    If you get error messages examine them and fix them, most likely you need some dirs created.

5. Use a browser and go to your router on port 8081, and load /setup.php. You should get the installation wizard. Tip: when asked for an sqlite database, the first field (the file) is best if it's empty or "localhost".

That's it. The rest is up to how you set it up, because it has a very complex configuration. Don't be scared of how slow the interface is, that's how it works I'm afraid, the Asus is a small and slow machine.

If you want queueing you'll need to start fluxd from the interface.

I advise you to use bittornado as the client, because it's included with the package and works well out of the box. If you want transmission it won't work with Oleg's transmissioncli! You need to compile the hacked version that comes with torrentflux-b4rt and put it somewhere on your HDD and point the configuration to it. I'm attaching a compiled binary taken from b4rt alpha6, try to use it, YMMV.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wirespot; 11-03-2007 at 15:44.

thanks man, but i get the message:

Code:
    Error: Your PHP installation does not have support for SQLite built into it. Please reinstall PHP and ensure support for your database is built in.
    Sollie.

What repository are you using? I'm using Oleg's. It's possible your PHP package doesn't have Sqlite support. If you do "php -i|less" in the console you should see sqlite somewhere in the output. He compiled PHP using "--with-sqlite=shared", don't know about other package maintainers.

Its there:

Code:
    '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,
    Sollie.

PS: I have a wl700ge and use olegs repository.
    Last edited by sollie; 11-03-2007 at 20:01.

I fixed that error by adding the following lines to php.ini:

Code:
    extension=pdo.so
    extension=sqlite.so
    Sollie.

PS: keep the order i gave (extension=pdo.so ontop)

Ah yes, I seem to recall I had to do that as well. Good job pointing it out, thanks.

Second problem, i could almost install all packages, but i have some left:

Tool Name Path Info

Code:
    awk NOT FOUND Warning: could not find awk on your system. Default path /usr/bin/awk used. 

cksfv NOT FOUND Warning: could not find cksfv on your system. Default path /usr/bin/cksfv used. 

uudeview NOT FOUND Warning: could not find uudeview on your system. Default path /usr/local/bin/uudeview used.
    I dont know where to find.

Sollie.

They're not essential. At least cksfv and uudeview aren't, and most likely vlc and unrar aren't either. Not sure about awk, but install it to be on the safe side, it's in the "gawk" package.

PS: cksfv is a nice tool to have though, so I've added it here.

Hmm ok thanks. Its up, but not running. After login it doesnt do anything.

Sollie.

PS: i can browse the admin.php page, but when i go to home it stops loading and ends up with a white screen.
    Last edited by sollie; 11-03-2007 at 21:22.

You should check the logs for errors in this case. Also make sure you have JavaScript enabled, I think it needs it to some extent.

Save CPU, pause transmission when not in use

Oleg's transmission wiggles around even when there are no torrents in work. Enough for the load to go around 0.3. So when you're not using it, go in the interface and hit "Pause". All transmission clients will stop soon after that, and you'll get a nice load of 0.0. Or, you can use that CPU power to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by sollie View Post
    I fixed that error by adding the following lines to php.ini:

Code:
    extension=pdo.so
    extension=sqlite.so
    Sollie.

PS: keep the order i gave (extension=pdo.so ontop)
    I appear to be having some trouble with this - I have added those lines to my php.ini file, but I still get the same error when I try and setup the database in torrentflux-b4rt.

EDIT: nevermind, a full router reboot seems to have sorted it...
    Last edited by d3viant; 12-03-2007 at 19:16.

Just to be on the safe side, did you restart the web server? I know, PHP is supposed to run in CGI mode and thus pick up php.ini changes instantly, but just in case.

LE: there you go.
    Last edited by wirespot; 12-03-2007 at 19:24.

Yes - I was trying webserver restarts to get it going - that should really be enough, but after a router reboot, the php.ini changes appeared to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by wirespot View Post
    User+password access to your webserver is very very useful because, together with SSL encryption of the connection, it allows you to access your router fairly safely even when not at home...........
    Hi! Just a comment.
    htdigest don't work, when extracted from the .ipk(error: can't load library 'libaprutil.so.0')
    apr-util(ipkg install apr-util) must be installed to get htdigest working, without installing apache+deps

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast